How much horsepower will a 2014 V6 Mustang add with a high quality CAI (i.e.; Airaid), with the use of a stock exhaust?

How much horsepower will a 2014 V6 Mustang add with a high quality CAI (i.e.; Airaid), with the use of a stock exhaust?

maybe 1, 2 hp at the wheel?

More sounds
May rev quicker
smoother acceleration

you'll notice more from a pulley kit, and a nice exhaust

>shoulda had a V8

>I bought a v6 because it's more economical and I'm not racing
>Asks about mods

Just get a v8

You people are like fucking locusts on this board lol.

>Nice exhaust
I'll get fucked by the cops pretty quick with a nice exhaust in New York.

Why? Don't buy one that's so loud it's illegal and don't drive like a fucking tool.

Don't live in New York then retard

>Owns a V6 probably automatic mustang
>lives in jew york and is afraid of real modifications.

Nu-male detected.

bet he looks like this

Just sell the v6 shitstain and buy a miata.

you will gain a miniscule and unnoticeable amount of horsepower at the top end of the rev range, at the expense of losing some torque down low. not worth it imo if it's going to be your only modification.

How to increase low-end torque? H O W?

You would loose horsepower. No tune = no power. Potential for knock and retarding timing is an issue..

It depends. Gains will be more aural than power but they are there. Likely between 2-7 hp depending on unit.

Do tunes last though? I heard the car just reprograms itself back to baseline after about a week or so.

Protip: replacing the air intake on a modern sports car is almost always pointless. Advertised hp gains come from air fuel tuning. The same gains can be made with the STOCK fucking intake.

This.

If you increase airflow into your engine without re-calibrating A/F ratios, you're just fucking it up.

It is more cost effective to leave your engine completely stock and save up shekels for a turbo or supercharger.

Then you tune it.

Look up kits for your car. Many cars have supercharger kits that will bolt straight up and you even get a pre-done tune.

>engine completely stock
Don't you need forged internals for FI

No. It's beneficial but it's not necessary. Many people push a stock engine to it's limits with forced induction, blow it and just go to the wreckers to get another cheap engine.

No.

Depends on engine, if it's a high compression engine it might not do too hot with FI. Most engines can handle a decent ft/lbs before their lives start to degrade terribly.

Increase displacement.

Horsepower: Short intake, long exhaust
Torque: Long intake, short exhaust.
Gains: marginal in both cases, you'd spend a lot of money before you get something significant

diesel

You might honestly lose power. The change will not be noticeable in any metric except noise.

Kek. If you don't mind losing out on high-end everything.

Get an mpt tuner, same price except 30hp more, uses a fake type of gearing (great if you have the shit 2:73) and disables the electronic speed limiter

should get at least a tune also if you want any gains brah

Why are you asking OP? do you have a v6 mustang or something?

CAI's are a scam

But diesel does give you a lot of torque