Not a single car with 185 or more hp

>not a single car with 185 or more hp

What did they mean by this?

but muh feels and driving excitement.. slow car fast blah blah blah

Now fuck off

Mazda is a cool company given the landscape of the automotive industry.

That said, I would never buy one because I can't afford a clean RX7 FD.

Literally less than a hatchback

can i CX-9 swap my miata

t. bus rider

probably not

source: am mazda tech in training

250 with premium gas, and torquey too-- 310 lb-ft

TURBO 3 AND 6 WHEN

>car

>wagon with tall suspension
>not a car

The truth hurts, huh?
Don't worry I have some of anal cream for your buthurt.

what is mazdaspeed3

263 hp

Yeah, what IS Mazdaspeed 3?

Didnt that get cancelled in 2013?

They're a small, struggling company that can only afford two engine architectures, and they wasted one on diesels. The other one covers the 1.5L, 2.0L, and 2.5L engines (and now the 2.5L turbo). They're pretty much the same engine scaled up and down, not the usual scaling method of keeping the bore the same.

I have a Mazda3 2.5L 6MT and no, it isn't fast enough. Still, I like it. It has better steering than almost anyone does now that electric assist has taken over, and that's a major contributor to a car being "fun". I mostly wish it had better throttle response - that would make it feel a lot better even without extra power.

This.

Mazda got the turbo with the sky active engine. They need to offer this in there other line ups. The only thing really missing from Mazda is more power and better tech (Android auto etc). They solved the lack of power with the turbo, now just fucking offer it in the other cars.

Go buy a Dodge or some pigfat American crapmobile that can't turn if you want hp.

When a fucking hothatch has more power than a SUV you know something is fucked.

mazdas philosophy behind skyactiv engines is strange
they may be low output but they have very broad power and great fuel efficiency. mazda says the 'economic' turbo engines are trash because they can only achieve good efficiency out of boost, where they perform worse. whereas the skyactiv engines dont have to be driven like a grandma for good mpgs and still offer good performance.

the nd isnt powerful but its acceleration is boss because it isnt a peaky shit engine like toyobaru or s2000 garbage

Or you could buy toyota, honda, or even a nissan...

And yet they are better to drive than their competitors.

>hurrrr what's a mazdaspeed

Not a Mazda.

Cool imagination bro.

Aren't the Mazda speed models turbo? I've been trying to find a clean speed 6 (the only sedan with awd) for a while but they're all riced out

I respect them for not falling for the small displacement turbo engine for efficiency meme (EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING CX-9 LOL, though I think that has more to do with them not being able afford a v6 platform more than anything). It seems like Ford and Porsche haven't gotten any meaningful fuel efficiency out of that maymay.

>what about mazdaspeed guys??
I think what your looking for is a ford

FD?

>ford

>Toyota
>Nissan
Bland and numb
>Honda
Even their sporty cars are FWD

How come Mazda has basically no budget?
Where I live you are guaranteed to see a Mazda 3 in every corner.

Isn't the Radical RXC pushing 500+ hp?
That counts right? It's just a turboed Mazda.

People assume they have no money.
Truth is they are doing fine. Not toyota rich, but they arent struggling. Look up their dealings with toyota and their 80mpg mazda 3 sold in japan.