/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 22th:
845 – The first King of all Brittany, Nominoe, defeats the Frankish king Charles the Bald at the Battle of Ballon near Redon.
1718 – Off the coast of North Carolina, British pirate Edward Teach (best known as "Blackbeard") is killed in battle with a boarding party led by Royal Navy Lieutenant Robert Maynard.
1940 – World War II: Following the initial Italian invasion, Greek troops counterattack into Italian-occupied Albania and capture Korytsa.
1942 – World War II: Battle of Stalingrad: General Friedrich Paulus sends Adolf Hitler a telegram saying that the German 6th Army is surrounded.

>News
EU4 DD 15/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-15th-of-november-2016.982588

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xxp1b0ZBoi0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Soviet_War
indiedb.com/games/pacifica
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Man I was wondering what happened to you, you're late

Based.

>2 posts early

Fourth for Kaiser Joseph. youtube.com/watch?v=xxp1b0ZBoi0

New version of HPM when

These options are basically the same thing in the early middle ages. What the fuck

So I can choose the option where he guts me open with a knife and says I hope this works, or I can choose the option where he guts me open with a knife while a witch doctor assistant dances in a circle and prays that it works.

I mean
>Well-tested plague disease treatment that isn't based around pure luck
>769 AD
Pick one.

Turns out they actually didn't accept on the next turn and then their rebels finally won and they became the worker's commonwealth and they let the crisis go all the way to a real war. I hope my 40 dreadnoughts and 50 battleships and 1300 outdated 4/4/1/1 stacks are enough to achieve victory against kleindutchland and already-50%-WE-"great"britain.

I'm down to about 1 day per second at 5x speed

W&B

Why is none of my coal sold domestically when I have a shitload of factories that run on it and ships that have been in the queue for over a year without construction being started because no coal?

t a r i f f s

cunt

I don't understand. I'm producing ten percent of the world's coal but somehow it is cheaper for my factories to buy it from the international market instead?
Why?

Reload just in case

post Germaniums

How the fuck are you producing so much liquor

>republic

playing CK2 now after taking a break since 2014.
Council are the biggest cunts ever. Every 3 years there is some faggot vassal who starts a faction for increasing council powers and declares war on me, even though I crushed the 10 revolts before him.
And if I grant council powers, they'll limit my every fucking action
Vassal plots to kill you? Fuck you, you can't imprison him because we don't allow it.
Just fuck off, I'm the fucking King, I can do what I want, but I'll face the consquences for it. It's not some shitty cuck democratic republic.
Are there any mods that fix this shit? It's made CK2 unplayable for me

Why did HPM nerf this to shit, it was so fun to drain all of China to the US.

>The Papal State has allied The Ottomans

wew
e
w

Now you know why Poland was partitioned so easily.

because HPM hates everything that's fun

pic related

>playing CK2 now after taking a break since 2014.
I did the same thing 3 days ago, let me give you some advice.

>Council are the biggest cunts ever.
The bigger you get, the worse off you are. You don't need council rights at all for a county or probably even for a well-organised duchy, but once you hit kingdom or empire you need to start giving them some rights.

>And if I grant council powers, they'll limit my every fucking action
Choose the ones that aren't so bad. For example, banishment and execution aren't too bad if the Council has permission. Managing them isn't too bad in any case, it's not dissimilar to managing your vassals so they're not inclined to join plots of factions, and you can just pay them off to vote for you most of the time. You choose who goes on the council.

>Fuck you, you can't imprison him because we don't allow it.
Additionally, even if you wanted to do something that they didn't want you to do and that you've passed a law saying they get to vote on, you can just ignore them and take the relations penalty.

>report and ignore shitposting.
For me this was the tip-off that you're a moron.

Slaughtering chinks with gas and tanks will never not be fun. I'm at sixty war score after two months without occupied a single province.

ok, thanks, will try to manage

How important is Hearts of Darkness for Vic 2? I've got A House Divided and dont want to pay the 20 shekels when steam Christmas sales are coming.

>That flag
>No Luxembourg

Wow lad you almost did it

It's essential, just pirate the whole thing.

I don't know why I thought this wouldn't look disgusting. I instantly regret my decisions.

>not following historical blobbing

The early periods are vital. Make sure that you give no ground whatsoever. ABSOLUTELY nothing. Use suppression points carefully and make sure you revoke press reforms and meetings as soon as you bloody well can. That does mean that bureaucrats are a necessity for those suppression points. Clergy to 4% in every region are also necessary. The only reforms you should pass are those related to health or schooling, but the anger that other groups will feel at being ignored will require them being repressed, by secret police or the national guard if need be.

As you conquer more territory you might find that those new pops are more liberal than your core citizenry. If you are playing HPM, cultural rights are the devil. Voting, if you go that way, should always be the prerogative of your natural born citizens, and if you have fostered a conservative nature then they will not elect parties who encourage more broad based electoral platforms.

I played a Papal State game and the only mistake I made was allowing broader cultural rights. The people of Rome were so conservative that it was actually impossible to get the levels of consciousness I needed for them to start migrating to the new colonies I'd opened up.

