/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes and Gwent General - (/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/, /gwt/)

Ciri's True Love Edition

Gwent Closed Beta is open!
Spare a moment for those of us without an invite!
playgwent.com

Gwent patch notes:
wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Patch-EN.pdf

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OqNet72FPF8
>Gameplay demo (E3)
youtube.com/watch?v=zabgNv6f2ZY
>Gameplay Demo (Gamescom)
youtube.com/watch?v=avlMgLy4H_w

GOTY Edition is out!
>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=qy8jmm9kY4A

Patch 1.30 is out!
>Changelog
wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.30-ENG.pdf

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/
>Experimental first-person perspective mod for TW3
www.skacik.pl/test.zip

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Debug Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Gwent Standalone cards
imgur.com/a/nJ3Df
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl
>Discord server
discord.gg/uHuWr

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous meme/waifu thread

Pure

What's your opinion for the future of the Witcher franchise?

Mainline Witcher 4 with Ciri protagonist?
Spin-offs with Lambert/Eskel?
Complete sandbox game with a custom character protagonist a la TES?
Is it dead for good?

Imho my dream would be a complete remaster of the entire franchise, putting the three games together to form one big narrative where choices between the games actually matter with improvements to the overall plot etc. Never gonna happen though.

Geralt and Triss OTP.

Reminder that no one and I mean NO ONE is a coalburner in the Witcher.
NO ONE

Yeah it's my big dream aswell..
Imagine having The Witcher 1 & 2 ideas with quests like TW3, having choices from the first game that matter two games latter..

>Mainline Witcher 4 with Ciri protagonist?
I hope.

But realistically, I think they'll cash in with a create a witcher game that will be indifferentiable from Skyrim.

Who the fuck you talking to you fucking cunt.

and cuddly.
bump for sluts

NO ONE IN THE WITCHER UNIVERSE IS A COALBURNER
NO ONE
STOP
STOOOOOOOOOP

Really?
Not even Keira?
Not even Shani?
Annarietta?

C'mon, dude...

11th for Gaunter

Keira is a trans anyway. And he already took a big brown thing up his ass, amirite?

Damn she has huge tits

Specially for someone that reproduces by eggs

Those are really egg-repositories. It's like touching a bag of large marbles.

>craft Isengrim as my first legendary after getting Ele'yas in a keg
>in the first mach I win without even getting to use him
Disappointing desu, special spam is pretty strong.

Okay, this is pretty fun to finish with, even if I'm not really good at it yet and I'm lacking Aglaïs.

If I fight the giant with Hunvick, will I be able to wake Cerys the queen afterwards?

Yeah you can do both quests.

I've been playing something similar, shits great fun. Though the hawker nerf hurts alot

It does, but to be fair the way it was working before wasn't logical. Before I got Isengrim and Eleyas I had a deck based more on defenders together with hawkers and AR to retain most of my strength, and it was hard to shut down because of invulnerable hawkers.

Things I hate about Witcher reddit community and why I'll never go there again(not that this place is better):

>waifufags - ALL of them, for obvious reasons, if I see another my waifu is better than yours post I'm going to strangle someone. Guess what you fagots, they are not real. Triss is not real, Yennefer is not real, Geralt is not real, but you are(unfortunately). Actual real women are 100% better, so instead of getting butthurt over your pretend girlfriend go outside for a change, that basement mold becomes toxic when you are inhaling it 24/7.

>people asking what should they do and pick - grow a fucking spine and make your own damn choices you dumb cunts, that's the point of the game, if you want other people to decide for you just watch a damn let's play.

>CDPR shills - Yes, Witcher 3 is a fantastic game but it has flaws. Critique can be beneficial and not all critique is done with the intention of shitting on the game, rather opposite it can make future games better, so stop getting butthurt when someone makes a legitimate critique and take that Polish dick out of your mouth for a second.

>look at my shitty screenshot people - 99% of the screenshots posted are utter and complete shit you disgusting retards. Pressing a button doesn't make you Ansel Adams.

