/dbt/ map
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

Gifums with sounds
>Last time on /dbt/

where to cop?

So how do used bike sales work? I've looked up things to search for on used bikes but I want more than just my inexperienced eyes, and have no buddies into bikes. Is it normal to ask the seller to take it to a garage with me to have it inspected at my expense?

POST BIKE. NO MATTER HOW SHIT.

No.

I'm a new rider; I've been driving a ninja 650 since May.

In June I was turning in an intersection, noticed a car merging behind me and I instinctively hit the brakes. I had a minor crash as a result: a few cuts on me and the bike is fine since the sliders took most of the impact.

However, I feel like eventually I'm going to over-react to something at high speed and get in a serious crash. The thought stresses me out when I try to sleep sometimes. I love riding but it also greatly disturbs me.

Riding a motorcycle while that little voice in your head second guesses every move you make is how you die riding one.

Rode with some sportster coming back from work. I expected him to follow me better but he was gone when I looked back after passing cars. Also people keep pulling out on me on the highway.

Except that little voice keeps me focused on approaching cars and their drivers who may not be focused on me.

Take rider training, and learn hazard avoidance and defensive riding then.
If you're still worrying about it, then riding probably isn't for you

Stop talking about little voices you might fuck up my riding game

I already took the msf course. I just spent too much time on liveleak I guess

learn to trust yourself maybe.
Your subconscious is much better at keeping you alive than your conscious is.

This

my subconscious just tells me to go fast

Sell the bike and buy a civic for 3k

You're honestly probably hopeless if you over react to something so benign. I would suggest never going fast (I'm being serious).

this desu. riding just isn't for everyone. it's better if you figure it out now rather than later. i'd say do some soul-searching but you seem like you've already made up your mind

No that is your conscious, your subconscious does not talk to you, it is the voice of reason, your conscious is that little voice in your head that won't shut the fuck up about everything.

right. my conscious mind is the one which keeps me in line. my subconscious wants to twist the throttle until i'm pulling high noon woolies every time i take off from a stop light and hit redline in 6th on the freeway.

i keep that litle bastard locked away

Might want to learn how to drive first before you ride on the road. Riding is alot more work since you are so exposed to everything around you. If you just cant help being scared of others around you all the time then riding might not be for you.

No your irrational mind keeps your smart brain locked in a prison and you trust it so much that you won't even allow it to show you what it is capable of.
This is why you failed in school and it is also why are are just average at riding a motorcycle.

t. uneducated nobike

right, so more woolies in downtown traffic and more 150mph freeway runs. got it, dr. freud. just what the doctor ordered

>he still listens to the little voice in his head that tells him to target fixate
>tells me i am uneducated

>implies implications

>Implies implicated implications

I had a set of those tires. They are shit for riding fast in dirt. Good on slab though.

was this picture taken outside the public toilet

Yah I have some complaints already about them after 2k+ miles but they are nice on road and not that bad in the dirt. Some of the things are they wear down in a weird way on the blocks and the grip is mediocre in dirt and road hazards.

No doubt.

lol is that an R3? too gay for a DS/sumo?

I'm trying to buy a bike off Craigslist and I've emailed 3 people and so far they were all scans... Should I just accept the fact that there never is legitimate sales on Craigslist? And where should I go looking for used hikes?

*scams* my bad.

1. acquire scanner/printer
2. acquire hiking shoes
3. hike to motorcycle
4. scan motorcycle
5. kill yourself

1: Everything has been dropped, raced, and wheelied no matter what they say
2: Yes, this is reasonable, or you can ask them to take it apart and "show me the (air filter, battery terminals, spark plugs)". Really ask to see the air filter because people who don't maintain vehicles always forget the air filter.
3: Cold start or you don't buy it

Just outside your mom's retirement home.

Beamonur a gaf

Why is this exact photo posted every thread?

>woolies

stop the yammienoob memes any time

What said, but also, people are just stupid. And they lie, even when it would be to their advantage to tell the truth. Also, people sell their wrecks.

I got a carfax subscription when I was buying a van for my wife... I was amazed at what barefaced lies people told about their cars. "One owner" when it had been sold at auction as totalled just three months ago, etc. Too bad carfax is useless for bikes.

