Is touge racing still a thing in Japan? In the '90s you'd have people drifting down them all night...

Is touge racing still a thing in Japan? In the '90s you'd have people drifting down them all night, but I wonder if it's still the same.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W_Cnb74ldzc
youtube.com/watch?v=MP1eBxROP4k
youtube.com/watch?v=GwJH_bp0t4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I watched Initial D and am an expert on 90's touge

Ok, kid.

>

that's the most retarded statement ive ever heard and im not even OP. you can watch literally 10 minutes of video option and come to the same conclusion thats stated in the op, touge was a big movement in japan in the 90's.

yes, touge racing/drifting is still a thing in japan although on a much smaller scale, many touges still see almost nightly activity but the community now is much more tight-knit and obscure.
cops also frequently visit the more popular passes and just driving a slightly modified car at the touge at night is grounds for getting pulled over.

ill be dumping some pics because i also love 90's touge culture

thats the most retarded post Ive ever read

like legit mental deficiency levels

>I can watch it on youtube that means it was everywhere all the time

just sad

a classic

now youre just blatantly baiting

this image is very comfy

and here comes the its b8 because I dont like it numale behavior

you made a retarded statement on an user board least you could do is own up to it

I saw a youtube video about how popular drag racing in the streets of the US is, and yet I've never once seen a highway drag or back-road race in all my years of driving. I go to the mountain roads here and see nobody drifting around. I've never seen a single race or drift on public roads despite all the evidence on youtube that's it's a regular occurrence.

FUCKING SILVIA MIND

2 slow

yeah man

every Mustang spins out and crashes constantly

havent you seen the youtube videos?

go south. texas to virginia you can find back road drag racing.

I live in NC

literally never seen it even when I was hanging around all the local car clubs and shops

watching Street Outlaws and 1320videos doesnt give you an accurate representation of the world

>[muffled eurobeat music in the distance]

thats not nearly the same thing. the thing we're discussing here is wether touge drifting was a regular occurence in in 90's japan, which it was and there are plenty of evidence to support that claim.
>just because you can read about it in history books doesnt mean the french revolution really happened
this is how retarded you sound. the touge scene in japan was heavily documented in both magazines, videos, pictures and statements from people that were actually around back then.

I jack off to Pluspy every night.

same

Yep there is still touge drifting. I went to japan about a year ago and made this video. I have some decent touge footage if you guys want to check it out.
Touge footage starts at around 2:30
youtube.com/watch?v=W_Cnb74ldzc

Excellent use of Intergalactic.

thanks m8.

But I should clarify my friend edited the footage I filmed. I assisted with some of the editing and song choices but he mostly put it together.

We'll make another video when I go back to Japan in 3 weeks. Hopefully will be getting some more touge footage except in the day time.

Anybody have good touge videos? Please post.

youtube.com/watch?v=MP1eBxROP4k

yeah and the holocaust is "heavily documented" though it never happened

nice argument lmao

I had a buddy who was stationed in Japan for a couple years. He said according to the locals weeb culture killed it. It was hugely popular when Tokyo Drift came out, but fad died down quickly and the only people that were still doing it were shitheads that ruined it for everybody else and all the OGs quit. They still do cruises and stuff, but they no longer do competitive racing like they used to.

They still drift in the mountains. Witnessed it myself last year. Go watch the video link I posted

i made a music video once
youtube.com/watch?v=GwJH_bp0t4E

Very nice, I needed that
thx man

Im in western nc and aside from a few pickup cat and mouse drives at night I hardly ever see anyone doing anything that might be racing. We used to do it on highschool but that was backroad drags. Just because you dont see it doesn't mean it doesnt happen. A race starts and is over in 5 minutes most of the time. No one stands around at the race spot because thats a great way to get arrested. We always set times and places ahead of time then late friday or saturday night we would race.

I thought speedbumps or whatwver those sections of the road with super tiny bumps are called killed the scene, because safety

No. The Police cracked down on it heavily. It still goes on but it's much more controlled and not nearly so free these days.

The difference is that togue racing happened.

he said that they don't race any more, but they still cruise which I assume means drifting.

do you have any s30 drifties? these are really cool pics, thanks for the dump

Mountain running seems popular in northern California, whenever I go out I see a bunch of people there for the same reason.

I live in Asheville. I togue on the parkway regularly

There's plenty of YouTube channels features late teens and early 20s dudes ripping up out of the way public roads in the states.

The holocaust happened.
The reports were just stretched truth.

Touge racing happened.
Just not like reported.

Thinking Initial D is real is like think Fast and Furious is real.