Mercedes X-Class concept revealed

>Mercedes X-Class concept revealed

Do you think Rednecks will buy a Mercedes?

autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/mercedes-benz-x-class-concept-previews-first-pick

I'm a huge Mercedes fanboy but this thing is pretty retarded and who ever had this idea should get fired
Also the lights look like they're from a volvo

Pretty fucking ugly.

I'm gonna be sick.

>midsize
>crew cab short box
>Mercedes electronics
No

Its not aimed at rednecks

In the US, its meant for trophy wives that buy shit like range rovers or rich teen girls with 4 door wranglers.

In Europe, its for that small business owner/operator market.
These people usually own and operate a small trades or professional services outfit.

They already have a sprinter or transit van that the crews use, but they want something for themselves that besided being used for work, can also function as s family vehicle for the weekend.
And a decent tax write-off too.
This is a growing market and many of these buyers were previously buying Navarras and L200s

>those holes in the trunk door

>In Europe, its for that small business owner/operator market.

Lol, not at all

I would love to see ANY brand actually sell those integrated winches with their production models

its for the rich white men who own or are higher ups in construction companies. Cadillac Escalade Pick-up

This. It's an amarok competitor

>flotation tires

As if Mercedes would ever actually do that

Looks like the new Tacoma but somehow uglier

DISGUSTING

Mercedes-Benz, for the sophisticated redneck.

It's the Mercedes of pickup trucks!

you can play connect four with rocks :E

kek

>Do you think Rednecks will buy a Mercedes?
why do you think their target group are rednecks?

Don't tell they'll make an AMG version of this thing.

It's amazing how many times this thread subject gets posted, and yet there's still a constant influx of ill informed posts such as think that there's an implied prestige because of the badge on the front.

rich rednecks might.

in europe they drive a ford transit.

in Europe they are vat detuct vehicles, nothing more

You mean like the RAM Powerwagon?

What red blooded American would buy a German rebadge of a Nissan truck.

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yes it is

I hope they will.
He's right though.

it's a rebadged Nissan so no

Why would you get this over the Navara or the Alaskan?

Non american trucks always do shit here.

The only good thing about it would be going to Nissan for cheaper replacement parts.

>He's right though.
Wrong=/=right

One's monocoque, the other's a pickup.

Small businesses or tradesmen in Europe don't drive pick-ups, they drive small transporters like the Volkswagen T6 or Mercedes Sprinter.

More storage room and your stuff doesn't get wet when it rains (like it would in a pick-up truck bed).

Its sad that Mercedes went from making no-compromise luxurious continent crushers to making wide range of cheap cars for badge whores. Sure there are still S and E classes, but they have lost its status and charm. Partly because of the fact that auto industry is business and you dont get money from making good cars, but selling a lot of cheap ones for as much as you can and partly because cars are freaking huge nowadays.

I remember when in 88 my dad got 500 se. When compared to average car it was like spaceship. Had longer bonnet than the whole yugo.

fuck I knew it looked like something I had seen before

>rednecks
>buying anything but American

There are a few companies that use pickups like pic related, but even then they only seem to be companies like electricity or rail companies who will be driving miles away from the nearest paved road

I said business owners, genius.
The workers are the one driving around in vans and crew cab van based trucks.

The owner drives a pickup with leather seats.

Your deeply entrenched delusion that pickups are only for Americans is preventing you from seing reality.

Or stolen. And if you need to haul some dirt or a silly little digger, just get a trailer. They're easier to load anyway.

Good cars don't make you money.

At my local Mercedes mechanic, the vast majority of people I meet have owned their cars for 30 or 40 years.

>Your deeply entrenched delusion that pickups are only for Americans is preventing you from seing reality.

>American trying to tell me about my country

Pick-ups are so fucking rare here, the only people who drive them are some Ameriboo wannabe-rednecks.

Wtf why not make a single cab g wagon truck.

see

the G-Wagen, like the Land Rover Defender, is being phased out because of emissions and pedestrian crash safety

iirc production will end in 2018 or 2019

>That face

Looks like it's got a few extra chromosomes.

They should have made it more like the G Wagon, aesthetically speaking.

This thing just looks like another faggy Chevy Colorado with a tiny interior and tiny short box for a bed. I want a truck, not a car with a truck bed.

>I want a truck, not a car with a truck bed.

Guess what, I'm European too.

Everything I said is out of personal experience.

My family runs a construction and transport business.
I drive an L200. My brother a Defender 110 pickup.

They are perfect from getting from one jobsite to another. And carrying small equipment.
They're equally good at driving in the city.

We have Transits and Peugeots for our workers.

Should I be forced to drive some big useless van to avoid triggering your insecurities?

