[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Starting a new thread because I have to ask a question but /dbt/ fags are too lazy to start a new thread and I don't want to post in a 330 post thread that is about to be pruned edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2016/10/29/sorry-i-was-being-stupid-he-said-in-a-farewell-video-after-crashing-then-came-his-miracle/#comments
sacramento.craigslist.org/mcd/5837165107.html
sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/5838791028.html
discord.gg/4TUUzgv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

aye

>mfw ran out of fuel on an unlit highway in the middle of the night

89 IQ tier.

Who is this user I've never seen who apparently lives pretty much next door

Broken fuel gauge that can't realistically be fixed, fuel efficiency dropped so couldn't really see it coming.

Fuckin traps

it's me

Grab a MSR fuel bottle and strap it to your bike you irresponsible putz

Yeah I'm ordering a 1.5 liter jerrycan that fits under the buddyseat. Plz no bully

ok whats the best local road (less than 50km from marker)

always do a fuel consumption calculation when you fuel up

in your mums pusay

fk u user im so lonely i could settle for pretending that im riding with a gril

just wear a dress

Evens lift
Odds cardio
Dubs both

>went for a ride in the toogay at a leisurely pace today

I was well behaved and didn't terrorize anyone today. 0:^)

It was perfect up there.

Obligatory awful bike shot.

I should get an actual camera.

Anyone got any recommendations for places to pick up a starter bike in teh Ottawa region?

inb4 le cucked insurance of Ontario

I find just sacrificing a lot of the darker detail helps with the overall photo quality if you can play around with the light balance.
Also what's up with that japanese graffiti?

Just move to BC man. It's still a liberal shithole but the weather is nicer.

are frame sliders for total cucks?

HHHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGG

Pretty sure its for people who want to save their fairings

Meh, I bought a pair but never installed them.
If you think you need them, get them.

Check my OctoPUSSY

washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2016/10/29/sorry-i-was-being-stupid-he-said-in-a-farewell-video-after-crashing-then-came-his-miracle/#comments

thoughts/opinions

2006 Suzuki GS500 for £1000 in absolutely excellent condition just a few streets away from me, should I go get it?

I really need a bigger engine bike so I can actually overtake and not be such a nuisance on faster roads that are on an incline but I am slightly worried about the lack of any fairings or wind protection.

Ain't that the truth

Post yfw you first heard your engine noise without silencer

Thanks m80.

Nah it's a phone camera and a basic one at that. Not many settings.

ALSO CEST ENDS TODAY

>SUNSET AT 17:50
>hello darkness my old friend

That is a good deal.

>lack of fairings.

They make maintenance easier. You can always get a huge touring windscreen for another 100 pounds which will make you comfy and warm as fuck.

I high sided yesterday, the bike came down on the frame slider and broke my frame and my engine casing. They are fine for limiting the superficial damage in small drops and lowsides, but in a big crash they can act as an extension of the frame or motor and transfer force directly to them instead of letting the bodywork and controls take it

Is it totaled?
Good thing I made the decision to get bars instead of slides on the new bike.

If you wear gear it doesn't make a huge difference unless you're riding at high speed in the cold and wet for many hours.

Go check it out, if you haven't ridden anything faster I think you will like it. If it seems to be in good conditions it's a pretty good deal IMO.

Did you have it bolted directly in one place? I thought the tabs seemed kinda weak when I installed mine so I made a 3 point bracket to attach mine to the frame in places that looked strong. No way am I trusting the engine to hold up the bike in a drop though.

Ouch Trolly.

You alroite?

>>ALSO CEST ENDS TODAY

Kill me now.

>broken frame and engine castings

i think its dead m8

Name one reason why I shouldn't???

sacramento.craigslist.org/mcd/5837165107.html

This would be my first street bike btw, rode dirtbikes as a kid, would 1k be a good offer?

Too slow. Srsly if you rode any modern dirt bikes that thing will feel like a slug

You will get shit from Harley riders
But delete windscreen and I'd happily ride that
Anything not a cruiser will feel a LOT different once you've learned and become used to it though.

