Slavery

What's Veeky Forums opinion on salvery in old times compared to now?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_slavery#Contemporary
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking#Revenue
youtube.com/watch?v=59K2kF6o9Tk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who would purchase a black woman?

It's pretty good now. Ointment has come a long way since magical witch grandma times.

Slavery is fine

Poor people?

They just don't make salves today like they used to.

EXPLAIN TO ME HOW IS IT THAT SLAVERY IS "FINE" FOR ANYONE INVOLVED WITH IT.

>What's Veeky Forums opinion on salvery in old times compared to now?
It was probably easier to regulate when it was legal.

It's a real pain in the ass to police in current times.

>Official estimates of individuals in sexual slavery worldwide vary. In 2001 the International Organization for Migration estimated 400,000, the Federal Bureau of Investigation estimated 700,000 and UNICEF estimated 1.75 million.[132]

(2001? Damn Wikipedia that's pathetic.)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_slavery#Contemporary

i get large amounts of labor without needing large infrastructure to support it, how is that not fine?

This is the witty stuff Veeky Forums approves of. Good work user.

This is the namefagging caps locking bullshit Veeky Forums does not approve of.

Plz GTFO k thx bye

(you)

>It's a real pain in the ass to police in current times.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking#Revenue

>In 2008, the United Nations estimated nearly 2.5 million people from 127 different countries were being trafficked into 137 countries around the world.[15]

Yes.
Me.

You got beef with that?

Try a salad.

great thread OP

1. YOU ARE DEPRIVING OTHER BEINGS FROM THEIR FREEDOM.

2. THE DEPENDENCE ON MANUAL LABOUR PERPETUATES TECHNOLOGICAL STASIS, PRECLUDING THE DEVELOPMENT OF MORE EFFICIENT, AND BENEVOLENT, METHODS.

3. SLAVERY PRODUCES EPIGENETICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ABOMINATIONS, RESULTING IN GENERATIONS OF SUBHUMAN SLAVISH INDIVIDUALS.

Your clothes are made in a Indian/Chinese sweatshop. Your electronics are made by people who live on a bowl of rice a day. Slavery is alive and well. You wouldn't have your comfortable life if it wasn't for war and slavery.

Anybody who wanted work done.
There are literatures discussing the pro/cons of slaves.
White slaves were concubines or pleasure boys.
While black were for labor.

1. Why do I care about other beings freedom?
2. If I live in an agrarian society that needs slavery why do I give a shit about technological stasis, I'm at the top owning slaves technology would only cause my influence to lower
3. But they are slaves, who cares if they have genetic mutations?

>1. YOU ARE DEPRIVING OTHER BEINGS FROM THEIR FREEDOM.
Implying you're free now.
The government can put you in jail.
And become somebody's bitch.
>2. THE DEPENDENCE ON MANUAL LABOUR PERPETUATES TECHNOLOGICAL STASIS, PRECLUDING THE DEVELOPMENT OF MORE EFFICIENT, AND BENEVOLENT, METHODS.
There are weird things in the middle of the desert called pyramids.
>3. SLAVERY PRODUCES EPIGENETICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ABOMINATIONS, RESULTING IN GENERATIONS OF SUBHUMAN SLAVISH INDIVIDUALS.
This I agree with you.
Because why would someone use trip on an anonymous image board.

>we had no delinquents
They destroyed the property and lives of the people from across the river, but then again those weren't really people in their view. Such is the way of simple men.

>if there are no laws there is no such thing as cheating

and these people are supposed to be considered civilized

YOUR ABYSMAL COMPREHENSION IS BOTH, APALLING, AND DISAPPOINTING, YET, EXPECTED.

id buy the one on the far right no second thoughts

your desire to apply modern liberal ideals on historic societies is more so

Patrician taste

1. SLAVERY IS WHAT IT IS, REGARDLESS OF THE ERA.

2. REPUDIATION OF SLAVERY IS NOT CONTINGENT ON POLITICAL POSITION; THAT FACT THAT YOU IMMEDIATELY ASSOCIATE IT A CERTAIN POLITICAL SECTOR EVINCES YOUR STUNTED PETTY MIND.

doesn't look to different from todays slave markets in Saudi Arabian malls.
Except they are very comfy 22°C and the slaves are dressed properly.

>... [THE] FACT THAT...

>MUH FEELS! -ryzhknd
Not an argument

Fuck it, sauce

If you want to stop robbers from stealing your money, get rid of your money. The same philosophy is found in the bible and the tao Te ching.

its that italian "fake documentary" slave movie.
I do not remember the title but it was the one where some native negros threatened to kill everyone because they thought they were white.
The only reason they didnt slaughter the whole cast & crew was because some african working with them said "they are not white people, they are italian".

Slavery has taken many different forms over the course of human history. To say that it is one dimensional is short sighted and extremely euro/american-centric. The slavery of the middle east, china, and ancient rome were actually pretty well run systems that allowed their empires expand much faster than they would have otherwise.

From how you are arguing I can tell this is personal for you for some reason and as such I really don't think you are in any position to adequately provide commentary or discussion about the subject. Personal bias should be avoided when discussing or studying historical matters.

except robbers don't only steal money... I also have possessions, and the labor my body produces which people could steal from me by enslaving me

I REITERATE: YOUR UTTER LACK OF COMPREHENSION AND IMMEDIATE PURELY UTILITARIAN VIEW OF SLAVERY DOES NOTHING BUT EVINCE YOUR SUBHUMANITY.

