/tesog/ Elder Scrolls Online General

Elven Isles are the best area Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here! (October 18 for consoles)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-dps-build/
steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/208684375432915205/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's your favorite city?

How is the game AFTER the free weekend?
Not asking if it is dead or not, but rather if I will meet people around my level if I decide to start from scratch?
Or is it a game where everybody already has at least 1 character on the highest level and they basically just use it as a chat programm until a new world boss spawns or some dungeon resets (I'm looking at you, Blade & Souls)

Well if you're going stamDPS you WILL craft a TBS set at some point, so why not buy the materials? Just don't craft right away and see what pieces of the other sets you acquire first

That's a hard one. I kind of like The Hollow City just for the way it's shaped by my decisions and that feeling of having a comfortable little fort, a beacon of safety in enemy territory.

But maybe Riften for a location actually in Tamriel. Port cities are cozy, the bank and craft stations are right next to each other, the rift is a beautiful part of Skyrim and the Werewolf shrine is a short run away.

is there a good way to compare prices? master merchant seems to rely on me being in a guild, which I'm not. I don't mind occasionally overpaying, but if I'm going to buy en masse, I'd rather not.

I've only been playing for around a week but I keep seeing people around my levels as I'm going through the quests. I'm only seeing high level characters in the main cities desu

Is this worth getting?

Mournhold. I'm a dunmerboo and love their weird architecture and morrowind in general

Just check the capital stores

why do people ask this question in generals as if they aren't gonna be biased? only the shittiest of games will actually have the general warn you away from it.

it's a good TES game and a decent MMO and unless the sale is over the base game is like nine dollars right now so there's little to lose.

Mistral, its small and lacking in some utilities but Khenarthi's Roost is my favourite zone for some reason, I guess just because I like little tropicalish island settings and cats, plus its usually pretty quiet/not packed like Rawl'kha, which I especially love for the Guild halls built in to the temple but end up avoiding because its always so crowded.

Mistral is pretty damned comfy. the whole island actually feels like a self contained little community, like it could be the setting of an entire smaller game.

>the gamblers on the docks are actually throwing dice
>she actually rolls snake-eyes and gets pissed because she lost, and cheers when she gets a winning roll
neat

Khajiits are cute! CUTE!

Can I make a redguard into an arabian qt3.14?

Are there any scimitars in the game?

Is the hammerfell camel any good?

Are there any turbans in the game that don't come from the crown store?

What's the most arabic looking outfit?

What's a good class / role for a redguard?

I'd say yes. I just bought the game after playing in the free weekend and I'm having a lot of fun.

>Bought this game on a whim months ago but never bothered installing it due the 85gb client size

Can I make EP char and go straight away to DC starting zone and do quests there? I already did EP quests on first char before Tamriel unlimited.

Also what happens when I finish campaign now? Do I stilll get ported to another faction city?

>Can I make EP char and go straight away to DC starting zone and do quests there? I already did EP quests on first char before Tamriel unlimited.
Yes
>Also what happens when I finish campaign now? Do I stilll get ported to another faction city?
You'll just be given Cadwell's gold and silver as usual.

What race is the best healer? Argonians have a healing passive but other races get more magicka.

I need more Dark Seducers in my life.

>limit on character deletion

What kind of bullshit is this?

wut.

If your account gets hacked, and you have more than 3 characters, you don't loose all of them in 10 minutes or so. It prevents tempering.
The char-deletion counter resets itself after 24 hours.

Altmer have the best magicka related bonuses, so they are equally effective as healer or magicka dps
Alternatively, if going for a magicka DK dps, dunmer are the best choice

It's Altmer.

Why wont this slut magick up some pants?

Tell me some Bosmer lore.
Make them interesting for me please.

limits how many dailies you can do like writs, otherwise you could just keep creating/deleting characters to get around the daily limits.

bump

I want to play magicka dps/healer templar but I want to be Imperial because they are my favourite race. How fucked am I ?

Spoilers ahead

Bosmer are short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid, short, ugly, stinky, stupid,

completely

>imperial
>favourite race

You're fucked no matter what, cause your taste is pure shit.

Morrowind ruined me as far as cities go, not because they were better, but because I just wanted to hike around and delve into ruins to find powerful artifacts. If it has to be a city, probably Orsinium. It's just so sprawling, massive, or looks like it at least. I still prefer roughing it out in the wastes to a cozy inn. It makes getting back to town so much more satisfying.

I want to play a magic class but I want to be a Redguard because they are my favourite race. How much more fucked am I than that user?

Yes. But is common knowledge really a spoiler?

Because Morrowind was marketed to sexually frustrated boys.

Can I fuck this tentacle monster plant/fungus?

But if you are one of them do they treat you like a fellow Bromer like they did in Skyrim?

I don't see why not.

