>"y-you too brutus"

Nay. Also nice trips.

Why would you stab a man before throwing him out of the forum

I AM THE SENATE

"ET TV, BRVTVS" TRANSLATES AS "AND YOU, BRUTUS?", NOT AS "YOU TOO, BRUTUS?"

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis

NOT YET.

>doesn't know memes
Pls stop posting and don't come back until you have your memetics diploma, you dip

Stabbing him was part of their plan.

it's treason then

what the fuck's the difference?

I AM AWARE OF THE "YYOU TOO" MEME, BUT THIS APPLICATION IS SENSELESS SINCE "ET TV, BRVTVS" TRANSLATES AS "AND YOU, BRUTUS?", NOT AS "YOU TOO, BRUTUS?"

MAYBE IF YOU FOCUSED YOUR MENTAL ENERGY ON IMPROVING YOUR LOGICAL PERFORMANCE, RATHER THAN IN ATTEMPTING TO BE CLEVER, YOU WOULD NOT EXPERIENCE SUCH RIDICULES AS THIS ONE.

One is "And you, Brutus?", and the other is "You too, Brutus?"

Are you stupid?

It's a meme you dip

Learn to read, moron.

Put your trip back on schizautist

>now that I have taken over the roman empire I'm going to invite all my ex-enemies to talk politics in a small confined room
>STOP, I'M IN CHARGE HERE
>HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME
>BRUTUS NO I AM YOUR FRIEND
>MARK WHERE ARE YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
who wrote this shit

Yes, he failed at sublety. After Spain, he went full retard and alienated the senate too much.

"Even you, Brutus?"

SO, ACCORDING TO YOU, BECAUSE HE DID NOT PLAY THE SLY AND INSIDIOUS GAME OF FALSITY OF THE MAJORITY OF THE CORRUPT SENATE, HE DESERVED TO BE ASSASSINATED?

YOU ARE A MORON.

WHAT ROME NEEDED AT THAT POINT WAS DRASTIC RADICAL REVOLUTION, NOT BUREAUCRATIC AND DIPLOMATIC SUBTLETIES; IF CAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR WAS GUILTY OF SOMETHING, HE WAS GUILTY OF NOT BEING SUFFICIENTLY DRASTIC.

"ET" TRANSLATES AS "AND", NOT AS "EVEN".

STOP POSTING IN ALL CAPS YOU FUCKING MORON
>what Rome needed was drastic radical revolution not subleties
Yeahh must be why Augustus was so unsuccessful right? Oh wait.

YOU ARE A MORON.

Octavian tread the path cleared by Caesar, so he didn't need to be radical or drastic; he just strolled smoothly.

It was the only way they could stop tyranny

IF YOU WERE LINGUISTICALLY INTUITIVE, IT WOULD BE OBVIOUS TO YOU THAT THE SENSE OF "EVEN" IS A LATER CORRUPTION.

Stop typing in all caps, you nigger.

AUGGGHHHHH

>Octavian tread the path cleared by Caesar
Octavian enacted veritable shitloads of reforms, many more than Caesar, and in a more gradual and less offensive way. He didn't go around pulling stunts like the crown bullshit, he didn't rename months in his honour, he always made sure to rule with the senate's assent (even if forced) rather than just bypassing and delegitimizing it by going straight to the plebs. Caesar was a literal demagogue by comparison.
Besides, you could just as easily say that Caesar trode the path cleared by Marius (going straight to the plebs) and Sulla (marching on Rome), does that invalidate his accomplishments?

WHAT THE FUCK'S THE DIFFERENCE

They're different arrangements of words with different meanings...

even you means "you as well" and you too means "you as well" too
HURR THEY MEAN DIFFERENT SHIT I WILL NOT EXPLAIN WHY I WILL JUST STATE SHIT I HEARD BEFORE AND NOT CRITICALLY THINK

Et already had the meaning of even when this phrase was purportedly uttered, you stupid fuck, which is why, if you were contextually intuitive, it would be obvious to that the sense of the phrase, and the reason for Shakespeare's use of it, was: "even you, Brutus?" you stupid sack of dried-white, week-old, desiccated dogshit.

1. SHAKESPEAR'S USE OF IT WAS ENTIRELY ORIGINAL; THERE WAS NOT, NOR HAS THERE EVER BEEN, A PURPORTED UTTERANCE BY CAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR OF THAT QUESTION.

2. THE ALLEGED FACT THAT "ET" ALREADY HAD THE SENSE OF "EVEN" IN MID FIRST CENTURY B C E DOES NOT NECESSARILY ENTAIL THAT IT WAS NOT A CORRUPTION.

Dude, can you please turn the Caps lock button off? I'm reading everything you write as some angry schizo screaming.

Read your point 1 again. You've just blown your earlier argument that et is supposed to be read as 'and' entirely the fuck out. Think about it, dumbass.

Secondly, Shakespeare's use of the phrase was not original whatsoever. Julian was thought to have originally said, "You too, my son / my child?" This was already extant at the time of Suetonius, circa 140 AD. You really are as dumb as a hemp sack of armpit hair.

