ITT: Concept design memes that return all the time but NEVER find their way into production

starting with rectangular steering wheels

wheels hidden behind covers. those faggots can't get over it. trying it again every few years.

Why doesn't BMW just make good looking concept cars?

They're "good looking" to progressive thinkers.

well they would work, and looks fine, except when you have to go turn the wheel hand over hand a noncircular shape is not optimal. if they made a really tight rack, that you only had to turn the wheel 90 degrees either way, then something like that is more feasible.

>90
120 lowest. 90 would get people killed.

exactly. 120 would be too much to turn the wheel without having to move your hand positions, so that's why non circular wheels won't work for steering wheels.

You can one hand a 120deg pretty easily but past that you're pushing it.

No. No, just stop.

Everything else than circular steering wheels is fucking idiotic in a normal street car. It just isn't fucking practical at all.

um yeah

that's what I said m8, I'm saying anything other than circular is not practical

>hand over hand
>ever

center cockpits

>Mclaren F1

PALM

>one example

Why isn't this more popular in supercars?

They did it in the F1 and everybody thought it was cool, but then it was never done again.

It's bretty nice for city driving,

easy to park.

>french cars

I would imagine it's because most people want to be able to show off their supercars to a passenger at some point.

>tfw still no KITT-style jetfighter steering handle in a car

the F1 has 3 seats

,tIf he had shown the Egoista, you'd have a point but see

I'd feel too afraid of one of my passengers trying to yank the controls when I'm driving even though no sane person would. That's just being too close to them

well according to mr. regular, driving that sucks ass

they chose the worst colors
looks too much like a scab

this fucking triggers me more than donaldtrup sniffing the microphone. all my family and friend send me this BULLSHIT saying
>oh my
> wouldnt this be cool
NO YOU FUCKING KEKS
THIS WILL NEVER EXIST LET ALONE IS IT EVEN PRACTICAL WHAT THE FUCK IS IT EVEN. HOW IS THIS AN ADVANCEMENT IN AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah don't drive children in an F1, are you retarded? Why are you making dumbass excuses do you own Volkswagon Group or someshit?

He asked an honest question and you're getting defensive i don't understand.

YEW WANT TO PRAY GAME???

YUUUS CHINESE MAKE BEST CARBON FIBER, HOY!

what the fuck is that red stuff on the sides?

>ugly concept cars

that looks pretty based except for those side-lights

Any concept made by Buick.
>the avenir looks great, finally a Buick 2 door that looks distinguished and approachable!
>its a trim level now...

>wow the avista is so cool, a sister car to the CTS-V and spiritual successor to the grand national!
>we want to focus on our crossovers right now. Oh and we are axing our unique compact luxury.

I thought Buicks in America are now just essentially re-badged Opels?

IT'S TRYING TO BREAK AWAY

Fat fucks

Some of them are, like the Buick Regal is a rebadged Opel Insignia, but they do have some original models like the Buick LaCrosse

Exposed flesh.

Its the red paint underneath the brown shell. The brown shell can flex like that because it's made up of smaller brown portions connected by a stretchable red material.

I was thinking more like a torn scrotum but that works too

i would buy the fuck outta that

>reddit car reviews

You can turn 180 degrees without moving your hands. Watch an F1 driver spin out.

I can, you can, most of us all can, but normies don't want to.

it would be pretty cool (but dangerous) if we could replace our racks with ones that are only one turn lock to lock.

captcha: fresh parking

That fucking guy on the right.

why dangerous?

>IT HURTS TO LIVE

Chrysler did it back in the '60s.

literally.

It even looks like that car is seriously hurt.

A fucking bike seat for a steering wheel?

Citroen C4 Cactus

Aston Martin

Looks like it would be a pain in the ass to clean.