Look, I know that Horror Fraught has their place. I have some HF tools. My jack and jackstands are Pittsburg...

Look, I know that Horror Fraught has their place. I have some HF tools. My jack and jackstands are Pittsburg, as are my torx and allen t-handles and prybars. But come-the-fuck-on, there is no fucking way on Earth that they should be calling out Snap-On, or almost anybody else for that matter, when it comes to pneumatic tools.

Snap-On, IR, Aircat, and Mac will all wipe the fucking floor with anything from HF. I know, because I've used almost everything out there. Even my POS Campbell Hausfeld impact gun is better than HF. And my Snappy? That's like comparing a Yugo to a Kenworth.

For Chrissakes, just stop with this nonsense.

>OP fell for the snap shit meme
>realizes he overpaid 3x for the same thing
>cries about it on Veeky Forums

For the value, there are some things I'd buy at harbor freight over snap on.
Also 50% discount at harbor freight fugg ye.

So do you have evidence that it won't hold up to the numbers advertised?

It's just as good as Snap On, plus a lot easier to exchange, because the Snap-On faggots are raging homos.

>user has never seriously worked on cars in his life if he thinks Snap-on is a meme

Ratchets and screwdrivers? There is absolutely, positively no comparison between Snap-on and other brands. Any other brand. When you've used the best, nothing else will do.

For my end wrenches and sockets, I have an eclectic mix of Snappy, Craftsman, Mac, Blue-point, Gearwrench, and Proto. I buy what's on sale, but still quality.

Im a master mechanic and i use a lot of hf stuff on the job that holds up really well. One of those items is the little 3/8 earthquake impact gun. Its become my go to impact for anything short of huge or super torqued nuts and bolts. Its great for taking wheels on/off, doing brake and front end work, etc. One thing i love about it is on the weakest setting forward it tightens to 80lbft. Which saves me from using a torque stick and my 1/2 matco to run down wheels before hitting them with a torque wrench. The middle setting is 150lbft on the nose which is great for running down truck lugs before torqing.
At $80 before the discount, its an amazing tool for the money. Been using it repeatedly on a daily basis for 2 years without failure.

The earthquake series is good. It would shock you who makes their new XT gun (not china...)

Fuck you OP.

I worked at Harbor Freight for a couple years. A lot of their stuff is shit but there are some things I would buy.

We got a ton of returns too but the thing is a lot of people are stupid and would use those tools for work. Those tools aren't meant for that kind of play.

What killed me this one time was this young guy came in said he was about to start at a dealership and came in and dropped a few thousand on a huge toolbox and box almost every tool in the store.

I have never had anything but extremely positive experiences with Snap-on customer service. One of my hand-me-down from my dad ratchets that is like 30 years old needed a rebuild kit, I called their 800 number, and no questions asked, they sent me a kit, didn't even have to pay postage. And it arrived in 2 days.

I can't ask for anything better than that.

>When you've used the best, nothing else will do.
>$105 for a standard 3/8" ratchet
Yeah nah

>It would shock you who makes their new XT gun
Click bait, the post.

>HUGE BLOWOUT!
>nobody's made a joke about it yet

I'm not sure about that.
Hand tools (wrenches)- Husky, I'm not shelling out more money for something that breaks just as often, plus I like how they feel unlike the narrow Strap-On wrenches. If I'm gonna buy a name brand wrench I'm gonna go Mac because those feel like awesome in my hand.
Hand Tools (not wrenches)- Cornwell. Same quality as Snap-On and Mac for 6/10s the price.
Hand Tools (specialty)- Lisle, which any of the three trucks will warranty.
Hand Tools (random crap I only need once, or will modify)- Pittsburgh

Electrical Equipment (scanners, multimeters, scopes, etc.)- I shop around for the best deal for exactly what I need.

Pneumatic tools- Cornwell (rebranded IR slightly cheaper)

Cordless tools/Corded tools- Milwaukee, you can't beat a 5 year warranty on the tool (Snap-On is 2yr) or a 2yr warranty on the battery (Snap-On is 1yr). I'd like to note that Milwaukee makes the Snappy cordless equipment.

Specialty tools (torque wrenches, micrometers, etc.)- Snap-On

>I change my own oil sometimes
We use the big names at our shop. Snap on is one of the best. The price covers LIFE TIME replacement. We break something, the truck stops by, new one given, no questions asked. Snap on is top tier for auto tools. Poor people pls go.

Hey I want to get a beginner MIG welder but don't know what one

help

What's the best battery impact for basic shit? Hex bit or 3/8?

Go on CL and find a used Hobart or Miller. And make sure the one you choose is a real MIG, not just a flux core.

>LIFE TIME replacement
Literally any tool company.

>poor people pls go
As a tech, I will tell you I've never met another tech netting more than 30k a year that bought only Snap-On.

Hex is for driving screws. You want a 3/8 for automotive stuff.

3/8
Hex is a drill

1/4 is best for at home type use.

Buy used.
Only buy Lincoln or Chicago if you can't find a decent one used

>literally any tool company
Except MANY MANY MANY companies have a caveat that it can't be used for shop work.

>anyone said only snap-op

harbor freights daytona floor jack is a carbon copy of the snap on one for 1/3 of the price. its the exact same thing just without the crap on logo. the snap on guy told me they were suing harbor freight or something. he got pretty butt flustered when i showed him the ad, especially because one of the techs at our shop got conned into actually buying that jack.
half my tool box is harbor freight. no problems. if something breaks, i can buy it 3 times again before im at the same cost of a mac/snap on/matco

>caveat
Pittsburgh, Husky, Craftsman, and Stanley have no such caveat. Granted, Sears will try to jew you on your warranty, Stanley you have to mail in, Home Depot employees don't know how to warranty shit, and Harbor Freight is actually pretty good about exchanges no questions asked.

I have read the HF one is alright for light welding work, as long as you don't use the wire that comes with it. I'd look for a used Lincoln on CL or garage sale

>tfw welder is only wire
Really the worst thing about mine is it only has a 1/2 adjustment for both power and heat.

The only cheap tools I regret buying are the impact guns. They are just too loud and vibrate so much when using that it is well unreasonable. using those tools is literally borderline painful

i heard someone else makes the tool snap on only puts their name on it

[spoiler]craftsmen[/spoiler]