Protestant ethic shaped the development of central and northen Europe, creating a set of values...

>Protestant ethic shaped the development of central and northen Europe, creating a set of values, behaviors and common goals that were the ideal soil in which to plant the seeds for certain ideologies and structures, such as capitalism

Commonly considered one of the basic theories of sociology among scholars, Max Weber is generally respected and used as a starting point

>Islamic ethic shaped the development of the middle east and north Africa, creating a set of values, behaviors and common goals that were the ideal soil in which to plant the seeds for certain ideologies and structures, many of which are intolerant and unstable if compared to western standards

Considered xenophobic nonsense, not up for discussion and shamed

Why can't we say that Islam and its values may have something to do with the constant condition of unrest of certain places? I swear, I'm not one of alt-right wackos that seem to make up an increasingly large parte of this site, I'm left leaning and definitely liberal, but it seems to me like we made some topics taboo when discussion and understanding could actually help towards a solution

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/weber/#IroCagValFra
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Protestant ethic is a myth. It existed before Protestantism and in fact Protestantism is a result of it, not the cause of it.

>Protestantism is a result of it
(You)

>Religion ever the cause of anything
Religion and changes in religion are always the result of and never the cause of change.

Liberals and Jews hate God so they promote false religions like Islam and Catholicism, while attacking Christianity as "bigoted".

(You)

Catholics fuck up every single conversation on this board. Every single one.

>muh catholic boogeyman
Religion as it is practiced by a society is a symbolic expression of the fundamental beliefs held by that society. When the values held by a society change, religion changes to reflect those changes. As such, the divide between protestant and catholic countries originates from an ideological divide, not the other way around as is commonly supposed..

If a cultural movement led to the formation of protestantism, with the values of protestantism informed by the cultural movement, and protestantism became the embodiment of that movement, it's incorrect to say the protestant ethic is a myth for that reason. The ethic, in creating itself, created protestantism, and the protestant ethic is an observable fact.

HOW CAN CATHOLICS EVEN COMPETE?

Sure Islam is part of why shit there is so fucked up, but so are things like Western interference and poverty leading to lack of education. An area of the world so messed up would turn any religion into a violent, intolerant mess.

that's blasphemy. you will burn in hell if you don't change your ways and stop believing in false prophets.
Catholicism is the original christianism. You're just lost souls that must repent and return to the good way.

Go worship your fertility godess, heretic

Yeah, all of those catholic south american countries are just flourishing. All of those catholic african nations are just leading the world. All of those catholic nations are just trying to keep people out of them, because people love to be dominated by cult leaders.

And the countries that the Vatican hates? The anti-catholic countries?

Are they not the most flourishing on earth?

You don't go to hell for speaking the truth.

Protestants?

Literally who are you even arguing against faggot? None of what I said implies anything contrary to what you're saying. I'm not even a Catholic, nor did I say anything to defend Catholicism.

Are you really so shitter-shattered about Catholicism that you'll attack anyone who doesn't immediately agree with you in saying that Protestantism is better than Catholicism.

Anything that conflates Catholics with Christians is false.

>muh proddie boogeyman

nice try m8, but you quite clearly said in your post that protestants>>>>>catholics

>Weber envisions the future of rationalization not only in terms of “mechanized petrification,” but also of a chaotic, even atrophic, inundation of subjective values. In other words, the bureaucratic “iron cage” is only one side of the modernity that rationalization has brought about; the other is a “polytheism” of value-fragmentation. At the apex of rationalization, we moderns have suddenly found ourselves living “as did the ancients when their world was not yet disenchanted of its gods and demons” [Weber 1919/1946, 148]. Modern Western society is, Weber seems to say, once again enchanted as a result of disenchantment. How did this happen and with what consequences?

The future caused by Protestants

plato.stanford.edu/entries/weber/#IroCagValFra

I didn't, and if I had, I would have used millions more ">" marks.

Catholicism is pure evil. Literally outright worshiping satan in the Vatican evil.

Weber warns about the risk of anomie and excessive beurocratization, it doesn't predict a dystopic future with 100% certainty

Actually he didn't

He sees this as inadvitable. And no one is going to save you from it ala Marx

Anything else than odinism makes no sense.

Protestant work ethic is a bad joke.