Sister Honda thread
Vids:

>Roger's RWD Camry
youtube.com/watch?v=UFhJqplkjOc

>user's IS Exhaust
youtu.be/GBrMpjDodiQ

>Toyota Robot
youtube.com/watch?v=H7p1u7-VE1Q

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Last thread:

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

Those are the ones I'm getting.

Toyota Power ranking
>1. Celica GT-Four
>2. Supra
>3. MR2
>4. GT86
>5. Trueno/Levin Sprinter
>6. Celica
>7. Celica Supra

1. Supra
2. Celica GT4
3.MR2
4. GT86
5. Trueno / Levin
6. Celica Supra
7. Celica

Looks like a trim to protect its edge. Kinda like a rear bumper applique on new cars (optional)

Are you talking about how fast it is in general or a specific feel? Supercharged cars and new turbo cars feel n/a, old turbocharged cars feel way different with the turbo lag

AWD> RWD

> stock top trim celica supra faster than a top stock trim celica
no

Personal reference

Preference*

>Preference

Guess who is faster and slower on the touge user

Guess who doesn't care

Just delivery mileage 2bh

Rear coolant hose on my 7mge x8 Cressida is torn and gushing fluid. Guys at dealership have no clue what part number it is. Most likely discontinued. Fuck me right?

Checked

Look it up in Toyota parts over stock

Every diagram I see I can't find a hose that looks like it or with the right sleeving.

Just the immediate torque in general. It's not mindblowing or anything but it's fun to drive.

That's cool. Here's a picture I haven't posted yet.

If the weather is decent, I'll get temporary license plates and go for a test drive (in legal terms). I'll hit a couple mountain passes and empty a couple gas tanks then.

Met a guy from aeu86 yesterday and he checked the car out in detail, it's in mechanically perfect condition, will only need protective measures (undercarriage sealing, fresh fluids and similar stuff). End of next week I'll have an upholsterer come by and have a look at the car and discuss about how I'd want to replace the rather worn interior upholstery.

Oh, and turns out my exhaust is custom made, doesn't correspond to any brand kit and doesn't have any markings apart from the "JASMA" plaquette. Now that I don't feel the sore ears from driving 8h straight on German Autobahn to get it home, the exhaust sounds pretty good as is and I don't feel like changing it for something less loud anymore.

Os the hose that special? You can't just go to partsource and buy some hose of the same diameter?

CALLING ALL MIDSHIPS

>midship
Better let this one go to voicemail

Is it really as good as the hype portrays it to be?

front engine cuck spotted

hi hello

*busy tone*

Well, yes and no: It is an 80s econobox RWD Corolla. It can't beat half the cars it beat in the anime unless you build yourself a formula atlantic replica for more money than you'd spend on a decently modern actual sports car.
But: It's lightweight and can get around corners really damn quick and even with less than 100whp (134hp at the crank in stock form, mine's at about 140-145, I'd guess) it's a real blast to drive. With the proper mods (suspension, stabilizers and tower braces), it's a driving experience similar to the raw experience of driving an early gen Lotus Elise.

For me it's the car I've always wanted. Simple technology, very basic amenities, no computers (well, there's an ECU), nothing unnecessary. I have probably spent way too much to get it here, but I have no buyer's remorse at all.

What's also interesting to see is the kind of response from others I get. Most people either think "hey, no idea what it is, but it looks pretty cool" or "what's that old shitbox doing here?", but I've found a couple new friends who know the car from way-back-when. Two colleagues at work actually knew the car. Only one person outside Veeky Forums has mentioned Initial D so far, which is good.

>raw experience

That's what I really want in my next car

I've had 3 people confuse my hatch for a Sirocco, and a ticketing officer confuse it for a Mazda.

What mods do you have? what would you reccomend?

Like you, I'm gonna wait for spring to patch up my rust, scrub out all the surface rust on the bottom, spray primer, and undercoat.

I'll also get a new tank from Rock auto

>8h on the Autobahn
How fast did you go?

Peugeot 107 wich is the same as the Aygo here, can I into Toyota general?

Yes

Nice quints.
Not entirely sure, but this should be the complete list so far:
- TRD suspension
- Cusco stabilizers
- Reinforced control arms
- Full custom exhaust (4:1 exhaust header into cat, resonator, muffler)
- Cusco oil catch tank
- Unbranded strut braces front and rear
- Brake cylinder stopper
- A3A Advans with Nankang NS2R 185/60 R14

Engine seems stock, unless it's HKS cast iron cams. Haven't looked inside yet. All else is fully loaded 1984 JDM GT-Apex spec (power steering, AC, radio, electric mirrors, all original red interior, no power windows or locks).
What I'd recommend is primarily suspension mods and freeing up intake/exhaust. As I have the MAP instead of the AFM thanks to being JDM, it doesn't need a swap or cone filter. Intake is stock, engine is stock bluetop.

I guess about 190-200 kmh, but my speedo only goes to 180, so I didn't push any further.

I never did 210km/h once, but not with my car.
A 1KR-FE doesn´t have the power to go that fast, more than 175 on a flat road is impossible with my 107/aygo.

Today was great weather above the clouds. Anybody else went for a ride recently with their yotas?