>slave markets in Saudi Arabian malls.
Not only in SA but world wide.
The issue is it's not called slavery anymore and you can't fuck them to produce a male heir.

and your continued insults and use of caps only confirms my second point. Also i would prefer you to make an argument rather than just call me names.

>"they are not white people, they are italian"
I can't stop laughing.

>An advanced medieval society is gonna steal your fish and corn produced by a small hunter-gatherer semi agrarian society.
Your product is only valued when it is in large numbers. I doubt a small primitive tribe would fight another small primitive tribe just to get their food when it comes from the same place.

Slaves took a long time to train and cultures like the ancient germanics would have the women and children kill themselves upon defeat so as not to be enslaved.

Stop typing in all caps, you nigger.

>no arguments
>literally just insults
Will capsfaggot ever recover?

THE ARGUMENT HAS CONCLUDED; WHAT REMAINS IS THE AFTERMATH.

i don't understand what you are trying to argue, are you saying that raiding has never happened? raiding happened in most societies especially those without an established form of currency.

Just because slaves are hard to train doesn't mean people wont take them, not every society is as autistic as germans and woman and children are taken as slaves.

Also what era are you arguing about? i'm saying that during any time period whether money exists or not there are things people can rob from you that aren't money making the give up money so you can't be robbed is a bad argument.

wait so you admit defeat and are just hanging around to insult me about it?

Raiding isn't feasible. Even the vikings who were the most notorious raiders of all time did not sustain themselves solely off raiding. They colonized and established their own kingdoms.

If a primitive tribe is going to raid another primitive tribe then they will have to kill (unless the tribe freely gives away their food) and by killing they have destroyed the possibility of future raiding of the tribe. Also, raiding results in losses on both sides, when the vikings raided the primitive tribes of North America and Greenland they suffered losses and were repelled back, and this is the vikings who had metal swords and spears vs a people who had little more than bone clubs and spears.

Stop typing in all caps, you nigger.

>There are weird things in the middle of the desert called pyramids.

And?

They were not built by slaves, you ignorant fuck.

Wow for once I agree with you, this teels a lot about the quality of this slow ass board.

so you are admitting that raiding existed.

i'm not arguing whether it is feasible, profitable, or a way societies ran. I am arguing that should someone try and take my stuff they aren't necessarily going to just walk away when they find out I don't have money which is what the original debate was about.

Slavery is an ecenomic drain as well as an intellectual one. Your autistic desire to treat other people like cattle.

YOU ARE MISUSING THE TERM "AUTISTIC".

Why are you baiting the autist, come on.

they had green slave women back then? dank

What stuff would you even have in a primitive existence? The whole idea that someone is going to rob you when you live a shitty poor life is ridiculous and a result of Western civilization. Do people mug beggars? Or do they mug those walking around in fancy clothes? Without money you would have nothing to rob unless you were a large society who stores up food. A hunter gatherer existence with some agrarianism will not really attract raiding parties, maybe some hungry lone wolf outcasts but not a considerable threat.

I'm not a communist or an anarchoprimitivist. But I do believe that the more you try to store up for yourself, the more likely you are to be robbed.

Could you imagine some tribe trying to raid those in pic related? What would they have to gain that they couldn't get for themselves with the same amount or even lesser effort?

>"they are not white people, they are italian".

In old ottoman paintings there were always black female slaves helping with the household and stuff so probably for that.

Haha really funny, this must be bullshit never happened

Found the upsetti spaghetti

>Pyramids
>not build by slaves
Ignorance is a condition, stupidity is a choice.

Yes and you're choosing to be ignorant

>Your product is only valued when it is in large numbers. I doubt a small primitive tribe would fight another small primitive tribe just to get their food when it comes from the same place.
They literally did exactly that, fucking moron.

If you wipe out other tribes, food sources last longer and you're less likely to die off in winter, or during drought or famine.

You don't even need to kill them, just drive them away.

American Indians did this shit all the fucking time.

It was far better back then on average.
Mostly because in ancient times most middle class and above people had slaves, which means lots of moral owners. Whereas nowadays only criminals have slaves, which means they are treated no better than roman mine slaves.

Women, slaves, land, reduced competition for resources.

Native Americans raided each other constantly. So did fucking island tribes in the pacific. You're arguing a fantasy.

>"slaves"
>they literally discovered massive marked graves and tablets honoring and naming the best workers

Some slaves....

There was an african kingdom, that threatened to go to war with the British, over slavery. The africans depended on slave trade for a huge chunk of the economy. The British were trying to put an end to it.

true
king Oba Kosoko of Lagos 1851

>Who would purchase a black woman?

I would, assuming they're hot. I'd have had a huge harem and spent my days fucking (and all of you would also).

youtube.com/watch?v=59K2kF6o9Tk

Thomas Jefferson

Uneeded. Waste of human life, unnecessary death.

It's free labor, what's not to like?

Before, we we required to look after the health and well being of our slaves, them being valuable assets, and morale increasing production.

Now, we rent our slaves with a payment per hour instead of upfront payment, and are no longer required to take care of them or ensure their well being. We have turned a valuable asset into a disposable one.

I think we were better off before.