Why didn't the allies in WW1 or WW2 split up Germany and divide the territory among other countries...

Why didn't the allies in WW1 or WW2 split up Germany and divide the territory among other countries. It's obvious they can't be trusted with their own, unified country.

Idk, OP why did you make this bait thread?

Because saving Europe is too much trouble.

>France going past the Rhine, its natural border

1. France was the only ally that was hysterically butthurt about Germany.

2. The Germans seemed to like their unification, and would cause a great fuss over it.

3. The Allies were unwilling and unable to enforce Versailles as it was, let alone your Coldsteel-tier fantasy version.

4. They would've been giving Eastern Europe to the U.S.S.R. 20 years early.

I think Germany post World War 2 proved that they could trusted with their own country

It seems to me that Hitler was largely a fluke.

The anti-German hateboner on Veeky Forums is just a reaction against Naziboos that has itself grown into its own form of cancerous autism.

Why is every other country named in (one of) their official languages on this map but Austria is Austria?

>Veeky Forums - History & Humanities

>Why didn't the allies in WW2 split up Germany and divide the territory among other countries

>it's a "pierre brzęczyszczykiewicz gets to shitpost without his flag" episode

Should be Ă–sterreich is all I'm sayin

I misread your post.

Ignoring the obvious complications of instability and the USSR (this would have worked better after WWI had the allies achieved a more solid victory) a North German Protestant / Low German state should have been formed with a southern German Catholic / High German state formed to the south including Austria and German speaking Sudetenland (if after WWI). Add this to a united Netherlands with Flanders, a strong Poland, maybe a unified Scandinavia even and you would end up with a bunch of fairly militarily balanced European states with France and Russia ultimately being the most powerful on the continent

I remember the context of this, Austria is somehow made into an Italian speaking state, an Italian colony. It makes no sense

Autism rarely does.

Pretty ironic since Italy defended the sovereignty of Austria before the Anschluss.

The Allies didn't have the guts to even enforce the treaty so it doesn't even matter. If they'd split up the country it would have just reformed.

>3. The Allies were unwilling and unable to enforce Versailles as it was

Unwilling yes, unable nope

>it's a germanboo 1/64th german american is butthurt again episode

why didn't OP's mom abort him

So what's the deal with that Czech, those borders extend way beyond what has ever been actual czech lands, if you were going to split Germany up, why would they just arbitrarily give lands to the neighboring states? It's pretty dumb fucking map tbqh

>why would they just arbitrarily give lands to the neighboring states?

I dunno dude, but shit like Trianon happened so who knows.

>those retarded names in OP pic
rrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Why single out the checks, the entire division is arbitrary