>make Ciri the protagonist of the next game people - Ciri is a boring Mary Sue, she already did her "magic" and saved the universe, fuck her and all that she stands for.

>can I run it people - what amazes me the most is that usually morons with high end systems ask this, yes if you spend 400$+ on your damn GPU, you can run the game and if you only ask to show off your rig, newsflash, no one gives a fuck and it makes you sound like an idiot spending money on things you have no idea about anyway. Not to mention a simple Google search would answer your question in seconds you imbeciles.

Keira is best girl

ok

This is literally /wtc/

How does going with Iorveth affect Witcher 3? I've heard there's no real mention of it, aside from Iorveth being rumored to be dead. Does Roche act differently when you meet him in 3, at least?

It doesn't affect anything, Roche is still your best buddy. Save import was complete shit and CDPR used it as a dumb gimmick to fool the people who played their previous games into believing they give a fuck about transferring choices.

That kinda sucks, because Iorveth's path just seems more interesting so far.

I guess that means Roche's path is canon? The way they do things is a little strange, considering the tie-in comic they released showing the fate of Saskia.

Witcher 3 has nothing to do wiith TW2 or 1.

Can I get any feels for this guys?

Fuck Radovid

No, no path is "canon", nothing confirms that, Roche was being friendly even if you chose Iorveth in TW2, so him being ok with Geralt in TW3 even after ditching him is nothing unusual. The events of TW2 are simply ignored and swept under the rug so it makes no difference which path you took. I also find the Iorveth's path more enjoyable, so go ahead and do that, both paths work with TW3, not because they made either one canon, but because they ignored them both.

Radovid sucks flaccid cock

>there wasn't even a single scene with him
FOK OF

Iorveth!

I'm going to marry Triss!

Back off! Trissfu belongs to Geralt :3

I just dropped D-bomb on madman lugos for the first time. I felt like I was kicking a cripple.

That's just mean. A proper d-bomb target is delicious though, especially if you're wiping out 100+ points.

My heart is always in my throat whenever I'm buffing anything, getting more and more worried the higher he lets me get. Cmon, scroch me, you fuck, play it, PLAY IT

oh, guess he didn't have it. I win, gg.

Part of why I prefer weather decks, instead of having to make my number go up, I make his bottom out

>Not even in the game
Hurts even more

>1414

>My heart is always in my throat whenever I'm buffing anything, getting more and more worried the higher he lets me get.
Surprisingly, most of my games have been like this since the patch, a dick measure contest.

No strategy, no shit, just throwing units and buffing, buffing, buffing waiting to see who gets the highest score.
Pretty shitty desu

brainfdead tactics to successfully buff and promote roach\olgierd\botchling.
versus
braindead tactics to spam weather.
every single fucking match.
SEEMS WELL BALANCED NOW.

Just wait until you meet a removal deck, I've faced some that were pretty brutal. I don't go for that myself, but I always bring my scorch and d-bomb.

Ciri! :3

im a happy camper

i play mememonsters :^3

well this is just silly

Is King Bran worth it as the Hero for a discard deck? Ive crafted him and used him, but the straight card disadvantage that his ability gives is a little underwhelming, even if you can find the card that u want.

The counterarguement is that the discarded cards arent lost, and fuel the pirate guy, as well as give you an option for Queensmaidens.
The problem with this is i find that i already have means of discarding those, so i sometimes end up discarding cards that are ok, ie an extra healer + ciri or a left over discard card, and i sometimes feel like the 3 for 1 hurts a bit.

Pic is my deck, i have near 3k scrap so any ideas of cards to add is appreciated. I have Svanridge and Birna but unsure if i have room for them (particularly Birna who i find a bit tricky to use)

Trissfu, please forgive me...

