/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 19th:
636 – The Rashidun Caliphate defeated the Sasanian Empire at the Battle of al-Qādisiyyah in Iraq.
1794 – The United States and the Kingdom of Great Britain sign Jay's Treaty, which attempts to resolve some of the lingering problems left over from the American Revolutionary War.
1885 – Serbo-Bulgarian War: Bulgarian victory in the Battle of Slivnitsa solidifies the unification between the Principality of Bulgaria and Eastern Rumelia.
1942 – World War II: Battle of Stalingrad: Soviet Union forces under General Georgy Zhukov launch the Operation Uranus counterattacks at Stalingrad, turning the tide of the battle in the USSR's favor

>News
EU4 DD 15/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-15th-of-november-2016.982588

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

W&B

Based.
Incoming butthurt.

Absolutely based.

haha!
based, brother

epic

Companymod 2.0 never

HELP

Inshallah.

I take it they were agreeable.

This liquor, the profits are intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it

I read that as "Oy vey".

I think the only way to get r&i to stop is by ignoring him. He's playing 4d chess here, he's a shitposter and he knows he is but at the same time still has his self-appointed duty, so unless we ignore him, he will keep reminding us to ignore him.

What is "steamcordplaza"?

Die immediately

what happened lads? 3 years at it so far.

It's the boogeyman of /gsg/.

so first time playing eu4 in a year or two. started out as Imerina, the tribal landlocked nation on madagascar. then this is how it ended.

didn't think i'd make it past the westerners colonizing. last time i played eu4 i was a southeast asian island country and after a couple hundred years spain came by and deus veulted the hell out of me.

but this was a lot different. surprisingly even though they were all -200 and hostile to me i only fought with the westerns once and i was the one to start the war to get capetown. then i bro'd it up with the ottomans and conquered the rest of central africa. i was too scared to go to war with france since they were #1 world power so i couldn't get the west african coast.

how'd i do?

>that Tlapanec

>177 Papal Influence
You do need help, dude.

can't spend it on anything useful because I don't have a cardinal

Not sure I get your point.

t. hpm

AFPG are you still here?

I'm literally leaving in 10 minutes, but tell me what you need, I'll read it when I come back.

Will there ever be any alternative to genocide to make provinces your culture in HPM?

Also do you know where in the files you can find the "national assimilation" event for provinces that I see the AI getting, and also the core creation event. I would love to see what the exact requirements are. As in my Vietnam game I have made Laos majority Vietnamese but still no event.

dude seriously. he has a higher tech than me and he's only behind france by like 3 in each.

isn't there a save converter where you can transfer over a eu game to a vicky game?

>Also do you know where in the files you can find the "national assimilation" event for provinces that I see the AI getting, and also the core creation event
CBsandCores.txt

>Will there ever be any alternative to genocide to make provinces your culture in HPM?
Well genocide doesn't make anyone your culture, it just kills people. I don't plan on anything at the moment. The assimilation programs in the 19th century just showed that you can't do that successfully without A) a long ass time or B) deporting people to the middle of nowhere.

hpm there is massive immigration from ireland as uk

i've seen provinces in ulster go down the 1.9k and then some african pops will migrate there and ireland will become majority african in some provinces

bit weird desu

See

Why contain it? Let the liquor spill over to the intellectuals and bureaucrats, and let the rebels pile up in the streets. In the end, they will beg us to subsidize their factories

t. hpm

I didn't disable that, only nations that don't get it are isolationist nations.
How does one get rid of isolationism?

There's an event for it, so luck. In a few cases like China and Japan, I don't think you can until you westernize. I think.

Upvoted.

Hey yo, HPM. I know this is a silly question.

But is there a way to get at least a couple chinese immigrants from china when they are not westernized, or is that hard coded, because chinese immigrants were a BIG problem in the old west

So you're SHL that event aside? You can't even use actual diplomacy?

Number one, that's liquor. Number two, that's liquor.

HPM remember to add a flavor event that lets Persia know that the Kurds declared independence. If that's easy of course.

Alright, I'll sum it all up in one post.

It's a bit of an odd request, but could you make a flag of a Chinese-Japanese Empire (imagine the Japanese somehow swiped away the mandate of heaven when Ming fell, instead of the Manchus). By 1836 it'd be a Chinese Empire led by a Japanese Emperor, but one with a mixed bag of Chinese and Japanese influences.

So basically a Japanese version of Qing.

Does anyone have the raw Vicky2 3.04 patch? Got the Steam version, though without the HoD expansion so I can't use the official Steam way to download the beta patch.

just google the patch it's on the wiki free download

As shogunate Japan and China in the most recent beta versions, I was able to get rid of isolationism.

