What are some hard truths about being successful that people are reluctant to say?

What are some hard truths about being successful that people are reluctant to say?

I'm not successful but I suspect that successful people work so many hours that they aren't "well rounded". Even though you get, for example, an investment banking job by being a normie with extracurriculars, they make you work so many hours that you have no life.

The number one trait of successful people is PERSISTENCE. The ability to get back up and try again even when life kicks you ass again and again determines how likely you are to reach your goal.

>successful people work so many hours that they aren't "well rounded".
most people's definition of success doesn't include working long hours.

just sayin. If you're working 80 hours a week you're probably not successful yet. If you spend more than a couple hours a week making money you're probably doing it wrong.

>F500 CEOs are not successful

>F500 CEO's do work

You have to start out with a good amount of capital to get rich.

Veeky Forums doesn't like hearing that though

Luck is part of it. yeah i worked hard and persisted, but the right chance eventually landed on my plate.

Quitting is a good thing. I quit a lot of shit jobs. Eventually i got a good one. Besides you can work somewhere for a few weeks learn a lot about a given industry then tell them to fuck off.

Inate racism is against some minorities. I'm white. I sell and I sell well. It's harder for blacks because naturally many people don't trust blacks. That's just my experience and opinion.

>Investment banking
>long hours
top kek.
Tell me this after you fags leave work at 1AM in the morning working in a VFX industry.

That unless you were born into money there is a extremely high probability you will give up before you make it.

1. You have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette. Seriously. You will have to bend some rules or step on some toes if you want to advance your success.

2. The key to being successful is persistence and it isn't for the reason you think it is. Opportunity manifests in many different ways but you will not be in a position to realize the opportunity if you aren't always trying.

3. You need some luck. Fortunately, the longer you try, the more likely you are to be lucky.

Literally retarded.

90% of success comes down to pure luck (i.e. the birth lottery)

Example: If you think some random starving orphan with no limbs in a refugee camp in Africa or the Middle East has any chance of being successful and making it in this world, you're retarded.

You're asking for a forest when there's a lot of different trees.

In the vaguest terms yes this . Other general things which help are:
>A thick skin. Never take rejection personally
>Focus. Working hard isn't enough, you need to strategically employ your time and not get distracted by trivialities which may seem important at the time but are low priorities.
>Taking opportunities

But the key to success is knowing everything about your goal: if you want to be a great Financier you need to know everything about the markets your investing in, you need to know about the management teams of the companies, you need to know about legislation which will affect share prices, you need to know the trends in consumer or business markets.

If you want to be a great race car driver it's not enough to just have fast reflexes, you need to know about the tires, you need to know when they lose grip, when they are grippiest, you need to know the tactics of your opponents - you need to see how they handle their car, what lines they take. You need to intimately know the surface of every track you race on.

KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. KNOW EVERYTHING AROUND IT.

>You have to start out with a good amount of capital to get rich.
>Veeky Forums doesn't like hearing that though
Naw. All you need is a very good job, and very good savings habits. All it requires is normal intelligence, hard work, and patience.

Veeky Forums REALLY doesn't like hearing that though

Easily the most juvenile understanding of wealthy individuals on display that post.

yes, I understand you guys don't actually know any wealthy people.

or if you do, you don't know they're wealthy.

most wealthy people list "freedom" as their main goal in becoming wealthy. If you think "freedom"=working your ass off you've got a bit to learn.

You are working hard in this thread to act like wealthy people don't like work.

Keep trying.

1. I am likely the wealthiest person itt and perhaps on this board at the moment.
2. I'm wealthier than 97% of you will EVER be.
3. Like most wealthy people, I don't work.
4. What kind of wagecuck mentality is that? You have enough money so you don't have to work so you'll work MORE? Ridiculous.
5. Once you're wealthy it's more cost-effective to pay other people to make you more money, working is a waste of a perfectly good life.

FX as in forex or special effects?

If the latter, do the world a favor and kill yourself

So you are a shift lead at some store in the mall?

congrats. richest gal on the bitcoin forum.

it's about ownership, risk tolerance, domain-specific knowledge, and a little bit of luck

Rich people are depressed too.

Veeky Forums is a special kind of cringey lately. burns my eyes

touché

but in all seriousness what financially successful people tend to have is a strong tolerance for risk and failure.

A strong work ethic is necessary, but most of them aren't working super hard so they can keep working super hard. The idea is to stop all that work at some point and enjoy the rewards. If you're still in the working-really-hard phase you haven't quite reached the end-game.

True wealth isn't measured or achieved in "hours per week" mentality. What do you want in life so bad that you are willing to risk almost everything for just a chance at success?
If you don't have lofty insane goals and emotional resilience don't expect anything exceptional.
If you're not willing to do what others won't & take losses in arenas few ever enter, stay safe, work hourly and be content with that life.

>Stop being a pussy
You need motivation?
You need focus?
You cant figure out what you want to do with your life?
You quit to easy?
Tough shit, your max potential is McMart.
This is and self control. You can make a fortune even digging graves if you dont waste it on booze to cope with your job. Making any kind of excuse for yourself is going to fuck everything up for you.
I have 135 million AUM now, its not much but enough for me to know "wealthy people". This is true to an extent, if you are first generation wealthy then you will continue to work your ass of until 80s. One of my clients owns the distribution network for Bentley in one of Middle Eastern countries, is over 70 years old still works every day. On the other hand, those who are so-so wealthy 1-2 million net-worth or who inherited this wealth but were not taught any values are the ones who prefer freedom. Usually horrible and pretentious too.