Is there any car in production today that you would see yourself as still proudly owning and meticulously maintaining...

Is there any car in production today that you would see yourself as still proudly owning and meticulously maintaining 40 years from now? So like an enthusiast boomer that actually took care of their muscle car and have a pristine example of a bygone era in automotive engineering today.

FIATA
I
A
T
A

pic related,

>in production today
oh wait.... =(

Not an awful choice

Recently produced is fine too. Let's say a 5 year limit, so 2011. The start of this decade.

i dont think there's anything currently made that i'd like to keep that long, most cars are really generic and restricted by emissions laws, nothing really special or crazy worth keeping.

Maybe a Boxster GTS or Cayman GT4 because im pretty sure at this point they'll never go back to being 6 cylinder and they sound crazy.

If i had to pick something made this decade though, It'd be an E60 M5. We'll never see something as bullshit crazy as that, and that is deffinately worth keeping. Last ones were sold in 2010-2011

Jag F-type S with a manual
>Dat exhaust

I imagine new vehicles won't be worth restoring due to their complexity. There will probably be special order vehicles like Hellcats and such that people have saved but not much of a collectors market. Like how there are mid 1980s camaros around now, some in great condition, but rarely restored.

I came to post this, didnt expect it to be first....

Muh '89 MJ. I bought it as a beat up fuck pile with dents everywhere, a hole in the floorpan, a howling diff, electrical problems, missing trim and buttons, faded and worn paint and trim, bucket seats that didnt fit the truck, half-working cluster and a cracked dash panel.

Now I can't stop buying parts and it's nearly intact. Most of the missing interior bits are being sourced, runs like a top, gauges all work, electrical is nearly 100% and is fully functional, and I can't fucking wait to get the dings banged out and repaint it.

>in production
Oh.

Cars have so much plastic shit today that I doubt most of them will be intact a few decades from now. Plastic becomes brittle way faster than metal and all the electronics will go bad.

yeah, my current car

My shitbox. i could always retrofit electric engine in it.

ZL1 Camaro. If allowed a car soon coming out, I'll have me some Z28 booty instead. Would be a nice supplement to my '80 Z28.

This, and probably Aston Martin DB9. I'd also say a clean ND Miata will be sought-after.
I doubt it. Possibly current gen Mustang and Corvette though.

40 years from now is difficult to imagine though. You can't look 40 years in the past and compare to today to give you an idea of 40 years from now, it doesn't work that way.
Hell, Elon Musk says driving cars on public streets will be illegal in the very near future. And if that doesn't happen they might ban cars that don't have all kinds of accident-prevention assists and super-stringent emissions. So you'll only be able to drive your old car on a track or private property, meaning value of conventional cars will plummet no matter what model. Most cars will only be worth the scrap value of the metal they're made from, or maybe could be exported to China and India but they'd probably ban that too as it would defeat the point.

Elon Musk is also heavily invested in his electric motor self-driving cars. Of course he would say that. If he didn't believe it would make him money he wouldn't be pushing for that kind of technology.

He does have a point though. All these nanny programs like lane assist and collision warning/braking are just the beginning. A commercial I recently watched implied the driver was so distracted that he needed these kinds of aides to keep him out of accidents.

nope, all new cars are shit

BMW M2 or a 911 Turbo S

Elon musk is the guy who also says we all live in a computer simulation.

i'm kinda o k a y about no ICE cars soon but no public roads?
wtf is he thinking
when is he gonna roll over and die

>in production today
Well shit. Maybe a Snek or mustang. Gotta wait for Mazda to put out a new rotary

Dat LSA wagoon

The gt86 to be honesty

Kinda cheap no?