Pay for the games you play

Starting December the 1st I'll do all flags I'm requested. I'll write this down so I don't forget. Remind me on december the 1st, though, just in case.

Anyway gotta go, see ya /gsg/.

So theoretically, how far can I stretch my kingdom with only one feudal county under my rule? I currently have 13 counties, with one feudal county and the rest being tribal. I'm thinking of taking four more as part of my Jewish genocide campaign, but I´m not sure I can do that with only 900 troops, and I'm scared that I will stretch myself thin with 5 more tribal vassal counties.

Thanks for the answer. Sorry that I keep nagging you about assimilation every time you show up here. I guess I just hate how the only paradox game with pops that have nationalities and religion gives you so few opportunities to interact with them.

Thanks, didn't realise they actually released an .zip version of that patch.
I would, but being in a shitty financial situation I prefer to keep money I wouldn't otherwise have to spend per sé. I greatly respect Paradox Interactive and would pay for it if it weren't for my finances. Maybe later?

Don't lie to me, piratefag

Also do you know if the closed borders policy affects internal migration?
Like am i right in thinking that closing the borders will increase the amount of people that migrate to my colonies?

>I greatly respect Paradox Interactive
Cuck.

I'm not sure about one county, but with just the de jure duchies of Galilee and Jerusalem in my personal demesne I could raise more men than any other realm. Though, I was a merchant republic so I was able to max out all of the holdings. I'd say that even with just one county it should be possible. Just don't expand faster than you can sustain.

Will do.

Normal immigration is hardcoded not to happen from uncivs.

Only through event.

Thanks, I stand corrected.

That's kinda the point of Victoria 2 though. A country doesn't (normally) have absolute control over their population. That started with the ideological stuff in the 20th century.

It stops overseas migration which basically kills any overseas colonial migration.

By the way, what are the new national foci you hinted at, and how do they work? Will you ever make a wiki?

Is overseas determined by continents? As it does indeed look like no one is going to my African holdings, but it does look I am getting some migration to my colonies in Korea witch is on the same continent as me(Vietnam).

>the great Castilian empire

I don't think I will ever take the time to write a wiki, though I add a few things to the readme if they are requested a lot or need an explanation.

There's two definitions in the game: any territory in another continent not connected to the capital through land and any territory not connected to the capital through land. Different parts use different definitions, I'm not sure which of the two pops use.

Expanding the readme or adding another text file that explains the new features wouldn't be bad either. but what about the NFs?

Is the oil in Sudan especially hard to drill?

If people knew about it in the 19th/early 20th century, would they have been able to harvest it?

I want to make some decisions like the NZ mining one, that unlock resources that theoretically could have been mined in the era. Most of Africa is fucked in regards to coal deposits, but oil is all over the place. A civilized Kongo or Ethiopia or Niger country could do really well from that.

>If people knew about it in the 19th/early 20th century, would they have been able to harvest it?

People would, but blacks probably wouldn't. Sudan would have to be cleansed and settled first for that to happen.

Give us some hints about those NFs you tease. We have waded through so many liquor memes to find you.

>but what about the NFs?
I quoted the post that explains it to you.

-Added 6 new NFs exclusive to colonies. The first one increase the attractiveness of a colonial state by 200%, the second one increases farming efficiency by 50%, the third one increases mining efficiency by 50%, the fourth one increases RGO efficiency in treaty ports and the Suez/Panama Canal, the fifth one reduces militancy in a colonial state by -0.50 and the last one decreases consciousness in a colonial state by -0.50. All of these, except for colonial migration NF, are locked to Overseas colonies ONLY. Some of the NFs have a downside, some have an upside.

Go back to /pol/ lad. This is a game about alternate history.

Sorry, I missed it. So basically the colonial migration "virtually" raises the colony's life rating? Does it work just as is or you need other prerequisites such as deportation and unemployment?

>colonial migration NF

Nice! Time to make Tunis great again.

What size Prussia is good for tall play? I ended up with that after finishing the claim missions, minus Silesia + Greater Poland conquest ones.

imma let you finish but these enefs is trash
What practical use do they have in game? I can see the colonial state one being barely useful as someone like Britain or Germany but the rest seem superfluous. Why would I want colonial consciousness down? Why would I want higher RGO efficiency in treaty ports? I really see almost no use for these and the ones I do see use in, like the mining efficiency one, only seem useful in estremely specific examples like precious metal RGOs.

Sorry if this is harsh. You get enough shit from steamcordplaza so I dont like to disparage the things you do but these really do seem to add nothing.

