>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

revzilla.com/common-tread/video-how-to-bleed-motorcycle-brakes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Harley Davidson produce oversized, underpowered engines in overpriced, ugly bikes that cater to people looking for the "biker" image rather than creating quality, reliable, worthwhile motorcycles.

Also everyone that rides them wears pic related.

>Yamaha R3
The Best Beginner Bike®

What I read was
>I can't afford it
>stop liking what I don't like
>I'm 12 and think that everyone else is wrong

See. Nothing but meme's here kids

:)

>Triggered cruiser cuck detected

You should go back to redit

Pls explain how harley davidson cruisers outperfome a sports bike.

Ohhhh these kids are salty
>DEBATE ME ON THE INTERNET
faggots

>M..MUH PERFORMANCE
Triggerd as fuck!

>Cant prove anything
Stay mad nobike.

C O M F Y

O

M

F

Y

Harley's are a different bike to sport bikes they are a cruiser with torque not hp, I've ridden both and both have their own perks, Harley's are relyable as fuck just different riding styles

>pic very related

M...MUH HARLEY

Triggered as fuck.

A 120r motor will beat a 1000 sports bike if ridden by the right person.

Victory>........

Harley

>overpriced
Never got that from them. You can find Sportsters on the cheap. But yeah, I don't understand how some people can spend 25 thousand dollars on a bike and only put a dozen miles on it.

>>>

Again no proof.

Is it a bad idea to get my next bike off gumtree?

My dad says its not a good idea as theres no guarantee it will be in good condition, no warranty etc.

Kids, if you want to talk about bikes you don't own there's usually a thread on b and a whole board on reddit

Have never seen one in person

[Citation needed]

Agreed

Its is you sir that got mad at other anons because they claimed cruisers are garbage.

Overpriced = poor people crying
Stay salty Lil triggerd fella
You forgot to tip your fedora, faggot

Actually anyone can afford a harley. Check your local craigslist.

But just because you CAN afford one doesn't mean you should buy one

There are a lot of more capable bikes for solo, two-up, touring, going fast, shit roads/weather, etc, but harley alone doesn't deserve shit for making garbage bikes. Cruisers in general compromise ground clearance, suspsension travel, and engine performance for a traditional image

Also see:
Sport tourers with no excuse for being that heavy

As in used?
What prevents you too from just checking it out beforehand
>actually i know, your dad sounds like the kind of idiot who takes his shit to the dealer for every little niggling

You can easily knock 50% off year old bikes
Anything else is usually under 25% msrp

Unless you plan to buy something that relies on that warranty to even get out of the driveway it'll be a waste of cash

IMO getting a bike used is a grat experience, any issues you didn't spot when buying it will just teach you to work on your stuff

>sport tourers with no excuse for being that heavy
>posts vfr
The irony

Dance my puppet.

>tl;dr

It's a fat bike

tldr

>paying the same for a worse motorcycle
>2016
>"but muh americana"
>being a cuck

Can one of you faggots explain to me why Harley Davidson bikes are considered unreliable? I mean just look at the fucking thing. It's literally two huge cylinders and a belt. What is there even that can go wrong?

>this thread
Why do you make it so easy?

it just doesn't werk

Harley ain't American m8.
Old ones leaked a looooot.
But I hear the newer ones ain't so bad.
I don't mind harley, just the community behind it

Well, the belt
Also the cylinders may occasionally have compression

It's not American but it's americana

Like a mickey mouse hat made in china

Kek. I like to speak Spanish to hardcore harley guys. Then they get mad when I explain it's because their bike is Mexican

I'm doing it senpaitachi. I'm taking a class the 11th, getting my license the 15th and hopefully I'll have a motorcycle by the 20th. You guys convinced me. I've found a fair amount of info on good starting bikes, and read the stickies, but what would be your recommendation for a first bike? New/used, and what would your price limit be? Would you caution again getting a loan for it? Any other advice/comments for a new rider?

Second hand, up to £1500

wr 125

There's comfort, too. Cruisers have some of the most comfortable ergos out of all the motorcycles.

Are you American?

I wouldn't spend more than $2,000 on it.

Ninja 250 is good

Fjr 1300

Stretched Hayabusa

I'm very afraid that I might not make it through the first semester of uni and that makes it hard for me to learn pls help

Move to the US if you're not already there. Buy a cheap (

What do you need uni for when you have a bike?
You won't survive until graduation anyway.

