Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9GmHk30CYNw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

right hand drive
that was easy

Fine I'll bite

it doesn't have a 3 second 0-60 time which means it is entirely shit.

>pancake engine

win

Low hp

Gutless

HOLY FUCK

No awd

Does it have buttons on the steering wheel? If yes then that, other wise I can't.

can we stop making this thread?

why?

Its missing a fucking turbo..?

Wow

>flaw

>His torque decreases when he pushes the gas when he's cruising

No fucking way
That's godawful

what the fuck

It looks goofy.

Toyota can't into style except expensive Lexus.

It's blue

>fwd pigfat Camry and Accord are faster
>interior is absolute shit
>fwd shitbox fiesta ST is faster
>fwd shitbox GTI outperforms it in everycatogory
>can get a faster mustang ecoboost for less
>can get a faster camaro 2.0t for less
>is a subaru vape cuck box
>Prius tires
>what is torque?

Do i need to go on?

whats up with that bumfuck retarded curve seriously
didnt anyone at toyota or subaru look at the dyno sheets and think
>GEE THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG HERE

>205hp
>up from 200hp
>diff gear ratio changed from 4.1 to 4.3
>all of above only available to the manuals

it's basically a dogumi mobile but they executed it so poorly
>retard boxer 4 for whatever reason who fucking knows
>no power
>mediocre handling
>looks like a sports car for some reason since it's closer to a sport trim corolla than a sports car
>expensive for what it is
at least the original dogumi mobile had a halfway decent engine combined

>increase rpms by 600
>torque drops by 15%

Too many wheels

did subaru sabotage the engine on purpose

Whoever says these are slow, is either a fool or has never seen one on a track. I personally don't like them, however I know the chassis itself is one hell of a good track car. Straight line isn't everything, and these sure can prove it.

Can anybody explain to me, how did they fucked up the car on a mechanical level, that torque decreases as your step on the gas?

The torque drops so that you have more steering control

>no power for the price
>too expensive for what it is
>Boxer engine instead of a superior Toyota engine
>made by Subaru, so you don't get Toyota reliability
>door mirrors instead of fender mirrors

>people pay 30k for this

>the power of the boxer engine.jpg
Why are Subaru allowed to put their shit engines in production cars again?

Literally why I'm buying a hairdresser's convertable

Ever see a Porsche Cayman Dyno?

nowhere near as bad as the FRS which has a power plateau between 3 and 4k revs.

Yeah, well the Cayman is twice as expensive.

Really makes you think

Destroyed around track by a diesel family hatch.

no really, but then again I'm not daft.

Toyobaru drops about 27Nm (about 14%)
Cayman drops about 20Nm (under 10%)

>BTFO

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

That's why people eliminate the dip user. It's not difficult

Toyobaru costs 25k
Cayman costs 50k (about 100% more)

I honestly wonder why they never made a turbo model. With power and sticky tires, it would destroy everything on the track. Hell, with sticky tires on my first track day i was cornering 10mph faster than more experienced mustang drivers, but of course they lost me on the long straights. The WRX is a tiny fraction of subaru's sales, so eating away a few customers to another model wouldn't affect their company.

Not a 370z, miata, genesis coupe, any mustang, any entry level bmw... fuck it, literally any other car ever would be better than that fucking heap.

>it's cheap so it can be shit
A fucking diesel golf that costs just as much destroys it around the track.
Because the engine can't handle a turbo.
Simple as that.

>it may be shit but at least it's cheap
yup welcome to Veeky Forums

>not only am i poor, i am also assmad

fucking Veeky Forumstists

But it can. It's so easy to get 300whp on pump gas reliably, and 400-450 on e85. People daily and race like this without issue.

>buys 26000 pounds car
>spends another 10000 pounds to tune it because it's slow

Just buy a 36000 pounds fast car to begin it. At least will last longer than some shitty mods you do in your garage.

>not wanting a 450whp sub-3000lb godmachine

are you fucking retarded? you are literally telling people to go buy a pigfat shitbox with the power to weight ratio of a mentally disabled kid on a tricycle.

a 450whp frs/brz/86 would shit on 99% of cars on the road & racetrack, in both power & handling,

And will also shit the bed as soon as you get home.
If you want to buy a slow car and make it fast as a hobby and have a track warrior that is fine.
But don't come on forums saying a 450 whp RWD shitbox that is DD will not have reliability problems.

It's not American.

less than 300 bhp for the cost
slower than minivans

Do i need to continue?

Engineering question: why does this torque dip exist? Is it innate to the boxer design?

No. It might be there because of ECU limitations.
At around that RPM the engine will sit when driving down the highway so they limited the power/torque the engine makes through the ECU for better fuel economy.
That is the most logical answer.
t. engineering student

i'm not saying to strap the biggest turbo you can find on the fucking thing & call it a day.

i'm saying to build the engine using quality parts, and make sure the supporting mods can handle the appropriate amount of boost.

yeah, of course it's going to be expensive as fuck, but then you're going to own a sub-3000lb godmachine with over 350whp.

if everything is done right, the car should be DD-able without any major problems.

That's not Tsukuba . . .
Why measure a Japanese cars performance if it's not on a small technical track?

That makes sense for a daily commuter but in a sports car? Is there a way to get rid of that limitation?

>buy car for 26000 pounds
>invest another 20000 pounds in it
>finally beat cars that are worth more than 70000 pounds
>engine/gearbox still blows because not made to handle that kind of stress
It's like you don't really know what you are talking about

>>make sure the supporting mods can handle the appropriate amount of boost
>>engine/gearbox still blows because not made to handle that kind of stress

>>yeah, of course it's going to be expensive as fuck
>>>invest another 20000 pounds in it

do you know what reading comprehension is, you uneducated nigger?