>hardly-a Davidson
>250 rebel
Jesus Christ I'm dying here

almost hazardously slow. if your already know how to ride, a 650cc+ cruiser would be a much better option

>if your already know how to ride
>used to ride as a KID

Its a good 1st bike but youll have a hard time selling it when you want a new bike. Get this instead.

sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/5838791028.html

it is ugly as sin.

I wish i had a doggo

>ninja 250
>best first bike
Take that back! GS500 is objectively the best beginner bike

Whats up fellas?
Are there any new memes around?

Nah everyone is crashed and dead
Just us nobikes now

There's plenty of other to choose from I'm enjoying mines however.

a gs500 for a grand is a decent pick as a winter hack, it's the most average bike ever made.

round headlight and tube handlebars means you can fit the spinnaker-sized windscreen from a cruiser and cut it down to where you can just peek over it when it gets crusted with road salt.

use half a plastic bucket or road cone cabletied to each downtube to make legshields, like they had on GPO bantams. yes it looks stupid, but winter riding IS stupid.

this. i had a bike lowside up a curb and it ripped the slider out of the motor mount. completely dented the frame and ripped the motor mount threads up. in smaller accidents they tend to work fine though.

J'AI MENTI À TOI
LE MÊME FAÇON COMME TOUJOURS
C'EST
LE DERNIER SOURIRE

did your slider kits come with shear bolts? they're supposed to pop off when you really whack them, instead of ripping a chunk out of your motor and impretzeling your frame.

I haven't crashed yet tyvm.

But I've also not been able to ride because im at work.
So there's always time!

does lowsiding count as crashing?

I don't see why not

RIEN JAMAIS CHANGE
TOUTES CES IDÉES ET LA DOLEUR QU' EST ATTACHÉ AUX ELLES

TU TURU TU
TU TURU TU
TU TURU TU TURUTURUTURU TU
TU TURU TU
TU TURU TU

Don't keep buying beginner poorfag bikes user. Save up and get yourself a bike you actually want as an all-rounder.

> £
oh wait sorry i thought you were free lol

when's the trip the mecca?

This is my new bike. Rate it please

get it in racing blue

cute. did you buy it for your girlfriend?

mailbox muffler/10

Gay

Fuck

I'm seriously considering just getting doubles for levers and fairings (chink fairings obv) as cheap crash insurance. A full unpainted chink fairing kit for my bike can run as low as $200. Frame sliders cost half as much, but the damage they can do is excessive.

>wants to buy cheap egay fairings for piece of mind

why not file a claim and get a new bike? You want to waste all that money for a jap scrap bike.

Because the bike would most likely be totaled by a lowside. It's a 90s bike, and insurance companies have a way of finding the most expensive way to carry out repairs (scratch on frame? need new frame).

>jap scrap
pls

It sucks. There is only one nice and curvy road and it's for a tourist attraction so it's full of slow drivers. And I haven't gotten a chance to head up there in the morning yet.

WHO IS PATRICK JANE

I am

MENTALIZED!

Best times always seem to be at about 9:30 on a working day desu

srry man feels good to have sweet twisties in every direction

Hey, I wanna get into the bike world but I strongly dislike the crotch rocket looking bikes. I am okay with dirt bike styles and I love the classic block model nothing fancy old like military style Harley's ( dosent have to be military just my lack of bike names and models I figured it would give you a image of what I'm talking about) looking to spend not a ton of money and I want a bike I can do the cool ass across country rides with. Any sugustions on a good bike 5,000 USD. Is about my limit. I'm not opposed to a used bike either. I need GREAT. Fuel captivity/effecenty. Great off-road. A bike that can take a absolute beating and be fixed with ease. A decent acceleration and a okay top out

gs 500
wr 125
grom
ninja 250

Well, first up
It doesn't exist
Fast bike -> shit fuel economy
Dirt bike -> slow on the road

All in all get a dirtbike if you really want to offroad or a standard if you want to just fuck about on unpaved roads

Or just get pic related

Thanks for the suguestions user, I'm a idiot when it comes to bikes I won't lie, if you had to pick one of the bikes to do a cross country ride ( 2-3,000 Miles ) what would your choice be? I'm looking for rugged challenging off-road course not big on the idea of riding on highways the whole time

I'm just memeing.
look at Ducati scrambler maybe, dunno if that's something for you. they're expensive I guess tho, and Ducati is questionable sometimes. have enough power to do highways n shit.