Holy shit that's some nice autismus you've got there :)

>1. SHAKESPEAR'S USE OF IT WAS ENTIRELY ORIGINAL; THERE WAS NOT, NOR HAS THERE EVER BEEN, A PURPORTED UTTERANCE BY CAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR OF THAT QUESTION.

THIS IS A STRETCH. SUETONIUS RECORDS THAT SOME SAID CAESAR'S LAST WORDS WERE "ΚΑΙ ΣΥ TEΚΝΟΝ" WHICH, WHILE NOT WHOLLY IDENTICAL TO THE TRADITION SHAKESPEARE RECORDS, INDICATES THAT HE WAS NOT THE ORIGINATOR OF THIS TRADITION.

>R Y Z H K N D
Pls fucking leave

>Read your point 1 again. You've just blown your earlier argument that et is supposed to be read as 'and' entirely the fuck out. Think about it, dumbass.

1. HOW DOES SHAKESPEARE'S FICTIONALIZED PHRASE OF "ET TV, BRVTVS?" CONTRADICT THE SENSE OF "ET" AS "AND", ACCORDING TO YOU?

2. I AM NOT CLAIMING THAT "ET" SHOULD EXCLUSIVELY BE TRANSLATED AS "AND", BUT THAT ITS GENUINE LITERAL ENGLISH TRANSLATION IS "AND", NOT "EVEN", NOR "TOO".

>Secondly, Shakespeare's use of the phrase was not original whatsoever. Julian was thought to have originally said, "You too, my son / my child?" This was already extant at the time of Suetonius, circa 140 AD. You really are as dumb as a hemp sack of armpit hair.

YOU ARE DEVIATING FROM THE "POINT"; THE "POINT" IS THAT THE QUESTION "ET TV, BRVTVS" HAS NEVER BEEN PURPORTED, OR BELIEVED, TO ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN SAID BY CAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR.

Please stop screaming. Your mum will get you tendies soon alright?

I like how you removed your tripcode to make it less obvious that you were samefagging hard, didn't help, but nice effort. Saying that the "application is senseless" and getting so riled up because it wasn't a 100% accurate translation (He was just making a joke, not trying to translate all things supposedly uttered by Julius Caesar) just makes you look autistic. Also you forgot to turn off capslock btw.

>All caps means screaming hurr

I feel sorry for you.

>conventionsarestupid
itseasytorealizewhenyouresamefaggingturdnooneelsewouldconsideracceptabletojustdisregardrulesofposting

put your trip back on

>YOU ARE DEVIATING FROM THE "POINT"

You are fucking deviating from the point you caps locking namefag retard.

STFU and GTFO this fucking thread is about

>Did he deserve it?

and you have completely derailed it with your namefag caps lock autistic OCD over some Latin grammar bullshit.

GTFO muh Veeky Forums

>All this frustrated asshurt over nothing...

>KILL HIM HE WANTS TO BE EMPEROR
>Senate's faces when killing him literally destroys the Republic and kicks off the reign of the Emperors

Was getting killed part of his plan?

>killing him literally destroys the Republic
The republic died with Marcus Livius Drusus.

They didn't stop it though

The more I read about Caesar the more I'm convinced he was a retard who got lucky as fuck that his enemies were even more retarded

What the fuck could you possibly have read to think that?

After being arsehurt about latin grammar for hours, you lost the right to complain about other people being butthurt.

Also you like many people in the thread has already pointed out, you are not fooling anyone by removing your tripcode, we all know it's you

I thought the quote was: "Tu quoque mi fili!"

Wikipedia says both translations are correct.

"kαὶ σὺ, τέkνον" translates as "Kai su, teknon?", not as "Tu quoque mi fili!"

No he didn't. He made life much better for the people whilst fucking over the corrupt Senate. Whats wrong with that?

>genocide
Probably.

It transliterates as "Kai su, teknon" but translates into Latin as "Tu quoque, mi fili".

>all these idiots replying to a tripfag

Don't you know how it works?

>barbarians lmao
>crossing the Rhine lmao
>make the senate super pissed then go to them unarmed lmao

Why do people like you live?

Why are you fucking retards quoting Shakespeare instead of Tacitus? Sad!

It's "et tu brute," learn to use the vocative you dipshit. And please don't write u as v, it doesn't make it look more accurate, it just makes you look like a dumbass who doesn't understand how Latin is written in the modern world

Not really.
The senate was obsolete and holding the empire back. It was also officially based on corruption and nepotism, and that system didnt work out anymore as the elite stopped caring about anything but their own good.

>CAIVS
Just no. Gaius is abbreviated with C, but it was never written in full that way.
Et had been used as an intensifier since classical Latin, even before Caesar. Yes, at some point it may have been a corruption, but literally every part of every language was and it was very much a part of standard Classical Latin to use it in this way.

In short you're waving your dick around when you shouldn't be and so I ask you to kindly kill yourself :^)