I don't know. My capitalists just when crazy with liquor factories and I was productin 40% of the liquor in the world.
A few years later though those production figures were halfed so, but agian I wasn't really watching the markets so I have no idea why.

based and white

Post the factories lad

Closest save I could find.

>38.2% of world production
A step in the right direction

Is there any reason for HIP not being recommended for CK2? I'm just curious.

The border gore in the Sahara and the middle east in general.

r8 my Italian Theocracy border goals.

No, it is the best mod for ck2 actually.

Ah yes, historical immersion

Arabia and Ethiopia/Somaliland are both Satellites/Dominions by the way.

>39% recon efficinency
Disgusting

jesus were all your deaths from disease?

I really love the way pops and ethnicities are managed but vic2's just a bit too autistic for me

it really isnt that hard once you get it down, play a game Portugal or S-P and you'll understand it quick, its seems scary and important, but it really doesnt take much focus.

Expand the dominon of Arabia to include all of arabia(just sphere all of it before forming Arabia as a vassal), Include Iraq in to the holy land(make the ottomans release them and then annex for 5 infamy), because the ottoman borders will look bad if you don't take Iraq. Also take Dalmatia, Crete and the Dodecanese

>defended hpm on reddit
>blatantly lied and gave shit to the op for daring to critisize hpm
>op literally had a mental breakdown and started attacking everyone
>ended up getting downvotes and a deleted post while i got all le upboats

HPM NOTICE ME!

You make us proud laddo

>literally HPMIDF

>Dalmatia, Crete and the Dodecanese
For what purpose?
I'll do the other things though.

>Told if I keep taxes and tariffs at 100% all the time my economy will crash
>its now 1900 and I've only been in the green all game, and farther in the green than ever

Is Victoria 2 just that easy

rightful venetian clay i guess

Epic, but this shit Inst from hip

>pissing off your people
>letting your people starve and die
lad are you playing Russia? because you're sounding like Putin.

>people get butthurt
>pass hospital and education reforms

See, even when your people are mad its a boon

>Putin
Shit I meant Stalin, I'm retarded

Well, if that's how you want to play go for it, the game isn't meant to be hard, its meant to give you options, to me the greatest challenge is choosing what I want to do and how I want to do it.

Why would you ever NOT pass education and health reforms

Fucking wew, GroßNederlandiums this game looks like.

I meant pissing off and starving your people my man, also if you want to do a torture-your-pops game.

the diplomacy and military in the game frankly suck

>Shit I meant Stalin, I'm retarded
You're not that far from truth

But pissing off and starving your people is by far the best way to become not a shithole

t. Hillary

This is true, but the time period is my favourite so I deal with it desu

I don't know too much about Russia today to make a comment on that.

Regardless, like I said, the point of the game is to make your dream of a country imo, whether it be shithole, paradise or somewhere in between, makes roleplaying nearly integral, playing to win in Victoria is boring as fuck.

Sahara is god awful but the Middle East looks better with the deserts as opposed to huge, unpopulated provinces.

Isn't that from CK2+?

Could I theoretically invade Albion, (as an Emperor) give a dwarf vassal the Kingdom, then release him and wait for him to convert the island to the Ancestral religion and Dwarven culture?

Wrong pic

Asking because I want Chris-Chan worshippers out of muh old world

>cropping
stop this

If he doesn't crop, people will answer everything with uncalled advice EXCEPT what he is asking.

no :^)

Because it looks nice if you are blobbing in the east.

So, can I? Will the island remain ruled and culturally influenced by dwarves without further interference or will the dynasty convert to Albion culture a few descendants down the line?

Tell me /gsg/ did you make world great again?

Nice USSR

>no crimea
lad...

is Alex Grandi dead?

>USSR
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Soviet_War

HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

N-no.

>No Caucasus
>No Levant
>No Egypt
>No Italy
>No Spain

lad...

HPM are you here? I have a suggestion.

Alex was actually Assange in his spare time and hes dead.

1-3 Make the Confederacy Great Again
4-6 Argentina is white!
7-9 Fact: Filipinos are the most powerful race in the world
0 Mogadishu is the 4th Rome

He's gone to fight alongside the Kurds in Turkey

Reclaim Falklands and form La Plata.

indiedb.com/games/pacifica

Member this?

>3 word paper on Iraq and Syria due tomorrow
>can't stop shitposting

>3 word paper on how HPM sucks tomorrow
>can't stop writng

>Test today
>Failed it

Though in my defense it was a shitty test. It was randomly generated and gave me the same ridiculously difficult question three times.

Any way to get achievements with pirated DLC yet? Not having world conqueror bothers me.

>failing to use the updated OP again.

When will you fools learn?

What the fuck kind of question is that
>captcha college brooks

>no updated waggles pastebin

based and white Turks

Same shit three times with only one irrelevant part being different, guess they forgot to separate them. I fucked up and now my one mistake is suddenly three times as bad.