Hey Veeky Forums, I know this is a question you guys probably get a lot of the time...

Hey Veeky Forums, I know this is a question you guys probably get a lot of the time, but I wanted to ask a question from you guys, seeing as you guys seem to know quite a bit about cars!

I really have gotten into "car culture" now, I used to hate cars with a passion but just recently it's gotten very interesting for me. I wanted to ask you guys, what is the best way to understanding cars, from the lingo to reading technical aspects of the car and etc. I never took a automotive class during high school so I'm totally out in that regard, and I can't find an easy answer to this question anywhere online, if I could get some help, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e5lHdZ8gF6E&ab_channel=MightyCarMods
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just yourself and be drive

Listen to eurobeat - blissful around and deep
Don't hold it anymore - happy to the core
Suddenly in the dark tenderly to the heart
Let's put the music high let's go heat the light

believe it or not, browsing Veeky Forums daily is a good source of car knowledge

and also owning a car helps too

So what do people on this board call themselves?
I.e /b/tards

Phil/o/stines

The best thing you can do is find a friend that will take you to car meets. Don't be afraid to ask questions and look inexperienced. People hate when kids pretend to know what they are talking about in real life but usually don't mind explaining the basics to someone new to the game with an interest in actually learning. A lot of the shit you read on this board is ironic and troll posts so take it with a grain of salt. Many Veeky Forums posters are quite genuinely autistic and don't have any driving experience outside of videogames.

ped/o/philes

Veeky Forumstists

>16062771
Veeky Forumsnons

It'd help if you had a friend or family member that knew about cars. I've been around mechanics all my life, and it really helps to be around them. You don't even have to talk to them much, just watch and listen to what they do and say.

It helps to read up on things, too. I personally went onto Wikipedia whenever I didn't know about something, and since it has links to other articles, I just kept going from link to link reading up.

The lingo honestly comes naturally after you begin to learn. Most of the times it's a way to condense something into a word or two (i.e. shitbox to refer to an old car nearing a state of constant disrepair), to be humorous (i.e. dorito engine instead of Wankel rotary engine), or sometimes it's just to sound more laid back and less professional (i.e. tarbo instead of turbocharger).

Most importantly you have to realize there's always going to be someone that knows more than you about other topics. Cars are pretty diverse, and one can't know everything about anything.

Honestly, watch initial D. You can learn quite a bit from it, and get in on all the sick drift memes too

G/o/yims
B/o/ys
Sc/o/ttys
Br/o/s

Goddamn. Theres another thread asking this same exact question every day. "How do I into cars" should be in the sticky.

Lol stfu faggot this entire forum is garbage for benchracers that dont even have their license what integrity are you trying to protect

>I wanted to ask you guys, what is the best way to understanding cars, from the lingo to reading technical aspects of the car and etc.
shitposting on Veeky Forums like the rest of us

Youtube is big, instead of watching cancer tv or netflix all day, i recommend
>that dude in blue
>b is for build
>tj hunt
>gears and gasoline
>ricer miata
>lowcals
>donut media

Oh, and definitely >regular car reviews

1.get a shitbox DD
2.get another shitbox of the same type and part it out.
3.swap out the bad parts of your DD shit with good parts from scrap car

it took me 4 months going from 2/10 repair skill to 8/10

you should also watch mighty car mods if you want to understand the shitbox life

youtube.com/watch?v=e5lHdZ8gF6E&ab_channel=MightyCarMods

LURK MORE.
Seriously.
Hang around car shit and you will absorb car knowledge.
if you're neet or jobless, work at a quick lube place. make friends with the lower tec. he will likely know a bunch about cars and decided this was the only job for him because he's autistic and can't talk to people.

Op doesnt get cars yet so hed probably get 2 shitboxes with the same failing parts.

oh.

scooters are always an option

>I used to hate cars with a passion

What a weird thing to passionately hate.

Veeky Forumstists is the best one desu

It really isnt. The majority of Veeky Forums is dumbasses who think they know cars.

nah, it's a great source of knowing that a GTR has a shorter laptime than a Z06 by an insignificant amount of time, but it's not that great for learning about cars

Veeky Forumsrphans