So I need an opinion on a car that I'm looking at. It's a 1997 BMW 3 Series, it has 67,000 miles on in it for $3000...

So I need an opinion on a car that I'm looking at. It's a 1997 BMW 3 Series, it has 67,000 miles on in it for $3000. It has only had one owner since it was imported here. It looks as though its been garage kept all its life as it has no paint fading, scuffs, cracks, etc. All of the interior looks clean as well. Should I spend the $3000 on this car or look for something else? It'll be daily driver for school and work and that's about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/5844429089.html
portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5819175743.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty good deal.

E36s are known for being reliable

S'Good car. Second to last year of the E36. That low of miles makes it worth it. You could spend $3k and get something much more boring or spend more and get something totally pricejacked.

That seems low. Is it an automatic? Or the smallest engine?

Both actually. Its a 318ti lV and it is an auto

That's exactly what I figured, not worth buying some 2001 accord with 100k+ for same price

Dude fuck. That's such a good deal for a mint e36 hatchback. Jelly.

Kill yourself. A civic for 3k is better than a shitty auto BMW.

nah.

A civic with 150000 miles? Not so much buddy?

The whole point of a BMW is driver involvement which you don't get with an automatic.

Mileage doesn't matter. I'd sooner buy a car with 150k miles with maintenance records than a car with half that and no history.

This car actually does have history, full service report, never been in an accident, only one owner.

idc, ti's are unique and hard to find in this kind of condition.

you aren't going to find a single owner, garaged, 60k mile civic, for $3k
and I'd personally much rather be driving a Ti and take the 10mpg hit.

>comes to Veeky Forums asking for opinions on a car
>mind is already made up and now he's seeking validation for a shitty decision.

>im not op
>this is an enthusiast board not a civic commuter board
>hasn't given a good reason why this is a bad deal
if you irrationally hate bmw just say it so we can ignore you, otherwise come up with a reason why this isn't a good deal on a really clean unique car.

If someone had an actual opinion on why I shouldn't other than "Kill Yourself, a civic is way better" then I'd listen. But I haven't seen that yet

Since we're asking for opinions on older BMWs, I am torn on the car I'm about to go look at this weekend.

portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/5844429089.html

Here's the ad, it's an '02 E39 530i with almost 170k on it for $4500. With that kind of mileage i'm very worried about what kind of upkeep it will take to keep running. I want it as a daily, so don't want to be spending all my free time working on it. Any opinions on this one?

Or this was my second option. This one has 20k less miles for $500 less, but doesn't have as much information.
portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5819175743.html
I'd definitely want to take either of these to a mechanic for a full inspection first to make sure, but I'm leaning for this one with less miles?

I don't hate bmw. If it was a manual i'd tell him to go for it.

because it's an automatic. that should be enough of a reason.

E36 Compact is fucking kill yourself tier.

It's only a real BMW if it's a straight 6 engine with manuel tans

E39 at that mileage is an absolute money pit. Awesome cars though, very fun. I own 2

he doesn't want to drift with it
auto and small engine isn't a bad thing

a friend of mine had the same car 10 years ago (316 or 318 don't remember) it was auto and he had the 325 badge on it and a nice bodykit. it felt faster than 2.5L cars

If you don't call BMWs by their chassis code you probably shouldn't own one