I don't enjoy driving as much as I used to since I got into bikes

>not being more concerned with wagan

>tfw no wangan

ooh ooh add mine

woops, 1986

should i sell my 88 mr2 for a Subaru rs

No

Guys... For the hundredth time, proof.
Bread on hood?
Title?
Keys perched on wheel weirdly?
Anything to prove it's you or you at least have access to it.
I'm not the collage guy, I just feel bad for him having to ask all the time.

Literally who gives a fuck if someone professes to own an 80's shit box even if they don't

That'd specifically what the guy asked for man. Is it really so hard to comply?

No one cares

The first version of the /hg/ collage didn't need proof. Craigslist pictures were added.

>tfw no nice scenery near me

see

here's my horribly self-painted, beat to shit midship
God I wish mine was as clean as this piece of art

Bump

Anybody else in ontario had to deal with appraisals?
I've had 5 cars and I have a friend who's had 3 that according to them needed an appraisal, but neither of us has ever had to get one.

Appraisal from who?

I guess I wasn't exactly clear. if you want to register a car over 20 years old now, you have to pay tax on it based on appraisal. it's your job to find the appraisal. this is annoying because you have to do it, but great if you can find somebody to appraise your car for 16 cents and a snickers bar and pay tax on that.

i thought they went by KBB? well at least they do in my state (Connecticut)

In Illinois we just pay $100 a year for registration. A little extra for special plates.

You pay something like that here in canada as well. just here, you pay tax when you register the car and it used to be base on your bill of sale. now you need an appraisal apparently.
They didn't even ask for the bill of sale.

Oh you're just talking about registering it for the first time? Here we go by bill of sale.
>tfw bought my bro's car
>put it was a gift in bill of sale
>only $40 to pay in taxes
>D E V I L I S H

Up until now that's how I always did it, but apparently ny local DMV has just been doing it wrong for years or something.
>owned 5 cars
>bought them all for "$200"
I'm a real sick bastard.

A B S O L U T E L Y
S A T A N I C

I only pay 20€ here in Germany...

Any way I can replace the pick of my mr2 spyder 03 with this one?

Sure thing user

This is the pic I would like to replace.

Thanks M8.

Year, model, and color of the picture was enough info mate

Here's mine

Thanks m80

Last trip for the year, good night sweet prince.
Now it's time to get to fixing things, one thing at a time.

Where do you live?

>those roads
>80s japtofubox

mad jelly m8

>comfy roads
>comfy scenery
>comfy garage
Max jelly

Tfw you have gone for a drive in your yoda cause you have been in college and dont have time

this desu senpai

Switzerland.

Not the easiest place to be a "car guy" though, many things are prohibitively expensive to get done (most exterior or performance mods excluding wheels).

the greatest

I like your metal key better.
Anybody know where I can find a key blank that isn't clearly home depot illco trash? I think it's weird there's no aftermarket cool key like the ones for GTR's and stuff.

ebay

Is this the cute truck?

a QT

Who /camry/ here? The ultimate in comfy driving.

Not me personally, but we have two in the family.

Pic related
I want to move onto this meme queen for my next wrencher project, any known issues I should know about? All the toyota mechanics I know say brake lines and electrical

hi

Daily drove my dad's 2012 while he was out of the country for a year once. It was a car. Can't really complain.

>tfw no new manual Camry

Hello

Any other 1UZ fags here?
You guys actually organized the toyota general since the last time I was on Veeky Forums

>wrencher project
What do you mean?

There's a couple SCs that I know of so far. I think both are 300 iirc though

just doing things on it.
wrenching on it until i see it fit

2jz here. Looked at a couple sc400's before I found my IS. Have any plans for upgrading or gonna keep it stock? Nice keyboard btw.

I need a job, in college living with my mom right now, But the plan is to do shit in this order as I get money, and if I total the car in that time i'll probably get like an RSX because there's no way im getting another clean SC/Supra in the area where I live (San Diego), maybe an IS 2JZ build we'll see when the time comes.

Mods in order I want to do them:
Fix shitty Nakamichi stereo - ~$400
Coilovers - ~$600
Exhaust/Cold Air intake - ~$500?
Rims - ~$300
W58 Tranny Swap - ~$3k
Limited Slip Dif - ~$500
Nos kit - ~$1k
Single turbo setup - ~$3k?

At that point i'll probably be making like 600hp and i'll daily it until the motor blows and swap a 1JZ/2JZ or do a full VVTi 1UZ rebuild/swap and go all out depending on what my financial situation is. That's years out for me though.

Pic is some faggot on reddit lol

Another option i'm thinking of in the far future is to do a full supercharger kit on the 1UZ for like $6k instead of the turbo and I could probably make like 800hp if I really pushed it with like 150 shot of Nos. Make the Soarer Hellcat lmao.

Pic of car from previous owner, has a RedSuns and a Gentoo bumper sticker now in the rear windshield but otherwise untouched, besides the lingering smell of black ice and marijuana.

Oil consumption might be something to keep an eye on. My 7AFE liked to burn oil, other people have had similar issues.

My friend just bought a parts car for 300 dollars and it had coils on it. Precious owner didn't know. Also the parts car now runs and drives because the previous owner was less than intelligent.

Here in NA we get some with 4afe