2002 4runner sr5 with 216k miles, for 5,818 dollars, would you? Despite the miles, this car is immaculate...

2002 4runner sr5 with 216k miles, for 5,818 dollars, would you? Despite the miles, this car is immaculate, brand new tires as well.

Go for it..

but my family had a 2000 4runner limited and for some reason the motor went liquid shit on us. Dunno if it was bad maintenance or what

>14 year old truck
>216k miles
>$5.8k

fuck outta here toyota

If it's automatic watch out for strawberry milkshake.

Okay, will do.
???

it's not worth the "toyota reliability" meme tax

I don't know if it is a meme, in the real world, Toyota's are supremely reliable. 200k on a well maintained 4runner isn't terrible, and this one has been babied.

>$6K

pass

i think it's still too expensive for what it is

I have a trailblazer that's good for trade in, so I 100% won't be paying 5.8k. Should have mentioned that.

keep the trailblazer user

I'm looking for this gen 4runner as well
Yours seems expensive though and Toyota tax is fucking unreal

Do you think it's done depreciating or what? I've never heard of paying that much for a car with that many miles, but I don't ever look at what 4runners are going for either.

i think people are missing sight of the appeal of japanese cars

a toyota or honda isn't special in and of itself, it's special BECAUSE it's good and cheap

a corolla is special when it costs $2000

it's literally nothing when it costs $4000

it was great because it was CHEAP

If it were a corolla this would be true. But the 4runner is not a corolla.

Check for rust, big time. My friend in NYC is having a hell of a time finding a clean one. They can hide rust pretty well in terms of the body, but it's the frame you need to watch out for. Is this a northern truck?

Pic related is what a nice 3g frame should look like.

Don't.

Midwest, so just as bad. What are the worst spots to rust? Or just everywhere.

In your opinion, what would make a better off reading machine? The trailblazer or the 4runner. I've gotten into some sticky situations with the TB, and I do quite a bit of off reading. Will I be more satisfied with the Toyota?

the 4runner is probably better in every way for offloading

The spot on the frame passenger/rear where the exhaus tpipe passes nearby. Where trailing arm mount is welded to the frame as seen in my photo. Just look the whole thing over thoroughly. Watch out for plates already welded on. Factory welds are pretty nice and tidy.

I lucked out, my truck is a Northern-Midwest truck (Iowa and Chicago) but it hadn't seen a winter since '00. I sprayed the shit out of every little nook and cranny including inside of the frame to protect it.

>supremely reliable
>4runner and pickup v6s from like 1990 to 2004 are notorious for blowing head gaskets

The 3.0 is the head gasket eater. The 22r and the 3.4 are skookum as.

AvE