>""sports car"""
It's not really a sports car. It is a cheap shitbox with RWD, of course fuel consumption was something to think about.
I am not sure what you can do about it, on most cars you can just resoft the ECU and all is good.
Then again this might not be a limitation from ECU but a phisical one and remapping won't do shit about it.

>so assblasted he can't into greentext

Look sunshine the truth is and always will be that no matter what you do to an engine, once you tune it for performance it will blow up a lot faster.
Unless you change every single piece from it, it will go faster.
And once you switched all the pieces is no longer the engine that started life as so what's the point?
If you really like how the car looks but you don't like it's lack of power just do an engine swamp.

Well yea it's not *really* a sports car, it's a cheap RWD sport coupe that looks faster than it really is. Entry level fun.
If it's not an ECU limitation then it's just a design flaw then? I wonder how difficult it would be to replace the engine with a Toyota I4, I've seen it done before without changing the engine bay.

I woldn't call it a design flaw. Even if it's not from ECU but is intentional it's the same thing.
They wanted to limit the power between 3.5k and 4.5k to have a better fuel consumption on highway.
I really doubt that is a design flaw. They test their shit way to much for something this big to go through.
Don't know what to say about the engine swap because I am not familliar with the car, nor the engine that you want to put it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9GmHk30CYNw
Typical BRZ owner ladies and gentlemen.

I see what you mean now. It's an intentional function of the engine output so that owners have lesser fuel consumption at highway crusing speeds in the proper gear and so that (probably) the companies pass a government mandated mileage standard. That makes perfect sense.
Thanks engineer user.

whoops, wrong pic

the new mustang is sharp

I own a GT86 and think you should kill you're self.

>your point
>there is none

oh gee it got a good time on that track meant for jap shitboxes that sure negates the prius tires and gutless engine

>on that track
>Tsukuba was designed to mimic a Japanese backroad
>faster on the backroad

Why would I not want it when it's beating a V8 burgermobile is the real question

To be fair, getting your 2nd set of tires after shredding the prius tires negates that. Almost everyone I know gets performance tires and/or wider wheels.

One of the worst posts I've ever seen on Veeky Forums to be honest. You have no understanding of what makes a proper car, much less a racecar. Go back to your vaping, buddy.

Yes, you can eliminate torque dip

yes get wider wheels so it goes even slower

From what I've read on forums, the torque dip can be fixed with headers and a tune. Just what I've read.

>COMPLAINS ABOUT PRIUS TIRES
>COMPLAINS ABOUT PERFORMANCE TIRES

ah yes, please enlighten me on what the E L I T E Veeky Forumstists opinion is on what should be a proper racecar.

because
>amazing power to weight
>flat & sharp cornering
>low seating position
>inexpensive parts & wide availability
are absolutely not necessary in a proper car, or even racecar, according to you.

so if you would graciously inform us on what truly makes a p r o p e r car, i would appreciate it.

>doesn't even mention the chasis

Sorry, kid, I don't have time to educate you, but maybe start there.

>I have never driven on a track

So why is it there in the first place, and how is it removed?

>post photo of shitboxes at a track day
>is now Toto Wolff

>i get all my auto knowledge from Veeky Forums
>every car that's not an ariel atom is a shitbox unworthy of even being being parked at a track

i honestly can't even tell if you guys are actually this autistic, or just b8ing.

It is partially inherent to the boxer design, even though someone said it wasn't. Look at the Cayman Dyno posted earlier. It also has a dip in torque. It's also there for gas mileage reasons.

An aftermarket header and tune will eliminate the dip while reducing weight and adding power.

>I don't like thing

Mad that your shitbox is nothing but a shitbox made to look sporty?
It's way to gutless to call it a sports car.
And once you throw enough money at the engine to make it fast the chasis won't be able to handle it.
I still think this car would have been better off with an 2.0 I4 turbo engine giving somewhere 220-250 bhp and more low end torque.

are you a fucking jew or something? Fucking complaining about everything.

>doesn't know that there are plenty of built 86's with intact chassis
>doesn't know that chassis bracing & reinforcement exists
>too poor to afford the most affordable new platform so he is assmad

off yourself

>buys overpriced shitbox
>keeps throwing money at it to make it decent
>still more money so it will handle like a car
If you want a project car at least start with something good user.

t. fwd car owner

i think you're just mad that no matter how much money you throw at your fwd cuckbox, it'll never amount to anything.

>why does a muscle car do poorly on a backroads course?!?
>why does a defensive lineman do poorly as a midfielder?!?

>projecting this hard
Don't worry one day you will afford the toyobaru shitbox and stance it just the way you like it.

Oh, and just to trigger you some more:
>beaten by a FWD diesel family hatch

>not buying a sports car for speed AND superior handling

a special breed of retard indeed

>beaten by a Miata on some long yuropoor track

i'd bread on hood for you, but unfortunately i'm not home.

>thinking i get triggered by a fwd fagbox
>thinking that fwd fagbox has literally any potential
>thinking that laptimes make a fwd cuckbox worth buying
>having to defend your own fwd fagbox b/c i triggered you that hard

it's ok little buddy, maybe one day you'll realize that the 86 was never meant to be left stock.

Superior for what? Muscle cars are meant for straightline speed. That's what they do. Jack of all trades is the worst compromise.

>b-but muh speed
>it goes fast, n-nothing else matters

kys
They're marketed as sports cars, not muscle cars. Ford making the IRS standard should be proof of that.

It's an inferior heavy burgerfat mobile that regularly gets passed by Corollas on the backroad.

>Superior for what?

Driving on roads with turns sharper than 90 degrees
You know, actual roads that require real handling