Tfw you discover that in 1200 bc Troy was just basically a large village inhabited by roughly 1000 people...

>tfw you discover that in 1200 bc Troy was just basically a large village inhabited by roughly 1000 people, not the mythical giant unconquerable rich city of the legends

>tfw you discover that the Argonauts is just a meme and has no historical basis, since there is no proof the Myceneans ever ventured to the Black sea, let alone Georgia (Colchis)

ajaonline.org/sites/default/files/1084_Kolb.pdf

You mean the ancient Greeks were just a bunch of clannish farmers who attacked each other now and then for shits and giggles??

Do wooden horses poop wooden shits?

They poop greeks so yes.

Troy wasn't a Greek settlement, they were Anatolians, it's unknown what language they spoke since they left no written documents.

Contemporary Greek (Mycenean) bronze age cities were much larger, and they also had a commercial city in Crete (Kommos) where merchants from all sides of the Mediterranean used to come.

kek

I thought Troy was supposed to be fairly large for the time?

>Argonauts

Always seemed to me like Crossover all star fanfiction. I mean why the fuck is Heracles there, he doesn't even do anything.

No, read the article, there were roughly 1000 people there in the late bronze age.

THE SITE DISCOVERED BY HEINRICH SCHLIEMANN IS NOT TROY.

Maybe.

And what is Troy then in your opinion?

Stop posting in like that. Please.

BYZANTIUM/CONSTANTINOPLE/ISTANBUL.

Prove it, there was no city there in the late bronze age.

>The history of the city proper begins around 660 BCE,[44][a]

CURRENT HISTORICAL CHRONOLOGY IS ERRONEOUS.

Are you ok?

This, people need to stop being retarded and fall for wishful thinking
The Trojan War is a fucking fiction

No, he's a shitposter
Stop posting, retarded fuck, as I expected you have 0 arguments to support your outlandish arguments.

Can mods permaban this retard from this board?

For fuck's sake.

>arguments to support arguments
But what if you have no arguments to support the arguments that your arguments rely on? What then?

This please

universally preferable behaviour

>R Y Z H K N D

Somebody call /x/ and tell them one of their fucking loonies is loose.

Fucking retarded caps lock namefag escapes from /x/.

Send backup.

>tfw you discover that the Argonauts is just a meme and has no historical basis
Don't get me wrong but the myth of Argonauts bears clear signs of being what fantasy books are nowadays. It's a tale of adventure people told to each other to their amusement.

Same goes to Troy - the Trojan war was clearly a thing and it was likely succeeded by bronze age collapse(for different reasons than the war itself), on top of it, it clearly was a pan-mycean venture but when it was written down, like 600 BC or so, it was twisted so many times in folk tales that it became literally WW2 but ancient. Maybe some of the tales from sieges back from the collapse period were included into the myth(the Mycenaean fortresses were build more or less right after the war a while later sea people attacked). Of course you can't treat literally work and folklore as a historical source, you can't treat it as complete bullshit as it bears marks of real history. Troy was, after all discovered partially thanks to the guy who believed every letter of Homer's work.

kek

>>tfw you discover that the Argonauts is just a meme and has no historical basis

...you thought the myth Jason and the Argonauts was a true story?

Please

No, but I thought it was based on some voyages that actually happened, Myceneans reaching Georgia (Colchis) in the Age of heroes (Late bronze age)