Why do normies think that only the Skyline is illegal in the U.S...

Why do normies think that only the Skyline is illegal in the U.S. and they don't realize that every car under 25yrs old that wasn't originally sold here is illegal?

Most people know that

not idiots making YouTube comments every time I watch a video on a skyline

"It's illegal because it can outrun the cops"

what do you expect? all skyline fans are 12 and brain dead.

>I'm not 12 or brain dead...

Plus I'm buying an R31 not an R32

We're a self-centered people.
We can't concieve of the vast numbers of cars that were never sold here.
That said, most of them are/were shit.

Wow I completely fucked that up

Because when F&F came out the skylines people cared about were pretty illegal and rare at the time.

I own a R32 and have been pulled over because the cop wasn't aware that the R34 is the only illegal variant in the states for the next 9 years.

The best still is I heard a cop say
>why are you driving on that side?

Here just let me move my steering wheel and pedals for you officer

Pretty sure R33's are still illegal, friend.

No, they aren't.

R33s can be imported under VCP-32. Just pay 40k + the cost of the car itself because it needs a bunch of safety and emissions modifications until it's 25 years old. Even then, the car is not CA legal. Even after 25 it will be subject to additional emissions regulations in California.

The R32 is truly a work of art.

>commiefornia

Ftfy

So can my dad's anime learner bike, why is that legal to own?

I actually don't get why cops dislike RHD. It reduces risk in a traffic stop for them because they approach the vehicle from the side where there is no oncoming traffic.

i only learned about the 25-year rule when i started browsing Veeky Forums

when i watched F&F way back i just assumed the R34 was legal

California hates freedom.

California hates America.

Long ago I actually believed that they were illegal in the US before. I talked to people irl about it and they looked at me funny. The only successful time Veeky Forums has got me.

The only cars that are illegal are the ones that cant pass safety.
US has no program to make foreign cars road legal

American auto industry like the fact that Americans have their head in the sand about foreign cars a lot of the time. People will happily buy corollas and accords and tacomas because they are well known and Japs aren't hated anymore. Every person on the planet knows what a Mercedes or BMW is, and their reputation still lingers despite the fact that driving a German car in the US mean that somebody cut corners making it and most people barely service it. Anything American often reigns supreme because the big 3 try and have at least 1 car in every single car market, and have the blessing of half the population eternally even if they started selling 30 year old Lada's with no engine.

Cars like the Holden ute or modern day Ford Falcon were never imported because auto unions and GM/Ford know that they will either not be worth bringing over, or they will take away sales from their main products which hurts long term sustainability of manufacturing in the US.

I fucking hate how California is simultaneously one of the best places to live for anyone with an engineering degree and one of the worst places in the US for personal freedom.

Seriously, fuck this place. I want my guns and Skyline unfucked.

There is a program, you just have to pay ridiculous amounts of money. It's a de facto ban.

Civil disobedience motherfucker.

I don't know about you but im keeping my 15rd pistol mags and AR from out of state regardless.

was there a couple years where the skyline didn't make a left sided driver or something. I think there may have been something along those lines going on for a few years.

If you want to be the test case be my guest.

You don't need to make a Skyline LHD to drive it in the US. No requirements to do so. Plenty of RHD cars on the road.

Good
I would to

Fuck the man

>tfw have owned and daily driven multiple newer than 25yr RHD Japanese imports (grey market cars) with no problems

based florida living

You also have to deal with the shithole that is Florida. Thanks but no thanks.

Because they are normies.

>German car in the US mean that somebody cut corners

This is where I stopped reading.

I am not the one you were responding to but usually, especially in the 90's when an European car manufacturer bother to even export one of its European model to the US it meant no options and shitty engines (E36 M6 comes to mind).

The US, considering the state of it's automotive industry since the 70's, has missed on some of the greatest cars ever made.
And this only to protect an industry that had to be bailed out anyway.

>people who think RHD is illegal

They are the most special kind of stupid

IN their defense RHD is illegal in some parts of Canada (Cuckbec)

its a supply side problem
like where the fuck you going to get parts for something that can't handle the amount of road salt or shitty traffic that the us seems to have

k.. keep me posted

It's retarded considering how many mail trucks are RHD.

it would passing kind of awkward