/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 17th:
1405 – Sharif ul-Hāshim establishes the Sultanate of Sulu.
1511 – Henry VIII of England concluded the Treaty of Westminster, a pledge of mutual aid against the French, with Ferdinand II of Aragon.
1810 – Sweden declares war on its ally the United Kingdom to begin the Anglo-Swedish War, although no fighting ever takes place.
1869 – In Egypt, the Suez Canal, linking the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea, is inaugurated.
1903 – The Russian Social Democratic Labour Party splits into two groups: The Bolsheviks (Russian for "majority") and Mensheviks (Russian for "minority").

>News
EU4 DD 08/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-8th-of-november-2016.980828/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0kJjhgpTZ24
youtube.com/watch?v=K_OGiBB2w9c
youtube.com/watch?v=7SiDvmHjAeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

fuck you for ruining /gsg/

Based

so im playing victoria 2 with HPM mod
what happens if I ask swiss to extradite Louis Napoleon? Do I just execute him?

Govr me a nation and a goal in M&T.

Anyone have a link for the new beta? They unfucked forts.

Anyone have a link to the Cossacks DLC? Its not included in the (((archived))) one.

I couldnt give a shit about the horde mechanics, but i like the diplomatic overhaul which promotes long lasting alliances.

Search for archivebro's trip.

Nothing I think

Yes it is included.
You sure your crack isn't outdated?

Why would they execute him?

I want to restore zoroastrianism in CK2, which part of Iran and which culture do I start? Playing with HIP

Not him but whats his trip?

There's the Karen guy in a start that is zoro.
Can't remember the date but it should be the same as vanilla.

Golden Horde.
Muslim Russia.

Jesus christ newfag.
Next time look into the archive.

Old gods, dihistan/karen

beautiful

It's always nice to see some DH posted now that HoI4 flopped hard.

HoI4 is pretty good tho

t. johan

whats the difference between Distant Worlds and Stellaris and why is one allowed but not the other?

Distant Worlds is actually good.

>whats the difference between fine wine and dog piss and why is one allowed but not the other?

DW is GS, Stellaris isn't. That's the difference.
If you played both you wouldn't need to ask.

But DW is more expensive and has worse reviews

>more expensive
Matrix/Slitherine makes niche games so they charge more.
I'd rather have an expensive product than a shit one.

>worse reviews
Because it's too hard for people while Stellaris is so fucking simple anyone can play it, which also makes it pretty boring.

Just play both.

>makes the thread earlier
>make troll thread, changing the AFPG and Expensive Warfare mods to your steamgroup troll shit
>gets BTFO because someone else sees it and makes a proper thread
>starts crying
classic

So what will be paradox next game?

how detailed do the games in the OP compare to Civ V

its the only rts i know how to play and have played

CIV5 isn't a RTS.

>a RTS
an

Victoria 3

EU5, then CK3, then HOI5, then EU6

They try to simulate shit while civ plays like a board.

Will it be good?

Rome 2 or a fantasy gsg

Probably.

Boardgame

Other than graphics what would Victoria 3 improve that 2 doesn't already have with mods?

yeah i didnt mean rts, its turn based, im being retarded rn

so shit is historically accurate? sounds kinda fun actually

Better economy/diplomacy/warfare and espionage.

I'll take that fantasy gsg. I want to see Paradox tell a story. Also, with fantasy races maybe they won't be so scared of genocide.

Not always historically accurate and especially not without mods, but it tries.

What's the name of the mod? Got a link?

That looks like a conversion game, it isn't a mod proper.

does anyone have the map that a /gsg/er made to show all the land France should have by the end of a V2 run?

Yes.

This one?

>I want to see paradox tell a story

Blegh. Please no. A fantasy GS would be interesting but only if it appropriated the lore of some existing thing, with well established traditions etc.

yes ty

Is there a Germany version that is just the right amount of Gross?

>no greater syria
>new zealand arbitrarily
>egypt not annexed
>patagonian puppet for some reason

I think he gave some justification when he was making these. They're all pretty retarded but fun for meme v2 campaigns

i like his italy one except for the random southeast asia

That's a little too gross for me and doesn't really make sense.

Why would Germany annex Riga and Sankt Petersburg but not the rest of Livonia?

UK one anywhere?

i dont think he made one but I saved this turkey one

they were gross historically so no need for one, but there's Scotland

The Persians are out of control.

Unrelated, I feel as though I should rename my empire. Jorvik was good when I was just in control of Great Britain, but now it seems as if it doesn't fit now that I control a sizable portion of the mainland. I just don't know what to change it to.

>no korea

Why is there two different shades of yellow in England? If one is direct ownership and another is puppet..?

