Why is it that snipers were not considered war criminals?

Why is it that snipers were not considered war criminals?

What's criminal about shooting the other guys in war?

Why should fucking snipers rather than Bomber planes pilots be considered war criminals?

If you're going to start charging snipers for war crimes, why not artillerymen too?

Snipers already had it pretty bad if they got captured.

There is a difference between just shooting at enemy soldiers and hunting down a specific guy who is unaware and unable to defend himself.

>There is a difference between just shooting at enemy soldiers and hunting down a specific guy who is unaware and unable to defend himself.

>soldiers were unaware of the presence of snipers

Gunna have to stop you there bud, as soon as snipers became a thing they were assumed to be everywhere.

A pretty arbitrary difference

So should ambushes also be war crimes?

Should it be a rule to declare yourself before opening fire? Maybe shake hands first?

I guess artillery crew are all criminals too.

War criminal is just a propaganda term used by the victors to placate a conquered people.

Churchill literally ordered that mustard gas be used if Germans invaded Britian. It was an active military order for the then likely invasion.

He is not a war criminal.

There is also the fact that soldiers are supposed to wear uniforms to show what side they're on. If you are hiding under a bush or in a tree, how is anybody supposed to see your uniform to know what side you're on?

>If you are hiding under a bush or in a tree, how is anybody supposed to see your uniform to know what side you're on?

Did you think about that before you post it?

Taking cover confirmed for war crime.

But infantry soldiers do that all the fucking time.
What the hell do you think camo is for?

Ikr also if you're hiding in a tank, a bunker, a plane or hiding behind the lines or laying down on a bank of earth or if you're in a trench, crouching behind cover or anything
tl;dr pretty much everybody is a war criminal including the home front and personally I think they should have all been put to death after the war

>war crimes
Literally a meme.

>Snipers already had it pretty bad if they got captured
Most of them were shot on the spot out of principle. Rarely were they taken as prisoner.

That's what I'd meant to suggest, though saying "if they got captured" is probably misleading. I should have said 'If they tried to surrender.'

Wasn't calling you out fampai, was just dovetailing on that thought

Post more snipers.

Camo still shows what side you're on. That's why every country has their own camo pattern.

That doesn't mean it's not literally designed to conceal you, otherwise why would you bother?

We need to bring back pic related.

Dat stance though.

The laws of war are meant to protect noncombatants and prisoners of war, not to rule out tactics you feel to be unfair.

Paper mache heads used to lure out snipers.

Snipers directly place non-combatants in danger before forcing the enemy to fire blindly to try and kill the sniper.

Except for the mutiple nations operating with a variant of Multicam, or other commercial camos.

Lmao

this is called "grasping for straws".

If the sniper is sniping from an area where noncombatants are present, then that could be considered a war crime, but most snipers don't do that.

It's really telling about German logistics that this was the disguise they came up with.

This one is British.

It's actually incredibly brave, those fake horses are in between the trenches of say your side and the enemy, in "no man's land".

Not snipers but Fox holes also get my dick hard.

All these war crimes, Veeky Forums you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I know.
Shamefur dispray.

>wear uniforms to show what side they are on
Nigga, are you thinking of parade uniforms?

It's the only thing in modern warfare which has any type of raw skill required to be good at what you do.

The onset of technology and better sniper rifles and ammunition means this is no longer the case, the skill of your marksman during WWI and WWII would have been insane.

Fucking headglitchers