Economically, is Trump more left-wing or right-wing? He proposes trade barriers after all

Economically, is Trump more left-wing or right-wing? He proposes trade barriers after all.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2016/05/09/politics/donald-trump-national-debt-strategy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

err that would make him neoliberal

He's a populist. He even hired a dude to just scan conservative news media for 4 years to see which issues republican voters cared about most.

He's just saying whatever will get him elected. But, regardless, his positions are more center-right than anything.

>proposes trade barriers
>friends with putin
He's a goddamn commie.

Oops sorry thought you wrote "opposes"

Trade barriers are EU/Nu Labour style faggotry that attempt to control competition

Seriously if you want to compete for manufacturing jobs with the rest of the world, try not having a country full of genetic dogshit at the mid to low levels of society

This is just stupid, he rustled more americans than vegetarian burguers.

If anything his opinions are wildly unpopular, except with the "alt-right" and many of his supporters "came out" after he spilled the beans.

....now youre just being stupid.

His opinions are extremely popular amongst his target audience - the republican voterbase.

Thanks for correcting the record fag

definitely right wing

the horseshore theory I think explains his stance on protectionism

looking at it as L/R is the wrong paradigm,His trade policy is merchantile which is nationalist/populist as opposed to free trade which is implemented in favor of multi-nationalist/globalist. You can frame this as fascistic because it is all about autarky, and the thing is other nations are more effective at it and that is where deficits come from.

he is only stating the truth and yes the truth in this case is well... stpid

But has this ever worked anywhere in a long-term period?

I guess no one really knows what they're talking about here...

Trump is keynesian on steroids with his planned business tax cuts and deficit spending.

In order to "bring back jobs" that were outsourced to cut costs, he would have to heavily subsidize those noncompetitive sectors. This would no doubt increase GDP considering the fact the overall economy is still very weak because companies are more interested in downsizing and buying back shares rather than expanding and hiring more workers.

Believe it or not, Trump's economy policy is far better than Clinton's.

Sadly he won't win.

He's more of a supply-sider since his whole platform is based around the notion cutting taxes will result in real growth and that money won't just flow back into stock buy-backs or inflating real-estate (as if that's not what he really wants). His policies would benefit American business owners by cutting off their foreign competition and allowing them to rise prices, which ain't going to benefit the average citizen.

Trump is not a "Keynesian", what he is offering is some weird form of protectionist supply-side economics. What deficit spending has he seriously proposed besides the wall? Giving money to private "noncompetitive sectors" sounds like a really bad idea, and a lot of those private interests money will be handed over to will surly be close business pals of his.

He offers a populist mix of what sounds good, it doesn't fit any particular economic school of thought.

His tariff proposals are far-left, his tax cuts are classic right-wing proposals. Both are retarded.

it's not too far-fetched to call trump a fan of keynes
cnn.com/2016/05/09/politics/donald-trump-national-debt-strategy/

although i somehow doubt he knows who keynes is

He's right wing when it comes to business in America. But becomes left wing it comes to any money that crosses the borders, it's a "America stick together" mentality.

Which really is exactly what this country should do.

The answer is who fucking cares? He said enough shit to be placed in both sides. Trump is a bored aristocrat. Hell he is bored he ran for the presidency and he almost won.

Forget economics. he has one very specific metric he wants to achieve: explosion in demand for new housing and property development.

That's it.

I assume that he'll try and lean on the Fed to keep cash rates low. He'll encourage instability in the stock market so investors put their money into "bricks and mortar". He'll try and negotiate with congress for more deregulation, maybe making deals with individual state legislatures... Other may know better ways a President can accomplish this.

but all he wants is more demand for new houses, commercial, and industrial properties.

How the fuck have you not worked that out guys?

OCCUMS RAZOR!

The TPP is all for "free trade", if by free trade you mean yet more special rules for big companies. It stifles competition, and thus growth, for everyone else.

The funny thing is that most of the big commercial producers of electronic goods are so shitty and untrusted that the only good growth they get now is from india.

The state of US politics is super weird. 30 years ago Dems were a blue-collar party and Reps advocated free trade, constitutional rights, college education and pro-war.
Now Reps are a blue-collar pandering party for protectionism, against freedom of the press and scared of Clinton starting a war while the Dems put a huge focus on college-educated voters and are secretly pro free trade.

The whole goddamn thing got turned upside down and everyone is keeping a straight face.

>he has one very specific metric he wants to achieve: explosion in demand for new housing and property development.

Oh god, so much this! It's almost painfully obvious. Donald Trump has always and will always be serving the interests of one person and one person ony: Donald Trump. He's literally an egomaniac who doesn't care about other people and thinks the world revolves around him.

Of fucking course once in office he'll do anything and everything so that him and his cronies will profit massively. Who do you think would win the contract to build the infamous "wall"? You have one guess...

Tomorrow you may decide between blue-tinted self-serving corruption and red-tinted self-serving corruption. Good luck, America, your vote counts!

>secretly pro free trade
i think blatantly

Very well then. Even crazier.

I thought I had read somewhere that during campaigning Clinton all of a sudden flipped and started opposing TPP. Then again, I'm a foreigner, so I definitely don't keep close tabs. I'll take your word for it.