My battery in my 04 Ranger XLT is dead, and I need a new one...

My battery in my 04 Ranger XLT is dead, and I need a new one. I see people recommending very from Yellow/RedTops to Walmart batteries to Interstate. Anyone have any recommendations? I have a few things that pull aux power but I'll be switching those to a second battery at some point soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

odysseybattery.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's in there now is a 590 CCA, and I'm trying to see which alternator it has, since its the 4.0 (which either has a 90, 95, or 115)

Costco sells great batteries.

Those are interstate now, right?

Yes.

>Costco sells great batteries.
So does Sam's Club. Interstate is one of the brands at those warehouse shopping club stores.

Go get a battery from federated autoparts if you have one in your area, it should give you years of trouble free life.

They are made by dekka/eastern Penn

Don't by anything electronic from autozone especially ... duralast from advance is also shit tier.

optima from amazon.

Optima are shit. Made in Mexico, and the plates fail quickly.

odysseybattery.com

Superior product. Also available at sears as Die Hard platinum.

No worries. I'll be hitting the local Costco. Although I'm curious, and now I want to hear from any other Ford Ranger owners; my 04 XLT is a 4x4 model, which leads me to question what alternator I have, because it looks like they had 3 different ones that could go into it...

Die Hard is actually what the guy I bought it from had in it.

it's worth it when it's only 40 bucks more than a traditional battery.

Goto an Advance Auto Parts and ask for a battery over the sell by date. They keep them in the back. My local aap sells them for 50% off and theyre brand new.

Pretty much any battery will do just fine if you take care of it. Dont run it flat, keep it topped up with water and make sure your alternator is working properly

If you can pull a P/N off the side or take some pictures of any visible numbers you can probably find out exactly what you have

>Advance Auto Parts
>a battery over the sell by date
>50% off
The thing is, AAP charges twice as much as Costco.

Got to advanceauto.com, buy your battery for pickup in store, but use the coupon code TRT30. That's 30% off your total purchase.

You won't find a better deal anywhere.

Its a chunk of fucking lead and some acid.

Just get the cheapest one.

>Ford
Motorcaft, ACDelco secondary.
Don't fall for battery memes.

>Die Hard platinum
Diddn't DieHard Platinum get discontinued? They still offer the Gold AGM though...

Not to sound patriotic but any decent American made batteries? Or is that no such thing

DieHard Platinum, or anything based on the Odyssey.

I bet when you need parts you go to the dealer, rip your pants off and scream "FUCK ME DADDY"

Yea, the OLD Optima batteries are very good, and still good if you can get ahold of one.

Dekka/EasternPenn are OK, the Die Hard Platnum AGM are very good and there is one more that is an interstate, its one of their stupid expensive premium batteries though.

For all except the Dekka/Eastern Penn you will pay ALOT...