What is the Veeky Forumspinion of toyota celica...

what is the Veeky Forumspinion of toyota celica? im thinking about getting one as a DD but not sure if they're as good as preached about

>FWD
>good

Basically a Corolla with a body kit.

Why is there a piece of wood at the back wheel?

Get a GTFour

If you're going to get a FWD at least get one that rides nice and has a little more function. Go get a 4 door civic si if you want some 4cyl budget rice. Let that fucking money pit rot in someone else's driveway.

nah see i meant good for like reliability and low maintenance

I had a GTS that was 100% perfect

You'll have to replace the lift bolts since they randomly snap in half. There's a service notice out there describing it.

It has no power until you hit lift

Is okay under lift, not amazingly fast or anything, car is too heavy.

Doesn't take boost or mods well.

Overall, pretty car, drives nice, girls love it.

would not buy again though

Oh and in case you are wondering, bought for 3800 with about 130k on the clock, sold for 5k

So if you are paying more for that I wouldn't bother

nice quads b tw.

Integra/RSX is better

Pre 2000s were nice

People preach about Celicas?

Last model was basically sporty Corolla coupe. FWD. Reliable but just looks fast basically. Won't leave you stranded if you DD it.

basically this.

if you don't want a fwd cuckbox, i recommend an nb miata. it might be meme tier, but atleast it's rwd

>inb4 na is better
>inb4 not realizing na miatas are exclusively for uneducated weeb niggers who unironically enjoy less aerodynamic headlights

this desu senpai

I have a civic si as a dd and the stiff race suspension is hell when you hit a bump.

I was on a bumpy section today and I accidentally shifted from 1st to 4th trying to get to second, then I tried to shift into 3rd since I was at 20mph and another bump made me shift into 5th. I feel so bad for my clutch.

Also be careful with hondas. Their owners are fucking idiots and test driving won't reveal the stupid shit they broke in the car since they're so bulletproof

It sounds like you might just be coming down with Parkinson's. I daily drive a Civic Si on coilovers and have never struggled this much.

this
my 1999 Corolla comes with a 1ZZ like the MR2, while the celica got a 2ZZ

basically a Scion TC Corolla

Why not an MR2?

kek

It's basically a Corolla/Matrix/Vibe that traded away room and practicality for questionable boy-racer looks. Personally, I'd rather have a Corolla/Matrix/Vibe with a 2ZZ.

shhhhhhhh

save them for us

This.
Look for a Corolla XRS, you get four doors and the 2zz.
They are not very fast (0-60 in 7s), but they are a fun and reliable DD.

Good luck finding one of those. I think by now everyone that has the XRS knows what they have.

There's a few here in LA

>Toyota

I own a 7th gen GT and I love it, it's really reliable and surprisingly fun to drive. yes it's fwd and you don't be able to dorifto but memes aside, it actually handles extremely well for the econobox it is

however, they're rice taxed as fuck, but you can use that to your advantage. what I would suggest you do is lurk craigslist for a while until you find a stupidly good deal. they're hard to come by, but they come

I got mine with 96k miles for $2400, well under its actual value because I bought it from a guy who was having a kid and needed cash. I fixed up the minor cosmetic issues it had and now, if I ever want to sell it I can do so for a lot more than I paid for it

Instead of getting a FWD commuter trying to look sporty, why not get one that's actually sporty?

Si/RSX/Integra suggestions are all solid choices to actually go fast and have togue fun on a budget.

Yes we know, Toyota is the best for the money

I bought a 98 gt for 1k with 190k miles. It's a pretty fun car to drive, great gas mileage, looks decent. I have no complaints

Recently test drove a 2000 GTS. Fun as fuck to rev out and hit lift in, steering is very direct and somewhat heavy, and the car overall handles a lot like a go-kart. Shifter was also one of the best I've ever felt

>Toyota
>Money pit

When did this happen? I recall them not being the cheapest to maintain but my 98 Camry was never too expensive.(although they are different cars technically)

It never happened