Just bought $20 worth of kegs, got 1 legendary, last wish, an epic, and 500 scrap

feels like it wasn't wurf

No, you gimp yourself hard using his ability negating card advantage. Skellige can draw their entire deck easily enough. Crach has no synergy but he's not harmful and decently useful throwaway 10-14, strength, potentially 16 with a bomb or other reset even if an craite warriors aren't the best revive targets generally. I crafted bran with my henselt refund monies and I regret it.

I feel like hed be good if it was discard one card, draw one card, or even make it a draw one out of three cards or something if the pick a card is deemed too powerful.

The problem is that card advantage is so important and with a Leader ability being equivalent of a card, a three for one is just not good enough.

so none ggs in this fucking game ?

what a bunch of faggots

don't be a faggot, faggot, and you'll get GGs. What are you playing? is it meme related?

i play memes alright, no reaon not to give each other +5

not my problem all gold cards i got were monster weather cards

What do I need to know about this gwent game

Did the Reavers really rape Yen? im FURIOUS

>Lambert and Eskel buddy cop adventures

Fund it.

>when your opponent doesnt gg

>opponent doesn't pass when he's won last round and keeps playing cards

>shave beard
>still have beard
Anyone else have this issue? I uninstalled both beard mods I had running and still have the issue

Think of it as pseudo balance for memesters :^)

I CAN MAKE CIRI REAL! WATCH ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>use frost
>guy has dimeritium bomb
>I have a 2nd frost
>guy forfeits

these all in on round 2 with squirrel cheese games are such fun, such stupid failure prone fun that it's hilarious this deck has a positive winrate somehow.

I need to drop the neophyte stuff from it though, just no real synergy. All I need is as many chances to fish for adrenaline rush and potions as possible.

Would someone explain to me what STLM does exactly?

I hear it praised over and over but the mod page description says fuck all. The pictures and video seem to assume you know something that explains whatever is different. I haven't played in at least a year and I have no idea why I might want this mod.

Been opening a couple of kegs every day since the beta began and never got a legendary... until today when this pack contained 2 of them :)

Revalidated, and it's still stuck on semi-beard only. Just fuck my shit up

That keg is fucking based. Best thing I've got from one is an Imlerith... not complaining though.

I had phillipa pop up as my last pick earlier today, shame how badly the patch hit her, I passed her up when the other day she woulda been grabbed no questions asked

I'm not complaining, she was broken as all fuck before

>remove 1 strength every 2 turns
how the F U C K is this fair?!!?!?!

fuck off northern retard

RADOVID AND MERIGOLD BTFO

>rape
>implying she didnt willingly suck all their cocks and take it right in the pussy

did you try using the console to change your beard?

Why are trissautists so fucking obnoxious and retarded? Not only speaking of /wtc/ regulars here but also in general. Whenever discussions about lore pop up it's always the trissfags who spout ignorant garbage with full confidence. And I know they're trissautists because they never fail to mention their waifu affiliation at some point (which is just further proof of their mental illness).

In the games Triss is basically pure waifubait and not really accurate to the books. So people who only played the games don't learn about the horrible shit she pulled in the books.

what horrible shit did she pull in the books?

Trissfu betrayed Ciri, Yen and Geralt by taking the Lodges side, but she more than made up for it starting with the last book and continuing into the games. Trissfu's flaws and mistakes make her even more appealing and interesting though, she shows significant character growth and makes me proud :3

Yes, most of them are definitely those who just played the games (or only W3). But there's also a bunch who have read the books but twist the events to fit their waifu narrative and fiercely argue about it while refusing to even consider any other perspective. That's what I don't get, I haven't seen this level of delusional behavior from any other part of the fan base, what is it about the bland craterface waifu that prompts such stupidly misplaced passion.

>In the games Triss is basically pure waifubait and not really accurate to the books
I'd say that her W2 persona was rather close to her book self though. I especially liked how you could call her out on her shit at the end, her reaction when she realized the jig was up was priceless. But yeah, in W3 she was reduced to a shell of a character who was likely supposed to be written out after Novigrad, they should have just done that.