Or now that i think about it, since you're american you might not know stick
Get an NC700x DCT ABS with TKC80s

I know some bikes push 200, I'm talking like 100, there's absolutely no reason id do 200 off-road, even on road honestly. I might possibly hit 100 on some road in the brush somewhere but 100 ish is what I'm talking about when I say fast, excuse my absolute ignorance on bikes anons.

Riding season is over here, friend. Wait until next season when the 2016s are on clearance, grab a Honda CBR300 or something. Powersports on Hunt Club had the 2015 CBR300 on sale for $3100 in April, I assume something similar will happen next April with the 2016s.

But check kijiji first, obviously. And check your insurance before you buy; I bought an SV650, and it's cheaper to insure than a Ninja250/300.

I drive a manual, I didn't know they made full manual bikes, I knew some were semi manual. ( auto clutching bikes that you have to change the gear on ) I had a quad that did that. You had to pull up with your foot to change the gear, push down to lower.

I'm sorry to say that you aren't going to find that kind of luxury in the world of motorcycles. You can only get one or the other. A proper touring or sport touring bike is the only practical option for a cross country expedition. Maybe a cruiser. Mileage will be shit on all of them but the sport touring will likely be the most fuel efficient.

Off road "multi purpose" bikes aren't really a thing either. You will notice dirt bikes are purpose built specifically for being beat up and crashes often. Have fun taking your Ducati scrambler or whatever other retarded recommendation the user before me made off-road. You'll hit a branch and rip your oil pan open.

I'm not opposed to a dirtbike, I just really am looking for a bike made to take shit and be off-road and not need me to fix it every 300 miles of getting Shit whipped. I don't nessicarely need high speed that was just kinda if I can get it Ille take it but I feel acceleration is needed Incase I need to try and climb somthing before I roll back the fuck down it and kill my self.
I'm open to all suggestions because I seriously know absolutely nothing about bikes

you've only got enough money for a used bike.

you should give some actual numbers for the sustained speed and fuel range requirements.
also post a pic or video of the 'off-road' riding you want to do, and some examples of what you think an 'absolute beating' entails.

You want a dual sport with 600cc+ displacement, they can top around 100mph and still be able to offroad OK. With motorcycles you have to compromise between comfort, perfomance, fuel consumption and offroad ability, there's no best solution.

You could just get a generic 650 (Suzuki DR650, Kawasaki KLR650, Honda XR650L) and change the seat for a softer one, put a windscreen on and some luggage rack and you will be able to travel distance while still being able to go on more than just dirt roads. These will not fail you if you do basic maintenance.

If you mainly care about paved roads just get a Suzuki Vstrom or some other ADV bike... BMW F700/800, Honda Transalp, KTM 640 adventure etc. They can still offroad but are considerably heavier, yet more comfortable and confidence inspiring on the road.

What's the weirdest thing you've packed on your bike? I got golf clubs today

A deep fryer

My feels

My sister

The ashes of my mother.

myself

A bass guitar, most uncomfortable ride i've ever done.

sister

For anyone in the UK, I passed my CBT today but I struggled, should I persevere and do the DAS like I planned, or should I get a 125 and play around with that.

>golf clubs
>a guitar
xDDd so weirddd and randumbbbbb hahaha Xdd

Reminder that there is bike section in main Veeky Forums discord if you want to rossipost with us.

discord.gg/4TUUzgv

Do they make motorcycle pants that you can wear over street pants? I plan on riding my motorcycle to work/school when I get it, and I have a dress code at work? I know chaps exist but they don't seem to offer a whole lot of protection and I think they look kinda stupid.

Well you could wear whatever you want and just change into different pants or just wear work pants on your bike. Just go look at some larger sizes of textile pants and see what will fit.