What makes the Corvette so cheap compared with other big-engined sports cars?

What makes the Corvette so cheap compared with other big-engined sports cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0AvYoagWO1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2Tbm4znJOsE
youtube.com/watch?v=hy_apt_Ku_c
youtu.be/e6GeN6Moth0
youtu.be/9qWYJQClIyY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Low quality materials, less than average build quality, lack of luxuries and technology.

only the last one is correct desu
id make a case for the cooling system in earlier models being mediocre for the amount of power the engine is expected to put out, but thats about it

They sell.

They can be mass produced to much lower cost than any other cars of its class. Also they use a lot of plastic and cheaper materials where carbon fiber or alloys would be.

Overall though, look up how many corvettes sell vs. its class. Granted a lot of that is because of the price, but it's kind of a never-ending cycle. It also explains why vettes were always one or two steps behind the competition. They used high budget super car companies as buffers to see what worked or not then gave it to the corvettes. GM would never risk Ferrari/Konnigobongo numbers of R&D.

T. Corvette fan btw, I want a c7 in a couple of years?

The automotive editors used to talk about problems they had with the Corvette, now they literally don't have any because Chevrolet adressed them all.

I have 15.000 $

Is this enough for a manual C5?

Fuck yea it is. Depending on where ypu are they could go for cheaper

I live in North California.

They'll be a bit high mileage but the fuckers are bulletproof and reliable, I'd say yes.

Okay, thanks

Oh I love a good quiz! :-) :-) :-)
Ok my first guess would be:
The cheap materials they use inside and outside.

shitty american quality

Do you mean 15 dollars or 15 thousand dollars?

. replaces , in euro numbers

Less cost in designing as it literally knocked the design of a Ferrari F12.

And as others said, shit build quality.

I can't believe that a base Corvette is many of them's dream car. I'd say that's the car for the unsuccessful people who wanted to buy a Ferrari but instead just went for a cheap ass knockoff.

Fuck you

truck engines bro

>made in Kentucky
>relatively high volume
>lots of parts sharing with lesser GM products (C5 door handles on the Impala, Cobalt/Malibu steering wheel on the C6, radios from various other models)
>engines used in higher volume trucks and SUVs

>not a corvette, but its white trash step sister
>LS1 Trans Am
>less than $5000 easy

>shit looking interior but comfy
>less handling than corvette but overall a similar driving experience

its a cheap fast car. the c5 LS1 corvette is taxed compared to the LS1 fbodies

>truck engine
>fisher price interior
>leaf springs

american """"engineering"""" at its finest

Gm fangirls btfo

Ak47 utilizes some of the loosest tolerance standards of any firearm. Still the most prolific firearm in the world. Still works when pulled from sand.

GTFO.

And yet it still destroys the competition that costs 2 or 3x more....

inb4 autism.

hey retards, did i ever say anything about the corvette being trash?

no, i didn't. its cheap as shit and the build quality is absolute garbage, but it can definitely punch above its weight.

burgerfats shove a fuckhuge engine into an age old chassis and strap massive tires on it and it works for some reason. see:
>every shelby/cobra/gt350
>hellcats
>viper
>zl1/z28
>cts-v

>nismo gt-r

its a lot more expensive desu

>damage control

>implying corvettes don't have excellent chassis

c6 z06 is an aluminum chassis with cf and fiberglass panels. with monoleaf rear suspension that offers lower cog than typical setups while being lighter

also they have good weight distribution, excellent braking and steering

the only thing that is shit is the interior and even then its pretty nice. really comfortable leather seats and simple driver orientated layout

if the C6 was Japanese you fags would think its the second coming of christ

>$60,000~ is damage control

you could buy an older GT-R and a z07 for the price kek

So you admit the gtr is faster?

And it would get raped by the z06. Even the old z06 did kek

the complete lack of refinement, also they don't bother with development at all.

not only is it faster, its probably easier to drive fast. and launch easier because its AWD. and corner because it has torque vectoring

but its not the raw experience the corvette offers

>not wanting RWD manual

the corvette is still using industry leading suspension technology. i don't know why Veeky Forums thinks these cars are oldschool or something. they are using electronically controlled magneride adaptive suspension. after market coilovers don't have shit on Delphi

In this case, you get what you pay for.

youtube.com/watch?v=0AvYoagWO1Y

youtube.com/watch?v=2Tbm4znJOsE

youtube.com/watch?v=hy_apt_Ku_c

>I had no problem running down the GTRs, but overheating sent me to the pits after about 4 hard laps in the heat of 85 degrees

Z06 might be faster for about 4 laps maximum.

GM know's the average Vette customer is over 55 and it's very unlikely that his Vette will ever be used on a track. They know it's going ot be used to drive to work occasionally and to the country club on weekends, it is a GT car after all. Even if you have to spend $2k on aftermarket cooling it's still way cheaper than the competition.

But yeah you get what you pay for.

I swear i have to do this everytime.
Corvette>GTR

Memelords are everywhere on Veeky Forums

>fake lap times
Gm fangirls so fucking desperate

Shit quality.

a better question is why are european sports cars so overpriced? the answer is that yuros are pretentious cunts willing to pay.

>Comparing a firearm to a sports car
Kill yourself

K. You wanna btfo? Ok.
Heres your precious GTR doing 1:37.8 on Laguna Seca by Motortrend. The same guys who you swear YOUR lap times by
youtu.be/e6GeN6Moth0

And heres the corvette, same track, Motortrend accomplishing 1:33.5 and beating your GTR to shit.
youtu.be/9qWYJQClIyY

Take your GTR meme elsewhere.

The nismo is faster.

>1:33
More payed gm times.

The gtr has won every head 2 head

Try again

watch some videos that show the research and development process
much effort is put into simplifying construction and reducing the need for redundant quality control

then contrast with the production process of the bmw mini
yes they do a lot of quality control and just in time micro management
but it does little to help the car perform out in the real world

WASTED FUCKING GET
A
S
T
E
D

>Less than $5000 easy
Market's bad for buyers where I live right now.
The cars that should be listed for $6500 are getting up to $8000, I don't get it.

The Nismo is a $175k car. Literally over twice the price of a Z06. Put that 90k into a vette and see if you stand a whirlshit chance of beating it on a track with your Nismo.

You wont.
The standard GTR is a worthy contender because its around the same price range.

Hilariously, the Nismo is over twice as expensive and BARELY faster.

Btfo.

So you admit gm can't compete?

Fuck off you gm frock fan girl

GM = God Machines

Prove me wrong. I'll wait.

The Viper is built on a unique chassis. The C7 was designed new from the ground up. It shares nothing structurally with other GM products.

More like general malfunctions

Don't try to act funny and shit you lame ass faggot.

There is literally acres of shitty plastic and fake leather everywhere. The body uses plastic, some of the carbon fibre is fake, the electrics are GM.

That's the whole concept. A fast sports car that you don't have to be super rich to afford.

'murica

Cant turn
Blows up
Slow
Plasticky shit

I find it pathetic finding older folks driving around in base corvettes. I mean step it up guys, work hard or smart and get some money shitting on you and buy a nicer car!

>if the C6 was Japanese you fags would think its the second coming of christ

This is true. The only thing holding the corvette back is its association with GM

> I don't like the facts so they must be fake

Do you guys realize how stupid you sound when you Meme this agreement?