Tfw most people are ignorant of the value and purpose of high end gemstones

>tfw most people are ignorant of the value and purpose of high end gemstones

Let me give you the rundown. From least to most valuable:

Commercial tier
>White diamonds and artificially created diamonds of any color. They can tell that you cooked the latter in a lab and the former only hold their valuation due to market manipulation.
>Semi-precious stones: they're cheap and the market is flooded with them, but their valuation is real.

Private exchange tier
>Lesser Precious stones: not as commonly traded as those below but non-inflated valuation
>Yellow Diamonds = Sapphires
>Blue Diamonds = Emeralds
>Pink Diamonds = Rubies

Rumored to exist but nobody admits to seeing one in person tier
>Green Diamond
>Red Diamond

These, along with precious metals and political power, are what the wealthy actually hoard. Why am I telling you this? You'll probably never be able to afford them or have any actual use for them, but I just think that you should know.

SAGE
A
G
E

POOR QUALITY BATE

fuck off with your shiny rocks, schomo.

you forgot 'chocolate' diamonds, schlomo. whatchu aint want no chocolate in yo vanilla racis' cracka?

I have seen a red diamond at a tradeshow. It wasn't for sale but i imagine it would be worth a few million

rainbow meth salesman had me at hello

It was probably cooked in a lab. Most of the reds and greens I've heard of turned out to have been lab created and thus nearly worthless.

Sort them by most valuable op

Red Diamond
Green Diamond
Pink Diamond = Ruby
Blue Diamond = Emeral
Yellow Diamond = Sapphire
Lesser Precious Stone
Semi-Precious Stone
White Diamond = Artificial Diamond of any color

Are you implying that rubies are pink diamonds?

>tfw lab-grown diamonds are higher quality than mined
Can't wait til the whole scheme collapses

>tfw computer mined currency is higher quality than paper

Can't wait till the whole scheme collapses

this guy gets it

>tfw joining a Commune for food and housing privileges is higher quality than working a job for Capitalists

Can't wait til the whole scheme collapses

this nigga gets it

What is the difference between a lab created diamond and a "real" diamond, for both cosmetic and industrial applications?

Mined ones have imperfections.

That's literally it.

Manufactured ones don't have imperfection therefore they should be more highly valued but they aren't because faggots like the ones in this thread
>this guy gets it hurr
Pls break bottles up your asshole to troll your next lover

I get it too, doesn't mean it's not stupid.

btc to the moon

iwonderwhoisbehindthispost.jpg

So other than being a superficial vapid whore, why would anyone ever buy a real diamond over an artificial one as an engagement ring or jewelry

I never buy diamonds. I stick to mostly saphires, rubies, pearls and gold. My gf is a fan of garnets too. Why overpay for some clear stone when you can have an actually rare, beautiful one?

>other than being a superficial vapid whore

this guy gets it

because they are their wife's bitch

It's deeply ingrained in our society. You won't admit it, but if the roles were reversed, you'd feel bad that your significant other cheaped out on something that's meant to be a token of love.

I wouldn't expect virgins that would probably take their dates to McDonalds for the dollar menu to understand.

>your significant other cheaped out on something that's meant to be a token of love.

Is a 5k artificial diamond better or worse than a 3k natural diamond? What about a 20k artificial diamond?

Did you still "cheap out" if you bought a 10k authentic diamond ring instead of 20k, 30k, 50k, 100k+ authentic diamond ring? It is a token of your love after all.

At what point are is it no longer considered cheaping out?

I don't think he is considering that emerald is a green gemstone, not a blue diamond.

Hmm, yeah, I guess youre right. Wonder what the fuck he means then.

"Chocolate" diamonds have to be the best marketing gimmick in the world.

"HERE! IMMA TAKE INDUSTRIAL DIAMONDS AN MAKE 'EM INTO JEWERY! IMMA MAKE MILLION!S" and does.

>Pink Diamond = Ruby
>Blue Diamond = Emeral
No. Quality pink and blue diamonds are worth much more than colored gemstones, although I suppose a VVS/VS emerald with a good liquor would be as/more valuable than a light/dark grade fancy blue diamond. The pink diamond=ruby is just nonsense. Even a brownish-pink is usually worth far more than an unheated ruby of superior quality. Go ahead and look of the prices of argyle mined diamonds like the one in your OP.

Think of the value of a lab-created stone vs. a quality mined stone like the difference between a polaroid versus an oil painting by a grand-master. "Imperfection" can sometimes equate to unmatchable complexity.

actually, guinness book of world records has confirmed the existance of red diamonds ('rarest diamond' category)

>something that's meant to be a token of love

YFW he fell for the De Beers marketing campaign.

Where do you even sell these things?