Is it safe to drive converted RHD-only car like Skyline? Also regarding this specific car are there any huge downsides...

Is it safe to drive converted RHD-only car like Skyline? Also regarding this specific car are there any huge downsides? Ive heard someone say that you have to reroute exhaust and lose tons of power.
Im considering saving money for an R34 GT-R then sending it over to Kageki Racing for a conversion (25k€ cost). Kinda my dream. Soonish i should land a job leaving me with 50k€ spending money per year so its not a problem.

Not worth it, it's easy to fuck up LHD conversions and that's a lot of money to spend. Better to keep it RHD, because the car stays in better condition and RHD is better than LHD anyway.

I dont understand why everyone stuck with LHD, just because its popular doesnt make it better.. I loved driving RHD. (and I live in a LHD country)

It's fine. Just don't pass on a two lane road without looking carefully and be careful on unprotected left turns.

>LHD converting a skyline
Are you fucking retarded? Can you just not figure out how to shift with your left hand instead of your right? What a huge waste of money and a gtr. It cane out if the factory that way, just leave it alone, it's not the poor gtrs fault you live in a shitty country that drives on the wrong side of the road

LHD would probs kill its re-sale value imo

Because they wanted to drive on the right side of the road, and "muh safety" meant that they then had to be LHD. A lot of countries like Italy, and even early cadillacs were RHD, but forced to change to LHD.

RHD is objectively better, you have your right hand on the steering wheel at all times which needs controlling, most people are right handed, you don't need your dominant hand to shift. What would actually be the best is RHD with a shifter on the right, like early racing cars.

>RHD is objectively better, you have your right hand on the steering wheel at all times which needs controlling, most people are right handed, you don't need your dominant hand to shift. What would actually be the best is RHD with a shifter on the right, like early racing cars.

>Most people are rigt handed. You dont need your dominant hand to shift.
>What would actually be the best is RHD with a shifter on the right

Did you read your post before you posted or

>says RHD is better because right hand on wheel
>wants shifter on the right so you put left hand on wheel
user what

have you been smoking weed user

>you don't need your dominant hand to shift

when i was racing quite a bit on the track i've seen people money shifting too many times to agree
i'd rather shift with my domnant hand

you could argue that for street use using left hand for shifting would be preferable but then again, your non-dominant hand should be good enough to take a turn, it's also quite pointless since you're not supposed to shift during a turn so you can hold both of your hand on the wheel

in conclusion, neither is really superior
one thing for sure, i'd rather not drive RHD on LHD roads and vice versa
i actually had a chance to try this and overtaking is not fun, believe me

still, conversions are a retarded idea

>being this mad people want to modify cars you will never buy anyway

>british car
>sold in britain
>shifter on the right

Really makes me think

Why would you buy a JDM GT-R and convert it? Learn to shift left handed, it isn't that hard.

t. borrowed a buddy's jdm civic once

>stick on the right
>e-brake on the left

what were they thingking?

also, i know, weight savings and all but they could've make the interior at least a tiny bit nicer
and not slap cock on the gague cluster but they had to be british

Clearly you don't know your right from left so is probably a bad idea m8

shifter on the right has been a thing in single seaters since ever

OP here. please dont be buttmad that some people want to modify their car, its not /v/ or /g/ to be assmad that somebody wants something you dont like.

i want LHD because its overall safer. some roads are tight and checking if its safe to overtake is a pain in the ass when you drive RHD in LHD country. from time to time i have to visit my home county of poland and boy driving RHD is a deathwish there if you want to overtake and generally drive fast.

What a fucking moron.

read a book nigger
Sorry, but I don't have time to spoonfeed you with automotive history 101

wheel conversions are quite popular in my country and tthey cost 500-1200$ depending on the car

The only reason to convert it would be if your country doesn't allow the car to be registered and driven legally on the road without being lhd. Like in my post soviet shithole

However, if I had 50k spending money id be fucking gone never to be seen in this shithole ever again

Never read so much bullshit in a single post.

it's absolutely not an issue.

t.RHD driver in a LHD country