Cars are still being made without power windows

>cars are still being made without power windows

Why? For what purpose?

cheap

One less part to break you millennial, same reason your black dad drives stick

i like this, on every car I've ever owned with power windows i have had to take apart multiple doors to fix window issues... and its such a pain in the ass.

>black
>dad
>stick
Choose 0

I don't understand this comment.

I dunno. Work trucks such as pic related tend to have it for reasons.

Because not everyone wants to pay for power windows

CHEAP SHIT
LIGHT WEIGHT

Reliability man. When I bought my 09 Landcruiser I told the lad no carpet, no power windows, no power mirrors and no electronic controls of the air con system. The first Cruiser on the lot had all of these things, owned it for two years now.

Windows will still be working and mirrors won't be flapping about on broken actuators for a long time yet.

because racecar

I have a 21 year old lexus that has its original power windows after the car has been through at least 3 accidents.

Its cheap and doesn´t break at all.

/thread

You're not smashing through the scrub in a meter of water your Lexus though. That tends to ruin power window regulators and power mirror actuators pretty consistently in all fourbies from all brands.

My old '84 Trans Am had the original regs too. Slow, but still worked A1.

>You're not smashing through the scrub
Good point

Basic weight reduction without stripping the interior. Pretty common knowledge among actual street racers.

because electricity isn't available everywhere

>doesn´t break at all.
i have a 1994 saturn shitbox and 3 out of the 4 windows won't roll down past halfway

>95 century- power window sucked
>2005 dodge caravan- power windows fell down when cold

>05 ranger, manual windows- absolutely no issues

>winding windows up and down is ~SOOOOOO~ hard!

Man, kids these days.

it's light than an electric motor

power windows are shit

>Work trucks such as pic related tend to have it for reasons.
...and that reason is, you can carry more payload without overloading the vehicle.

I fucking agree to that...

The driver's window of my car just broke and is stuck closed
Going to hit the road in a couple hours, I should be working on this shit and the deflated tyres

It's because it's cheaper, you fucking retard.

>work vehicles being used as work vehicles
>shit getting in the doors and switches, motors going out

I'll never understand why people need muh power shit, I used to have an 02 impala, went from power locks/windows/mirrors/functioning AC/ABS etc to the only comforts are power steering and brakes.

>nearly 36 years old
>windows still crank up and down just fine
>wing windows latches work great
>rear sliding window just werks

Fuck, the only things I've replaced on this truck is the motor and rebuilt the trans, and replaced the front calipers, everything I've replaced still worked too, unless you count the 35 year old heater core leaking.

>heater core starts leaking
>route hose from top of manifold right to radiator, continue on my way unphased

Wrong. The passenger window on my e36 falls through the window winding mechanism if you try to wind it down.

>germans doing anything right

You can't make this shit up

I had a bad experience with the cheap plastic of my first car (Suzuki). So I've had just as much problems with manual windows as power.

Though I've had problems with more cars due to power windows. Ford doesn't do interiors. Ford uses really bad power windows...

The manual windows in the car i grew up in have been far less reliable than all the electric windowed cars I've owned since.
I've never witnessed an electric window motor breaking personally, so i'm guessing it's only still made is because of cost.
Because they are just shit.

I bet your that kind of person who asks, "Why do some cars still have key ignition??? why not push start??? Get with the times grandpa!!!"

So you cough up more doe for the power windows

>*bzzz-crack*
>*window slides down into door*
>500 bucks in the shop or an afternoon of fiddling around with the door
>you already know the other windows will fail soon aswell
thank you based power windows

The caveat to that is my power windows fuse is the same as my ignition fuse. That got me out of a jam once.

takes 30 minutes to fix. a broken motor/bowden cable/little plastic piece of shit that holds your entire window on the other hand is an absolute pain in the ass.
Try to fix a power window on any modern car without breaking something, it's impossible because everything is made of plastic.

Bit of a struggle if you want to lower/raise other windows than that one right next to you.
Especially when driving, and it's dangerous.

stop being a manlet m8

It would still be dangerous to lean over and raise/lower the windows, comrade.
It's distracting and could make you end up in the ditch or into the bumper of a speeding freightliner.

>takes 30 minutes to fix
how?

I'm thinking of getting a z31 but most of the ones in my area have power windows. Is there a way to easily swap them out for manual ones? Muh weight savings plus, half the time the drivers window doesn't roll down

i wish there were new cars that came with less automated shit

its cheap
also it looks cheap which motivates the customer to take the next higher trim

>tfw my black dad drives stick

>i cant drive stick
>tfw my wives son can

Save money
Live better walmart

I don't get it, the part that fails most often is a plastic piece that's the same in both manual and power windows

It doesn't matter of your car has manual or power windows, what matters is I'd your car is a gigantic piece of shit that falls apart

bad goy, you were supposed to trade it in for a newer model before that gear broke.

At least it is easyer to fix than electric ones.

... What?

saves weight

how else do you think my Yaris achieves the laptimes it does?

Then pop the doors open and fix it you retard

OP truly is a "car guy"

>black people
>driving stick

Not sure if this was bait or not but I'm laughing pretty hard

I take it you and everyone else in this thread has manual windows then? Oh you dont? Then shut the fuck up retard.

I personally like how we still use the roll down windows gesture even if the common car is power windows

>t. honda boi

I need power windows because my windows are tinted and sometimes i need to roll down the passenger window quickly to flip off somebody

>cars are still being made without power windows

Power windows are good if you have kids or smart pet that might open windows and fall out. As the driver, you can press the power window lockout button. Once your dog finds out pushing that button opens the window, he will always be pushing it. My neighbor had that problem but solved it simply by pushing his lockout button. I suppose a dog isn't able to figure out how to roll the window down though so power vs manual is a wash for a dog as compared to a child.

It's literally just so that they can make power windows an option and make the base MSRP look lower. And then if you don't pay for the option, they will literally spite you with caveman technology even though it probably costs them more money to not include power windows.

My 2014 model has manual windows for the purpose of removing the doors more easily.

Weight reduction, also only amerifats need to be able to open a window without putting physical effort in.

How do you open the back windows when it's hot, then?
Not American either, before you start throwing cheeseburgers at me

Swapping the window motor/regulator is not that hard bro

>he doesn't even have electric windows
check out this povo cunt, I bet you even wash your own dishes.

No but it's a pain in the ass anyways

This
T. BMW onwer

Not really, I just point to the floor of my car and look at the other person while the automated window goes down and they get the idea

do your wipers break all the time?
because that's the same fucking thing with e. windows

the engine itself doesn't break, and the system is usually just a tiny bit heaver than the manual so that argument is also retarded

all the years i had cars with electrical widows and not a single problem related to them
the only thing i had to do was to replace the cables that hold the window because they snapped but that's the same thing could've happened with manual windows

face it, putting manual windows is simply cutting costs for poorfags, there is no philosophy behind it

I don't, since I don't drive a 5-door. I'd just open my window if it was hot enough to justify doing it.

Yes, your isolated experiences account for every vehicle out there with power windows, you fucking mong.

>manual windows having cables to hold them

It's like you don't even know how manual windows work.