Can someone explain to me the policies of Duterte in the Phillipines...

Can someone explain to me the policies of Duterte in the Phillipines? He seems to have had a very popular time working as mayor and major public support as president despite his public killings.
Can't really ask this on /pol/, don't really think there'll be any serious responses.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDP–Laban
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

An absolute madman basically.

But it's a classic example of foreigners showing their noses where they don't belong.

The guy won in a landslide, and everybody's cheering on the drug dealer death squads, but the UN went
>MUH POOR DESTROYERS OF LIFE :(((((

apparently
>phillpines has been fucked in the ass by drugs
>man promises to kill drug dealers
>wins in an absolute landslide
>tells civilians to kill drug dealers
>country improves
>the west is upset

He's engaging in shitty polices that don't work.

ELABORATE

25 year rule, fuck off.
This is literally /pol/, in the non meme sense.

he once commented on the massrape/murder of a female missionary by saying that he should have been the first to rape her as the major of the city

( he was a major before his presidential career )

He's a commie that can get away doing shit because of the importance of the Philippines in America's strategy against China. He knows this and is exploiting it while running a populist campaign.

BTW that hostage crisis was supposed to be stopped peacefully. But he order police to shoot sniper bullets and kills the hostage taker and the hostages.

>But it's a classic example of foreigners showing their noses where they don't belong.
Yeah, whenever I see him brought up anywhere, especially /pol/ or Reddit, you get a lot of Americans and shit acting as if he's pure evil and of course trying to compare him to Trump.

You'll usually see that countered by actual Filipinos who will post about his track record as mayor and basically say "the country is a corrupt, crime-infested shit hole with an inefficient bureaucracy; something needs to be done and he has a proven track record".

He's popular because he appeals to bydlo by appearing 'manly' and 'tough' and 'no-nonsense'. In reality, this is mostly a front, and he is just as corrupt as his predecessors.

>Davao City is actually habitable
>"HE'S JUST AS CORRUPT HE'S JUST AS BAD IT DON'T MATTER THAT HE'S GOT A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OR THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY SUPPORT HIM"

Cuck watching could be a sport

As a Filipino, I think he is disgusting but also very clever. His campaign was focused on crime and corruption, which really are the only things the poor and uneducated (roughly 60% of the population) care about. Trouble is, his administration is not showing any signs of caring about other aspects of running a country besides shooting bad guys. Any 'improvement' that's happening is at the cost of democracy, an idea that's literally the cornerstone of our republic.

I'm all for being Macchiavellian but his methods are too reckless and impractical. He is destroying diplomatic relations with the West and is villifying us, as if we needed more bad rep being Mexicans of the sea

>Proven track-record
Hey, any city would be orderly if you have a pack of rifle-armed gestapo gunning down people :^)

>but theyre d-drug dealers
Who cares about due process anyway amirite?

Also trumped up/false charges are a thing. Drug users and consequently dealers will always exist.

Cui bono?

What is important is that his version of war on drugs works. Western, "civilised", humanitarian one, doesn't.

>mobs killing people in the streets
>working
sure

>druggies go to jail while dealers are unaffected
>this is totally better than if uncivilised mongols would kill both druggies and dealers

Or you could just legalize it
inb4 dude weed lmao shitposting

it is though

Duterte isn't completely detestable though. No historical personality is. I find his dedication to anti-corruption efforts to be quite respectable.

Dude what can go wrong? Desperate druggies out of cash totally won't commit crime when it's legalised 420 #legalazeweedlmao. Oh and by coincidence it's a complete lie that north from Philippines there used to be a country that had its entire administration paralysed by opium.

It doesn't because war on drugs policies never work and don't tackle the drug problem properly.

you know absolutely nothing
this guy has said to go ahead and kill drug USERS and drug ADDICTS

That's why you have self defence laws and allow citizens to own firearms.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDP–Laban

This is the party he belongs to
This is not even close to communism, even he declared himself a social democrat

This lmao
Davao City is the safest city in a corrupt riddled Philippines

It may have worked but it never eradicated drugs in Davao entirely. It never will

I'll ask again but this time in English because it seems you folks don't know what cui bono means...Who gains? Who does this guy's presidency benefit?

Basically the majority of people when it comes to crime, but other than that I don't think he has any real policies to wipe out poverty, starvation and the real corruption in the Philippine Congress

This

Thing is all these hit pieces against him by the Western media is because he refuses to kiss ass to America and the West like every single administration before him. If he did they wouldn't give a shit about what he's doing.

> Any 'improvement' that's happening is at the cost of democracy, an idea that's literally the cornerstone of our republic.

Yeah whole lot of good democracy did for the Philippines. The environment doesn't exist for a functioning democratic state, what the Philippines needs is a dictatorship, one that actually cares about the country.

>He is destroying diplomatic relations with the West
>Implying that's a bad thing

What has the West done for the Philippines in the past several decades? Besides pumping the country with money from sex tourism, not a goddamn thing. Duterte is smart enough to realize that China is the next rising star in global politics and that's why he's getting cozy with them.

Nah man, I'm not asking if he's actually helping anyone. I'm asking who could be profiting, who stands to gain from him being president. In a word, who are his backers?

>China
They are literally having a dispute with us about the South China sea and their illegal building in our own territory. As much as I have respect for my president, what he's doing with the Chinese is completely fucking dumb and he's isolating us from the rest of the world to join China Russia and Assad. The last thing we need right now.

The majority of the people
Duterte is going to fuck up some of the rich too you know?