I believe that's what it's intended to show. Darkest shade is the main country, and lighter shades are puppets. lighter shades bordering each other that differ in color are different puppets.

how does one go about doing this?
I'd annex Azerbaijan though

Oh I get it. So puppet GroßWalesiums and puppet KleinEnglandiums

We need more of these

I think this is the last of them

Blob then trim

>The disputed succession of MC Ryde has caused a Pretender to raise an army and march for the capital!

KETTLE DRUM ROLL HARD SHIT
FUCK I SAID FUCKER DON'T START SHIT

So in ck2, sometimes the trade routes have split paths, and some of them are listed as blocked due to war, even when those counties and their respective owners are at peace.

Is that a bug or is something else going on?

I CUM IN THE FUCK
*20 cymbals played at once*

Its a bug. They updated how trade routes are done in the patch after Reaper's Due.

Post religious map
And cultural if there's anything interesting with it

Is this something I could fix through modding or am I out of luck until a new patch?

its super easy to fix. I only knew because a small mod I made for vanilla stopped working with the patch, and it took like 15 minutes of trial and error to get it working again.

I don't really remember what you have to do, but its something about where a piece of a trade route ends has to match up with where another one starts.

Here is religion

and here is cultural

Fuck, I'm scared for my life.

I've had a good Ethiopia game so far, even managing to take on the Mamluks while they were at peace (although after taking a beating from the Turks).

However I don't think I'm ready to keep advancing North. The Ottomans look really strong. What the fuck do I do.

Fuck me I'm trying this.

Wish me luck cunts

The crisis in Egypt has been brewing for some time now. The United Kingdom, finally fed up of political bickering, is preparing to invade Egypt to restore British control over the canal. The United States, supporting their lapdog, is maneuvering to provide military support.

SS-Staat Germania must decide on it's course of action.
Reichsführer-SS Himmler decides to:

>Send an ultimatum to the USA, support Egypt
or
>Condemn the British but give Egypt only economical support
or
>Just an official note of condamn [sic]

Alright thanks, I'll mess around with the paths and the province numbers hopefully I can figure this out.

Forgot pic.

This is the coolest fucking thing

>persians reclaiming old indo-european central asian land from turkics
>islam btfo
>really cool clash of civilizations, europe split into north and south, south is the true heir to rome and includes the egyptians etc

It's almost like this is how the world was supposed to go

Himmler must look strong in his first foreign policy test.

ULTIMATUM

I want my handsomer son to be my heir, he also has reasonably high stats and is good at fighting unlike his brother who has the ugly trait (and his model is ugly too despite they are twins) but has traits like gregarious and kind. I'm still under gavelkind and I had my vassals votes in my favour before but not now. Can I get the votes back by making them have a better opinion of me? Can I do it by favours? Can I just support the son they're supporting and they'll switch to my preferred son as heir? Halp, I'm dying

Washington has refused our ultimatum.
Unfortunately much of the Pact of Steel dissolved in the aftermath of Hitler's death, with Italy and Spain backing out. The only allies we still possess are our weak puppet states in the east and Nationalist China, still wounded from the civil war. Much of our military was dissolved in the period from '45 to '48, leaving only garrison troops still mobilized. While an Allied invasion can be prevented in the west, we cannot possibly muster enough troops in time to repel a Soviet attack.

Himmler decides to
>It is World War III then. [WW3 begins over Suez]
or
>After all, better not. For now. [WW3 averted]

Which idea groups should I be taking as Russia, specifically early game?

kill them all Heiny

Fuck, you're supposed to be the #1 most glorious world power pax germania this is pathetic

Go to war and show them who's boss once and for all

Time for the second holocaust

I looked how the warhammer mod did pathing and copied that method. Worked perfectly. Thanks a lot user.

there's a few issues

>"European" Russia includes all of Siberia
>the far east is labeled as Siberia
>the Pacific coast is labeled as separate from the rest of the far east as if there's anything there to justify that
>every single other part of the map

youtube.com/watch?v=0kJjhgpTZ24

So.. will these guys ever assimilate to Scottish? I got an event that was supposed to increase assimilation by 40% but nothings changed.

youtube.com/watch?v=K_OGiBB2w9c

No, you can't assimilate to a culture that doesn't exist in game.
Fucking HPM has "fixed" this 3 times and still doesn't understand the fucking fundamental problem that he needs to put Scottish pops there day 1 if he wants any to exist, ever.

Well that's disappointing. I guess Scotland will not be groß then

The first move in the Third World War was the SS Diplomatic Offensive. Berlin, recognizing it's vulnerable position, sought to expand the Pact of Steel and began to contact old allies. General Mobilization was instantaneous, and nuclear authorization has already been given. Egypt is not expected to hold off the British attack, instead Berlin plans to use it to buy time to activate the secondary reserves.

youtube.com/watch?v=7SiDvmHjAeg