>ABS
inb4 autism
Why would anyone want to live in the US tho

See one of my professors rides an xj6 and he's past 50 already so I wouldn't be able to sure about that

Because it's ok to shoot niggers here. Duh

>why would anyone want to live in the US

You can buy any bike you want without nobike politicians telling you it's too scary and dangerous because it has a big number after the name.

Your problem is having niggers in the first place

Do you know why this thread is filled with nobikes?
Because the actual bikers have a 90% yearly attrition rate.
Just posting in /dbt/ is a risk factor.

So you're a nobike

If you don't have niggers you probably live somewhere that's too third world even for them

Second world actually

No such thing. Nigger supporter

Thanks for the advice. What do you mean by flat foot?

Why would I buy a bike?
It's not like the captcha asks for your VIN before allowing you to shitpost.
Let's not kind ourselves, it's 2.58th world at best.
t. knower

>tfw living in a Tier 0 country

Feels good man

>sit on bike
>both feet flat on ground

And seriously be very careful with any and all fairings, avoid them if possible. They're like $500 each and a PITA to repair.

The unbalanced engine design inherently tries to shake the bike to death, for one.

I'm, hmm...um...hmm

>t. ptwin scrub

90deg v-twins are fine, Harleys have an uholy 45deg v-angle so you can masturbate while riding.

being cucked by any sv650 or mt07, pretty much known as the two best beginner bike.

kys

kys dumb nigger poster

r3

just like what the sticky says, buy a used bike, probably not a good idea to take out a loan for it.
Good bikes: SV650, GS500, Ninja 500 if you want a sport bike. If you can find a V-Strom, Versys, or a CB500X they would also make good starters if you are tall enough to reach the ground.

Is there any rule of a thumb when it comes to the age of a bike?
There's a lot of 2003-2004 stuff I could go check relatively close to me but the idea of a 10+ yo bike doesn't appeal to me much.
How old is too old?
Looking for something along the lines of sv650 or fz06.

>only occasionally do cylinders in harley engines exhibit characterists of compression

EX250 is best beginner bike for the non pigfatties. cheapest, most fun, teaches most about riding fundamentals

it should have a proportional amount of miles to its age. if you're looking at a 2003 or 4 with like 5k miles that means that bike has been sitting around for a long fucking time. this is bad juju obviously. you want a comfortable amount of miles showing that the bike was at least ridden frequently and obviously signs that the owner gave a shit about it and took care of it

The only downside I see to getting a 250 is that, around me, most of the longer stretches of highway are 70-75mph, and my GS500 is spinning at 6k or above out of 11k at that speed. I like that the EX250 is lighter, but depending on what he plans to do with the bike makes the difference. I don't want to say that you want a bike to "grow into" but you want something that feels comfortable in the role you want for it.

i used to ride my EX250 on the freeway at literal redline in 6th for hours. the good thing about an EX250 is you don't care about blowing up the engine. you don't need it to last forever, you just need it to last long enough to pawn off onto the next learner for what you bought it for. the bike is most likely going to be crashed and totalled long before the engine goes boom so you don't even have to feel bad about it.

stats don't lie, 1/2 as reliable as jap bikes.

what criteria do they use for reliability?

>mad lad fastest in FP2 by 1/2 a second

RAIN MAN

How many hours user?

if something fails that shouldn't have within a specific timeframe due to usage patterns which should be inducing normal wear and tear.

Do i qualify to join DTB now?

when you need to cruise to the designated shitting streets in style

>that color

abs disg

POO

Trouble shooting brake problems. Why does my front brake feel firmer when hot? Seems like when my bike has been sitting in the sun the front brake is more responsive. Front brake lever bottoms out to the bar when cold. Any ideas?

INFO:
sv650s w/gsx-r 750 front end
galfer steel braided brake lines
after market psr brake reservoir
standard dot 4 fluid

tried pumping the brakes before taking off when it's cold?

English Engineering/ 10

degas your break fluid

Yes. I pumped the lever for a solid five minutes both with the cap on and off. No change.

What is that and how can I do it?

The other day on a three hour ride the front calipers seized up and the reservoir over-flowed a bit.

not how you do it.

revzilla.com/common-tread/video-how-to-bleed-motorcycle-brakes

Does anyone know of any good twisties in Auckland, NZ? Cheers cunts

I cycled half a bottle through but maybe that wasn't enough. It couldn't hurt to do it again. Brake fluid is cheap.

go to south island

Hi what's a good vegan diet?

Steak