How do I become a professional racer/driver

How do I become a professional racer/driver

Other urls found in this thread:

uber.com
motorsport-sales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=305&products_id=5861
youtube.com/watch?v=hZrF9U1ehK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Find someone to pay you to race/drive

Wont happen. You literally have to be born into that shit and raised from day one on it. You'll find this to be true in NASCAR, F1, MotoGP/Isle of Mann, etc....

People don't realize just how expensive it is. You need a tremendous amount of resources just to make it to that level. Unless you have a family history of racing, it's going to be very difficult for you to break through and have any kind of meaningful career.

>Isle of Man
This seems like the exception out of the ones you listed, there are some privateer teams on relatively small budgets in some classes. Probably the same goes for the lower nascar tiers too

born to a rich family with interest in racing.

Pretend to be one in /ovg/ and shitpost in the thread on your videos to work

>How do I become a professional driver
uber.com

Its very possible to become a race car driver without being born into it/being rich like the two anons stated above but you have to be VERY good. Put your 100+ hours in.

>not being a pro sim racer

>100+ hours
that doesn't sound like much

Lel
>Lyft.com

+ hours
>that doesn't sound like much
It's 2 weeks. The tripfag is suggesting anyone can become a race car driver in a 2 week workshop.

Okay so becoming a f1 or NASCAR driver is off the table but how about other events
Like profesional drifter or something like that

to be fair, you can get a race license in well under 100 hours. but that's not quite the same as being a pro racing driver

Most drifters are rally professionals on top of that

Exactly, having a racing license doesn't make you a race car driver. Except the F1 license, if you have that you're probably a professional already.

I never said putting in 100 hours would make you pro. but it would sure as shit make you a better driver than most people on this board.

Also to clarify i said 100+ hours.

>Practicing driving makes you a better driver
>Water is wet
>by 100+ I actually mean 10,000, but that's over 100, so I'm still right :^)
Kill yourself.

step 1. be V E R Y wealthy
step 2. do not be poor

skill literally doesn't matter

daddies money can put you into an f1 car with no experience if you have that type of money

its typically called "fuck you" money, not many people have it.

>daddies money can put you into an f1 car with no experience if you have that type of money
It literally can't. Educate yourself.

ladies first.

Well I believe if you start in local competitions and work your way up from events you can possibly land into GT events. From what ive read from anons in the past is finding a sponsor or a business to drive for is your best friend.

I want to get into local events and stuff, hopefully a FD will be able to help me be competitive in the handling aspect

there is literally nothing on this earth that money can't buy.

yeah, its going to take a metric fuckton of money, but you can do anything you want with enough $$$$, including strapping yourself into an f1 car with no experience.

Google FIA Super License. Don't reply before you read at least the wikipedia entry.

>is a qualification allowing the licence-holder to compete in the Formula One World Championship as a driver. The licence is issued to drivers who have met criteria of success in junior motorsport categories, or in exceptional circumstances, those who have not met those criteria but have demonstrated "outstanding ability in single-seater formula cars" and achieved 300 kilometres (190 miles) of running in a Formula One car.

i guarantee that if you have enough money (read: many millions/billions/trillions) someone will gladly hand you a fia super license devoid of any skill/experience.

be reborn into a rich family, then race go karts several hours a day.
otherwise no chance.

You don't. You can buy a $60k F1 car, take it to a track and pretend your a professional racer, that's about it.

> $60k

more like buy an f1 steering wheel and make vroom noises in your basement

Obviously not one from the current millenium specced and/or used for actual races.

>how much GBP is a real racecar steering wheel mommy???
>i hope its not too much as i still want tendies...

Be very, very rich.

Alternatively find someone very, very rich to pay for your hobby

Even those that are raised in a racing car from as soon as they are able to hold a steering wheel need a shitload of money to race.

