Tfw didn't bet on the election because I didn't think a Trump victory was possible

>tfw didn't bet on the election because I didn't think a Trump victory was possible

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/biz/thread/S1590558#p1594011
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I only bet $100.. im kicking myself for not betting the farm.

hindsight's 20/20

unless you had some amazing secret polls you couldn't have predicted this and betting money on trump would have been unreasonable gambling.

you have to evaluate decisions given the information you had *at the time*. not betting on trump was the right decision.

>unless you had some amazing secret polls you couldn't have predicted this and betting money on trump would have been unreasonable gambling.

This.

It's like saying "I wish i put all my money into that random pennystock shilled on chinese forums, it turned out to be right and up 350%!!!".

It's irrelevant, it's a foolish decision.

I bet $6,000 after Pussygate. Wish I'd bet more but I got cold feet. Still pretty good.

I came here to gloat about how I just made £5000 off the whole situation but really I could've just as easily lost the £1500 I (((invested))).

Don't feel bad about playing things safe, after all... slow and steady wins the race.

T. Guac.

>tfw you bet on Clinton initially, then cashed out and bet the house on Trump once you saw he was winning Michigan

Did you guys not see all the dubs they were getting in /pol/? Did you actually honestly believe /pol/ could ever be wrong?

Tell me about it, I just lost around £1200.

warosu.org/biz/thread/S1590558#p1594011

What is happening is so bizarre I don't even feel upset about this. I don't know anymore.

Lol. Me 2 lad.

Been calling it from day 1

forgot tripcode for proof, not that it matters anyway, who would admit to losing

Absolute horseshit. All you had to do was look at the actual data behind the polls and you would realise this was always going to happen. Serves you right for listening to mainstream media about anything.

I won £6400.

>and you would realise this was always going to happen.

After-timers like you are the best.

/pol/ > Veeky Forums

I just cleared 250k. Was a good day. Yesterday I was considering bankruptcy as a way to deal with 60k of credit card debt, today I need to learn what the fuck to do now that I have money.

MAGA!

Send me some of it bro.

Honestly if you didn't hedge your bets you're an idiot. Anyone could see that a large part of the country was significantly pissed off to vote against the establishment candidate. Considering the Brexit vote saying a thing wasn't possible was delusional. People tend to sick of the same old shit. Trump won't change much, he'll scuttle climate change and maybe renegotiate some free trade agreements and probably support increases to security and the military budget. People who voted for him will probably be pissed because he won't live up to their expectations and will go along with the Republican party line for the most part. You could see some direct interventions if his popularity sags. Things won't be radically different than they are under Obama

the trump campaign's internal polls showed clinton was going to win. on election afternoon campaign officials still said they'd need a miracle to win. this blindsided a lot of people in- and outside the mainstream media.

good on you for winning. gambling for fun and entertainment is fine and legal. just don't pretend this was some brilliant """investment""" of yours. if this was just about running the numbers your bookie would have done the same as you and given you terrible odds.

Most markets were saying Hillary was gonna win between over 300 EC votes and I was like no way, I thought she'd win narrowly at 272 but not by Barack Obama tier margins.

I agree with you about not a lot changing. Pence is essentially POTUS right now and Trump is the puppet.

I don't think that wall is getting built and he probably won't have a special prosecutor to jail Hillary. That was all to get people riled up.

If you actually looked at the polls for the last month, like looked at more than the one line they repeat on the MSM, you would have seen they were oversampling democrats anywhere from +1 to +11, or +5 women, despite the primaries having +1 republicans.

If you looked at what Clinton and Obama spent the last day or two doing (rallies in the rust belt), you would be able to infer that the only reason they were going hard in the 'blue wall' was because they were fucking scared.

If you only get one source of information, especially the MSM, you're going to get blindsided. He was massively underpriced, which presented a great opportunity to clean out some bookies.

Thinking you were "onto something" is a common high after winning a lot of money. He was most likely sweating his balls off. No one predicted that virginia was going to be that close, for me that's when I realized Trump was going to win, and predictably that's when odds spazzed the other way to Trump.

Lol man, quit after-timing so hard man, it's pathetic really. Only LATimes gave Trump a chance, every other poll had Clinton +4 or +3, And Obama was campaigning in NC the last few days while Hillary was in FL and Ohio with Lebron James. No one foresaw, not the clinton staffers, or the trump staffers, thought that WI,MI and PA would turn into battle ground states. That was a huge curve ball.

This. He doesn't have any govermening experience, he'll just do whatever the rep party advisors tell him to do. Which is imo good, the president has too much power, and most of the time it's for worse.

What you don't have excuse about is missing on buying bitcoin. If you had some, your wealth would be up today.

I'm sorry to say this.

But if you're not buying a fuck ton of AMRS and holding in for a year..

Holy shit, you're an idiot

Dude wanna make some more? Buy WAVES right now. like 20k-50k worth and you will be a happy man trust me. Full nodes are being released as we speak and it's almost at the old ATH. .37 cents right now will easily go to 1$+. Or don't and kick yourself when you ignore this. It is the new ethereum if you've heard of that, which I'm sure you will if you're in biz.