Hey HPM, what about a decision for giving Egypt its clay back if a GP takes it? I mean I can just edit the save but doing it via decision would be tidier.

lel so edgy xDDD

Edgy racist jokes actually have to have some effort put into them to be funny. Fucking newfags these days just go "hurrdurr lol look how racist I am xD"

Well, looks like I'm getting rubber even without modding.

Why the fuck aren't my laborers working at it though?

Blacks are technologically inferior and cannot harvest oil without the help of superior races. This is fact.

Dey be kangz and kangz don do no work.

Holy shit Ukraine is super fun in HPM
I became #4 great power without ever researching any prestige tech or going into an offensive war, only Germany, UK and US have higher industry score than I.

>Edgy racist jokes actually have to have some effort put into them to be funny. Fucking newfags these days just go "hurrdurr lol look how racist I am xD"
Something tells me no amount of effort could overcome the immensity of your base reluctance to them.

It's not a joke. Sub-Saharans were seriously behind on technology in that era and would not have the capabilities neccessary to harvest oil.

>lel so edgy xDDD

This is where I think you revealed you're a moron

When will HPM fucking faggot leave this thread and die forever

Go steal somebody elses work piece of shit mothercfuker

All this Racism

OY VEY eu4 is CORRECT THE RENAISSANCE AND COLONIALISM STARTED IN SUB SAHARA AFRICA

>all these butthurt polkiddies

Go back to facebook or reddit or wherever the fuck you fags came from.

An Ethiopia with all mining and chemistry techs unlocked is different from Mahdist Sudan.

>people playing EU4

I genuinely want to know how you tolerate the tedious layers of mechanics they've added since Art of War. How do you cope with waiting forever for favours to accumulate, and constantly checking estates to see if you can make decisions yet, and all the other bullshit that's been added in the past 4 DLC?

>>all these butthurt polkiddies
>Go back to facebook or reddit or wherever the fuck you fags came from.

The only one that is butthurt is you.

In what game?

Lad, /gsg/ has been /pol/ since conception. This is the only non left wing paradox "fan"base.
Also,
>calling me a fag
This is extremely hurtful and I didn't expect a fellow social progressive to be so ignorant and bigoted.

Because you can play EU3 only for so long

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, get le fuck out from my general you fucking SJW cucks

Sure, I agree, but I've stopped playing both. I had more than 1,000 in each of them, but it just became too difficult to continue after Mare Nostrum.

you decide how i take on France and Italy.

Hardmode: No invasions through Switzerland or Belgium

Ethiopians are half-white, so they probably could.

>there are people in this thread right now who don't ignore political shitposting
Godspeed young warriors of /gsg/.

But when? In what scenario?

It work as is, no prerequisites.

Not really, raising LR raises pop growth. This siphons pops that are colonial migrating to the states you choose.

Keep in mind pops still need to decide to colonially migrate.

>Why would I want colonial consciousness down?
It affects ideology and pops with high CON are more likely to join and support movements.

>Why would I want higher RGO efficiency in treaty ports?
Because they usually produce gold or RGOs that aren't abundant in europe. The NF also boosts immigration to the treaty port by 25%.

> I really see almost no use for these and the ones I do see use in, like the mining efficiency one, only seem useful in estremely specific examples like precious metal RGOs.
They are meant for specific situations, like rare RGOs for europeans (tea, coffee, silk, rubber). If you only play as GPs or big nations it won't have much of an impact, but for SPs and civs with colonies and kickstarting their industry, trying to get more rare goods for their pops or simply who want more of an RGO without blobbing more, it helps. The NFs aren't supposed to be all essential all the time.

Why would you go through Sw*tzerland? Also assfuck France via the sea, then break Belgium with a pincer from France.

>get so mad people don't aspire to your worldview that you "satarize" them, poorly, and expect it will make all the evil nazi bigots go away
you just made me MORE racist

Launch a naval invasion through the Ligurian Gulf into Provence, Genoa and Tuscany.

>But when? In what scenario?
Once I had Russia take Egypt's northern coast, I took it back from them and Egypt was in my sphere but I had no idea on how to give them back their clay.

Wow that's the most cucked Russia I've ever seen.

Go through Italy from Austria, turn the peninsula into a single huge encirclement.
If you have naval equity or superiority by now, invade Sicily.

Then onto France, crush them under the boots of German men.

Increasing ideology nfs when?

There's the "return allied core" CB for that but I don't see it used much, I need to check its requirements one day.

>This siphons pops that are colonial migrating to the states you choose.
So that means that it's pretty useless if no people want to get to the colonies, right?