Should I have to put up with a 12' high 20' long white wall blocking my driveway?

Should I have to drive my family in a dirty uncomfortable van to save you from having a cry?

I can't even go to a meeting in the city with a van because I can't fucking park most underground carparks.

I hope you fucking shut up about it now.
Also, VW Transporter a shit.

>tfw you show up at the job site to find that rapefugees stole all the shovel buckets during the night

what

I've posted an enclosed Sprinter with a digger trailer further up. Suit yourself.

It was a joke, as none of the machines in the photo have shovels attached.

>no fun allowed

Holy cow, it seemed that i triggered you extremely hard.

I do not give a fuck what car you drive in your private life, the point i made was that tradesmen (yes, the guys doing the actual work) use Vans and Transporters and not shitty Pick-ups like the American tradesmen do.

Screw that. UNIMOG, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

I explained that multiple times for people like you and yet you still didn't get it.

Instead you conveniently chose to skip it and react like a littel babby child.

Well I live in farm country, so I expect to see exactly zero of these and continue seeing f-1/2/350s as 80% of all work vehicles with a spattering of GMC/Dodge/Chevy from the new guys.

Even in metro areas I don't see much market. All the women that drive big trucks do it for the image, so they will stay in the manly truck...and the same for the guys.

your a monocock, bitch

fuck you i know what i'm talking about. drive your pussy faggot wannabe truck for all i care

Minivans are good vehicles.

I agree that in Europe it's mostly gonna be used as company cars, but I think the ones that will use this as a private car is richfags who will want to drive this thing to and from their cabin inna mountains.
I say richfags because this is probably gonna be more expensive than its competitors.

>No european manufacturers make trucks worth note
>Pick up trucks are fucking stupid, why don't americans just use vans
>Mercedes makes a pick up
>Well yeah of course we like pick ups working people love them

Texas will go blue before rednecks purchase this. The people who will buy this truck are:

>Housewives
>Rich Teens
>Basically anyone who buys a Jeep Wrangler
>People who buy "brotrucks"
>Maybe 1 or 2 people who actually use it

Can it tow a horse trailer that carriers more than two horses

if not I don't imagine it doing super well here in can-tucky

>No european manufacturers make trucks worth note
The Amarok has been a succes for Volkswagen, and it's been around for a few years now.

I-It won't look like that, right? Right bros? Hold me.

I assume the strongest version will be rated to pull 3,5 tons because that's what similar sized modern competitors can pull.

>been a success
I don't know if your house is right outside the Amorak assembly line, but I almost never see them

Transits, Sprinters, Vivaros ect are all much more common

>Put 2x4 on the trunk
>Accelerate
>It falls off through a hole

They're not a rare sight where I live. And it's global sales figures are not bad. Maybe you're central european or something where most of the areas you work in are very urban. I live in Norther Europe, so vehicles with some ground clearance and 4x4 are not that hard to sell.

People buy a pick up truck because it can perform well from day to day basis and it is prepared to have "battle scars" and wear.

So no, people are RETARDED to buy a goddamn "luxury" Pickup. Also, if you show up to work with THAT thing, people will not admire you, people will just laugh at you.

That piece of shit is a Nissan Navara under the skin.

Welcome the new restructured Mercedes Renault Benz, now with 80% less premium and more renault diesels for their hatchbacks.

This will sell like water here in Brazil.
Our rednecks will love to drive a """""Benz""""" with the beth full of crappy sound system.

That's one depressing picture.

>those tires

Only faggots and women from the north who are 'le such a redneck y'all xD," despite living in an upper class city suburb.

Bro you got btfo lmao

so a souped up ridgeline?

>The owner drives a pickup with leather seats.
No...the owner drives a 2016 S class E class or a SUV.

Probably won't be sold in the US

this

really tho why are there holes in the tailgate?

you're joking if you don't' think amerifats won't buy literally anything

Meh. Id wait.

Because you know this will follow soon after....

That grill.

Awesome, right?

Ive never seen a van that couldnt park in underground lots, nor one that is considerably taller than a pickup.

Also nice going from "business owners drive pickups", which they mostly dont, to "my family who owns a business is retarded enough to think a """""luxury""""" pickup is a better choice than a good car + using a company.pickup for hauling"

Kill that monstrosity with fire.

An Amarok-based Audi truck is more likely.

So rednecks will buy this Merc after November.

The Amarok is expensive enough already. No need for the audi tax ontop of the 60k you already have to pay for this.

meant to quote

Is 2017 becoming yhe year of the PICKUPS?

>yfw Germans keep creating segments that dont need to exist
first it was SUV's that look like sports cars and now its luxury pickups, what will those crazy bastards think of next