Schumacher's son, for example, did a lot of karting and he's now racing in two Formula4 championships (German and Italian) with one of the top teams and those guys can charge you 40-50k euros per race. Of course that is a price for a top team, small teams can ask half of that, but that gives you a reference to understand how pricey things can get.
Consider Formula4 is the most basic formula you can get that is still FIA sanctioned, the jump to formula3 is tremendous (cars cost at least 6x as an F4, engines alone are leased for a bit less than €100k)

So, again, you need money.
Skill is needed too if you are aiming for the very top like F1 or LMP1, but for everything else you mostly need money. Got a million to spare? Buy yourself a seat in a GTE at LeMans and don't forget a few dozen ks to pay for a couple of other pros to race with you.

Don't forget drivers are first and foremost customers of a racing team. In the great sea of motorsport drivers, only a handful of them are paid by the factory/team, a slightly bigger handful are paid by other drivers to race with them and everyone else has to pay (out of pocket or using sponsors) the team to race.

A F1 might be a little hard to find at that price but there's lots of other formula cars in that range.

motorsport-sales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=305&products_id=5861

Start with a rich as fuck daddy. He probably worked for Bob Lutz at some point.
Start kart racing at 10.
Parents push you to the breaking point.
Try out jr dragsters at 11 just to see if you're good at those.
Mess around with some hobby that has the word "moto" in it at some point, break too many bones, go back to asphalt or packed dirt surfaces.

Your dad will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on you just to see if you're good enough to even toilet bowl race at El Dora.This is how a very good percentage of professional drivers get started.

Failing a rich daddy to fund it all you may have to remortgage your house 2 or 3 times just to find out you have to build those skills from nearly birth to make it.

>Don't forget drivers are first and foremost customers of a racing team. In the great sea of motorsport drivers, only a handful of them are paid by the factory/team, a slightly bigger handful are paid by other drivers to race with them and everyone else has to pay (out of pocket or using sponsors) the team to race.

Forgive my ignorance but you got a citation for that?

>kart racing at 10
most of the top drivers started younger than that

rarely, one or two drivers make it to the top without starting out in karting

move to nc. drive mountain pass. do motor cross or something else. then pray

You're right. Honestly I didn't even read the thread before I posted my response. Looks like there's a lot of agreement here.

I did used to drag race with a guy that tried to race NHRA top alcohol without a major sponsor. Lost everything in the process. He should've stuck to being the fastest car at our local track...

>most of the top drivers started younger than that
I went karting when I was 12 once. The owner of the track asked my parents how long I had been karting because apparently I fucking shattered some lap records. Back then I didn't think much of it, I just had fun. Today I know what I was doing was riding the very edge of grip, going to the absolute limits of that little kart. My mom got scared and I wasn't allowed to ever kart again after that. I wasn't until very much later that I realized that was the only chance at becoming a professional race car driver I would ever have. Sad day.

Do that in your daily drive on turns then. Thats what i do... It's expensive though. Need new brakes/cleaned brakes and tire rotations every 6000 miles.

are you rich? if not then you'd still have no chance. karting competitively is fucking expensive. kids arrive at race weekends with their own mechanics and trucks full of gear.

i watched this series a while back. yes it's sensationalized reality tv shit but it does show how ridiculous a supposedly affordable form of motorsport has got
youtube.com/watch?v=hZrF9U1ehK8

>hurrr you habs to hab A GORILLIONS dollar :DDD
There have been guys who placed competitively in WRC racing with only a $250 old shitbox or something

I guess we would've had enough to carry me until a sponsor takes over. The owner of the kart track thought I'm some kind of prodigy, I hope he didn't know what he was talking about.
>Do that in your daily drive on turns then.
I do that in my GT86 every day, even if I have nowhere to be. :^)

>did bandit car racing with an ef and a 2nd gen lude for about 3 years on a 1/4 oval track
>won 2nd place overall my 1st season but mainly because i showed up for every race,finnished 3rd the next two seasons(maybe 20-30 people would race with some consistancy at this track)
>Local mom and pop pizza place "sponsored" me, they were my dads family friends and basically just paid my entrance fee sometimes to put a few stickers on my car.
>wanted to go out to road america for some time attack leagues or whatever they call them, never got around to it.
yeah racing for fun is the best you can achieve if you havent been groomed user, and track racing is a good way to hemorrage money and get a drinking problem.