>Date-raped Geralt using magic behind her friend's back
>Kept coming on to Geralt despite repeated statements that he wasn't interested
>Leaked information about Ciri to Philippa Eilhart, betraying the Witchers' trust
>Took part in the Thanedd coup without warning her alleged friend Yennefer or alleged love Geralt about the danger they were in
>Joined the Lodge of Sorceresses, an oligarchical secret cabal dedicated to usurping power for its own ends
>Helped frame Yennefer for treason to drive a wedge between her, Geralt, and Ciri, and ensure she'd receive no help
>Stood idly by while Geralt was nearly assassinated, choosing to do nothing because Philippa told her to
>Helped abduct Ciri for the purpose of making her Tancred Thyssen's concubine
>Went with Yennefer and Ciri to Rivia to make sure they didn't escape while visiting Geralt one last time
>Ran as soon as the pogrom started, refusing to help Yennefer, Geralt, and Ciri. Only returned when much damage was already done, after Yennefer made sure she felt ashamed.

I appreciate Triss' flaws. Her insecurity, misplaced idealism and unfortunate obsession with Geralt make her a believable character and make me feel sympathetic for her. I felt sorry for her after reading the books, seeing how desperate she was for Geralt. Her internal monologues at KM, desperate attempts to kiss him while he helps her recover, the way Yen scolds her at Thanedd, her jealousy while Fringilla tells the Lodge about her relationship with Geralt all made me feel bad for her. I like finally giving her a chance in the games.

And it's not like she didn't do some good for Geralt in the books, she tried her best to help Ciri in BoE (and in some ways she did) and even proposed him to seek Yen's help when she realized a more powerful sorceress is needed. Without her dragging Geralt half dead and begging Tissaia to teleport him, he would have died on Thanedd. She grows as a person and in the end overcomes her fears and helps Yen in Rivia. Condwiramurs even refers to her as venerable Triss and praises her courage, showing she has changed from that moment on, imo it was defining for her character.

I do think she genuinely cares for Geralt and that she is a good, although flawed person regardless of the morally questionable things she did, in both the books and games. Her actions are often wrong, but I never found her motivations to be malicious or evil, she is just misguided by her ideals or selfish desire for Geralt’s love in the case of his amnesia abuse.

I like her character arc in the games, where she slowly abandons the Lodge, takes Geralt’s side and tries to find her place in the world, guided by her own ideals rather than blindly following others. I see it as a continued character growth. I quite enjoy the way Geralt interacts with her in TW2 and TW3, the dynamic of their relationship and how they treat each other. I also like her cheerful personality and sense of humor.

No one gives a shit about your reddit pastas, spammer.

No matter how much people try to present Geralt as Triss' rape victim, he never acts as one and I'll never see him as such.

In the Blood of Elves it is only mentioned she seduced him with the help of a little magic, here is the exact quote: “she had seduced the witcher - with the help of a little magic. She had hit on a propitious moment, a moment when he and Yennefer had scratched at each other's eyes yet again and had abruptly parted. Geralt had needed warmth, and had wanted to forget.”

While this is certainly open to interpretation, based on Geralt’s behavior toward Triss I think it is safe to assume he doesn’t feel like he’s been in any way violated by her. First he invited her to Kaer Morhen to help him deal with Ciri, later when she gets sick, he diligently cares for her until she recovers. As he rejects her desperate passes, it is obvious he only sees her as a friend, but one he genuinely cares about.

Another quote from BoE:
'And you, Triss?'
'What about me?' She swallowed with difficulty. 'I'm not important. I let you down. I let you down ... in everything. I was . . . I was your mistake. Nothing more.'
'Mistakes,' he said with effort, 'are also important to me. I don't cross them out of my life, or memory. And I never blame others for them. You are important to me, Triss, and always will be. You never let me down. Never. Believe me.'

He takes responsibility for what has happened and doesn’t blame Triss or feel like she took advantage of him. If Triss maliciously used magic on him, he would surely look at her differently, but to me it is clear he sees her as a close friend and not someone who "raped" him.

