How do I fix this? Is it worth it? (The car already has five years)

How do I fix this? Is it worth it? (The car already has five years)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f6ZDbDw6baU?t=22s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You have to cut the belt the sew it back together.

Wtf? No, you can't do this.

You untangle it. Just...why is this even a question?

Just sell the car and let someone else deal with the salvage title

That's fucked m8.
You'll need to get a new car

yeah op, this is unrecoverable.

any attempts in resolving the problem will only make it worse.

you need to get a new car, sorry about that famalam.

He's right OP, just let it go.

But before you let it go as a total loss, fold one half the other way and summon all you strength and pull towards the fold

Nice bait OP, don't touch it unless you're a qualified seatbelt fold expert

THE_CAR_IS_RUINED.jpg

DO NOT DRIVE THIS VEHICLE

Take it to your neareast shop.

You're gonna have to put it in a bucket mix of water, a little cup of degreaser, half cup of ammonia, three tablespoons of normal table salt, one cap of fabric softener and a half cup of bleach. Put the "bent" part in the water and let it soak for a good 30 minutes. It should now have thinned itself pretty neatly, and you'll be able to just pull the bent part over to its side again

OP don't do anything stupid. Just ask someone (family?) if they can unfold it while you do something under the hood (you can even pretend).

I'm sorry to be the one breaking it to you, user, but your car has been totalled.

I've done this before, it works a treat. Don't let """""mechanics""""" charge you an arm and a leg to do it, they just use a spray that's literally the same solution.

Is OP posting bait?

Just hold the belt flat and slide the clip upwards. The belt will be unpinched.

OP, I can fix that, don't listen to these idiots.

But it'll cost ya.

do you want to get OP killed or something
wew

>bleach
>ammonia
>not killing OP with mustard gas

...they need a crane to get it out

>Don't let """""mechanics""""" charge you an arm and a leg to do it,
i get that everyone here is messing with the OP but do people actually go for a mechanic for this

People will go to a mechanics if their tire is missing a valve cap. There are people that dumb.

Seatbelt bearings are out, take it to the dealer,only way to reset dah dash light

How long since the seatbelt fluid was changed?

fuck you just reminded me I have to get a new seatbelt filter from vatozone

Just basically move one half of the folded belt sideways in the direction you want it to unfold to, and move the buckle up or down to help it shift.

This is how you fix a buckle that's facing the wrong way. Because some dickhead did it this way.

youtu.be/f6ZDbDw6baU?t=22s

Fuck off with your retard bullshit.

>having a faulty equal cloth actualizer
>risking death when you crash cuz double the torsion on the belt

This is the future you're choosing, op

Just leave it, it helps reduce drag

Dude, I know it doesn't mean much but you are one of the best posters on this board, I'm fucking dying right now.

>when you think you've fixed it but it's backwards now

"So when you back up you gotta... twist it all back the other way"

Wow. Science.
I can really follow those instructions. He even skipped filming that part the fuckhead

god. All of my rage

>when you fixed it and its flat again but you rotated it the wrong way and now you gotta put the belt in the same predicament again to turn it the right way

That car became a koffing on wheels

>tfw seatbelt untangling is still covered by warranty
phew lads, this would have been expensive.

and THEN it turns out it was the right way the first time and it's now backwards so you have to do it a third time

you're fucked m8
better disassamble the whole thing and sell whatever parts people will be ready to pay for

Welcome to Veeky Forums newborn

You are using your handbrake even for downhill starts, right?

it's the automotive USB port

I did this and now it's backwards

Why the fuck would you do this to me

Take it to the mechanic shop. They might be able to fix it for you. Make sure they're ASE certified as they're your best bet.

Faith in humanity...and it's gone.

Pinch it near the folded bit, and tug the metal bit downwards to separate the two. Then you simply unfold it.

Sorry dude.... btw you parting out?

When I was a kid they told us one day cars will have these "air bags" and we wouldn't even need seat belts.

Fold it and tug it back over the fold, then gently tug the fold out while caught in the buckle.

Then they put bombs all over the place because overweight americans either wouldn't wear seatbelts or were too fat/short to be stopped by them.

>overweight Americans
I read that the average size of women in this country is now a size 16. That is on the fat side of "thicc." Now, look at The Commodores' "She's a Brick House." The woman described therein is 36-24-36. It appears that the average woman is now 38-58-50. Men aren't doing much better here. All this makes me wonder what the overall length of seat belts has been historically versus now.

It also makes me despair of ever finding a woman with a waist smaller than mine at 33".

That's what happens when you don't check the torque specs on your seatbelts regularly. Now you'll have to replace the whole interior to be sure.