Is it normal for the brakes to touch the rotors slightly? After changing my tire now I'm paranoid I fucked something up. I feel a weird vibration when braking and my front rotor is really hot after short rides but I took the brakes off and don't see anything wrong.

>Is it normal for the brakes to touch the rotors
well yeah, do you think brakes work magnetically or something?

Fuck, how many /dbt/s are active on Veeky Forums right now?

Looked it up and looks like it's just symptoms of the wheel being unbalanced which makes sense, I didn't balance shit.

Is it possible to find a supermoto or street legal dirt bike and convert it for around $2k?

How difficult was it riding first time with a passenger? Kinda scared desu. I have an SV650S and riding about 5 months now every single day.

More than there should be because the regular OP's are all mad at eachother.

There's a high chance you'll get burned on something they say is fine but it's just a learning process. Cold start is important and just overall look at it and talk to the owner. You'll be able to get a feel if they really know about it or not. If they won't let you ride it have them ride it and follow them.

its like anal sex without lube, first time is painful but it gets easier each time until you stop screaming out DADDY

If they are retarded it ruins everything, if they are not retarded and lean into corners with you and what not you hardly notice they are there.

Easy as fuckting ur mum. I ride with a 118lbs girl on the back of my 250 no problem.

Hi fags, drunkanon here

Recommend first bike SV 500 or something yes or no?

Give yourself more room to make low speed maneuvers

GS500 or SV650/S
Ninja 500 or 650

Can't go wrong either way

im the real drunkanon fuck off kid

No im the real drunkanon fuck off kid

i'm drinking and drinking but i can't get drunk

Post boipucci as proof. Drunkanon always post boipucci

Are you a newfriend

Why do other countries hate dirt bikes so much?

*tips fedora*

Maybe once you sober up

Why are BMW faggot so butthurt about the all new all different GSXR-1000R ?

Why you posting in both

Why are BMW owner looking at both ?

Explain basics like leaning with you, look into the corner, keep feet on pegs, brace against tank while braking.
Her helmet will keep hitting yours and it will be fucking annoying.
Low speed is kinda scary.
Try to keep your maneuvering predictable so she has time to react.
If it's warm and she's not wearing proper riding pants, prepare to clean ass sweat off your pillion seat afterwards.

lacks shit bike.

Got training? Buy and read Proficient Motorcycling and schedule yourself for an MSF course.

Instinct is shit unless developed with deliberate practice and training.

If you are really scared you have the wrong attitude for riding and there's no shame in that. Fearful people should choose different activities than those who can be calm. Just sell the thing, lie about why, then move on with life. Not everyone should ride a two-wheeler.

Aight dbt time for a game of find the odd one

The threads are posted around that exact photo.

Your pads normally touch the rotor but excess heat may indicate drag. Lift the bike and spin the front wheel by hand. Look for wobble anywhere. Your pads may be dragging but that doesn't cause wobble. Time to reinspect.

We have a VIN check thread where you can get an auto check report for bikes and cars for free

How much crank case pressure ventilation is normal? I can feel the air getting blown out of the crank case on the vent tube very easily. The bike doesn't smoke and I just put new rings in as well as recondition the barrel.

Also, it kick starts really easily. Most of the time I can start it with 1 kick, dead cold.

put a plastic bag on it, if its not blowing by itll inflate very slowly or not at all.
if it blows right up your rings probably didnt take

Tbh i've found the perfect anti-theft solution
>painting boike
>removed side winglets
>scary looking complicated mesh of tubes and wires now visible
>big bright stickers with warnings like "do not touch, scorching hot"

or you could just suck his dick

But that's gay

>wires exposed
That makes it easier to steal

Does it though?
It's not like you couldn't get to them before, just that now they look more intimidating

user, bikes are made to sustain rain. Anyone with half a brain will think that the bike look shittier, not scarier.

>buy gs500
>never worry about it getting stolen
is gs500 literally the best bike?

Going home.
Wish me luck. We stopped at the Garda lake at noon.

... What?
Do you see those holes?
Nothing is protected by rain, everything has to be waterproof

The gasoline is protected from rain

break a leg

swaglord?

Yes.

No.

Since you feel like GSposting, can you give me an objective wet weight?
I need it for reasons