Why haven't you killed yourself? Honest question. I haven't visited this place for months yet you are still here, ready to immediately start spamming the same old shit you spammed a year ago. What a pathetic existence.

My duty is to defend Trissfu and I'll do it as long as I live :3

What is also amazing about Triss is the character growth she shows throughout the series, more so than any other character. She goes from a weak, insecure person acting under Philippa to a confident leader of the oppressed mages in TW3. Her growth is implied at the end of the books and I love seeing it realized in the games(or at least the beginning of it).

Triss is flawed, she's human, the motivations that guide her are sometimes selfish, sometimes noble. There are layers to her personality. It is not about her being a perfect waifu, it's about her not being one. I used to like Triss, but reading the books made me fall in love with her.

Would rather have it dead for good, because all the other options are cancer.

Nah, her W3 "character development" as you see it is ridiculously unrealistic. She never grows into the leader position, she needs constant validation and help from Geralt, she's still loyal to Philippa, and her mopey attitudes inspires no confidence. There's absolutely no doubt that she'll quickly become Philippa's puppet in Kovir without even realizing it herself, which is a fitting end for her.

All the dumbass Witcher community are like this though, even irl, and I happen to have the luck to have a lot of friends who are familiar with the Witcher games and even read some of the books as well.

I find it hilarious that the more interesting and fun path which actually gives a lot of light on the story of Witcher 2 as a whole compared to the Roche path is the path that Geralt would be a complete dumbfuck to take.

>branded as a kingslayer
>got to clear muh name
>Triss is taken by Witcher Bane
>Welp, time to join the scoia'tael, the people I always did not like!

Well, I disagree. What I like about TW3 Triss is that she finally starts acting by her own ideals instead of blindly following others and the true, selfless nature of her ideals starts to shine. No other sorceress would risk their life to stay in Novigrad and help the oppressed mages and they respect her for it. Her motivation speech clearly resonated with them.

Triss is done with the Lodge, as can be heard in the Philippa's crystal conversation. Phil doesn't even account for Triss when making plans to reunite the Lodge. As far as Triss acting sympathetic toward Phil, that's nothing unusual about it, Triss has always been pro sorceress and just because she is done with the Lodge doesn't mean she wants to see Radovid torture and kill her former associates.

When Triss asks for advice, I don't see it as a sign of weakness, quite the opposite, she is not afraid admitting she needs help. Triss has never been a leader material and her trying to rise up to the role is admirable.

Initially Roche pressures Geralt into aiding him anyway and when the time to make the decision comes, Iorveth has a plan and the means to get closer to the kingslayer while Roche wants to stay put for his own reasons. Not to mention, they would have caught Letho right then and there in Flotsam had Roche not acted like a hotheaded fool and completely fucked up the plan. Both options are rather shit from Geralt's perspective so it just depends on whether he wants to go after Letho asap or wants to fuck around in Flotsam to bring le justice on Loredo.

The way I played Geralt in TW2, clearing his name became secondary the moment Triss was abducted. I like taking Iorveth's path since it seems like a more direct route to Triss at the moment, considering he knows Letho went to Vergen and Iorveth plans to go directly there.

Him joining the Scoia'tael cause was merely a means to an end and choosing the lesser evil at the moment. I never imagined Geralt caring much about the fate of the Pontar either way.

Even so, if he goes with Iorveth he basically dooms himself to be labeled as a criminal anyway, it is a dumb move and they should have put more effort into making Geralt actually going with the squirrels make more sense and not make Geralt look like a complete dumbass.

With that said, Geralt would have just went on his own, but got to have those "choices and consequences" I guess.

I played it that way as well, but let's be honest, the only people he would do that shit for is Yennefer and Ciri, considering you are actually roleplaying the BOOK Geralt and not Your Geralt if that makes any sense.

Even so, it is a dumb decision anyway.