*Male Bosmer

The women qt

they treat you like a bosmer who is an outsider. they even meatsplain you the green pact if you ask, because you apparently are completely ignorant of your own people's customs.

a few bosmer will say "oh you are bosmer too, huh?"

remove "ugly", rest applies

>morrowind
>any form of titty pandering

There's always new people in starter zones. Except now they are also in other zones, because you can just go wherever, so actual starter zones feel a bit more empty than usual. But judging from the content of /zone, there seem to be a lot new players about, so I wouldn't worry about not having anyone around your own level to play with.

>like they did in Skyrim
I don't remember that. in fact I actually remember a Thalmor explaining to my bosmer face what a fucking bosmer is like I was some kind of retard. I also watched over my wife's shoulder as Ulfric claimed her female nord was 'not a nord' and he didn't understand why she wanted to join the stormcloaks. what a shitty game skyrim is.

They smell like flowers and are very smart.

Tips for a Tank?

I find it really difficult to aggro large groups to me. I spam the stab attack on each one so they attack me but I feel like all that running around is counter-productive, plus I'll always miss some.

Does the hairstyle pack allow you to change your haircolor or are you still stuck with whatever color you had?

Stuck with same color.

How many man hours went into that.

>no barbers yet
if they're part of a DLC I'll be pissed.

It's part of the Appearance Change option, which is 1000 crowns. But you can change your entire appearance, not just hair style and color

>tank isn't a DK
alternatively
>tank is a DK but doesn't keep igneous weapons up

Ultimate jewery. Typical Zenimax.

Two options. If you have the undaunted line unlocked you can use the range taunt. So you don't need to move to taunt enemies. Second options is of you are a dragon Knight clasd there is a ardent flame ability where you can shoot a chain that then pulls the enemies to you. Then once on you they usually agro to you, or you can stab em with taunt.

but maybe I just wanna change my hair. this is MMO standard

I have no room for it on either of my bars.

Is that because of their flame damage bonus? Does it apply to enchantment and flame staffs both?

Buy the hair pack goyim. They implemented cosmetic changes very poorly.

If you wanted to change a small detail in say SWTOR it would only cost a small amount of CC.

But that doesn't allow you to change the color.

Is ESO worth getting In to.

It looks ok, I heard the game went through a big change or something?

Thought now would be a good time to ask weather or not I should play.

Make room then
Half of a tank's job is buffing the party/debuffing the boss
Yes. Not sure if it applies to all sources of fire damage, but it probably does

you thought wrong chinaman, friday was a good time to ask and you just missed the free weekend.

I mean I bought it. Like a while ago.

Havnt played it.

You know what fuck it ill play.

Is there any class or spec or however this works that you guys need most.

Or just something thats needed. Ill fucking play it. I love supporting.

One Tamriel happened in October, along with the Witches Festival. Holiday special happening next month
You should give it a go. There's a lot more people around thanks to the free trial.

Same question.

Why can't you swim underwater?

you can if you jump from a very high place, but there's nothing to see down there

Is imperial edition upgrade worth it?

When Red Diamond gets buffed, MAYBE

>scared the leaves off my tree

bosmer confirmed ladyboys

How the fuck do I play this game. Its too diferent from other titles.

>mudcrab pet
>rings of Mara
>Imperial race in any faction
>Imperial motif free
>Imperial horse
If you like that stuff then yes I did but later got armor horse

>he rolled a stealth archer

fuck you caught me

Hey guys, just picked this game up after 4 years. Haven't played any of the DLCs. Looking for an interesting/fun build to play.

I installed ordinator, so I cant just build whatever. I have to have a dedicated build.

I was thinking 1h swords with destruction,heavy armor,smithing and enchanting. I also have the Undeath mod installed, so playing a necromancer conjurer who dabbles in destruction sounds pretty cool too.

Any ideas?

wew, wrong general

here, do this instead: deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-dps-build/

pic related

welp, spent 210k on top mats. and some tempers/tannins/resin. it's not like it was doing much sitting in the bank anyway.

Who do I message to get an invite to the PC EU guild? /tell @Hatebr33d3r gives me "account not found".

maybe send them mail instead? You have to be online to receive whispers.

Any drawbacks from buying TESO Gold from Steam?

I do want to activate all addons for PC to make it more enjoyable.

>steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/208684375432915205/

Guess I am not buying it after all.

There's not really any one role or class that is most needed over any other, but damage dealers make up the vast majority of players. Templar and Dragonknight both have lots of support abilities for damage buffs, armor buffs, healing, crowd control, etc. If you want a an easy support class that everyone wants around, go magicka templar healer.

Works for me.

steam at it again

Vampire is for magicka chars and werewolf for stamina,right?

werewolf, correct

vampire, not exclusively. vampires get more regen for both stamina and magicka, as well as reduced damage taken the lower their health is. so while vampire abilities are all magicka based, their passives can benefit certain stamina builds as well as magicka

>qt
Up to you. I can't speak for your sense of what's cute or not. You can make lighter skinned redguards though.

>scimitars
Yes. Swords crafted in the redguard racial style turn out as scimitars.

>camel
Works the same as any other mount so it's fine?

>turbans
Some motifs have turban-esque styles to them, namely Redguard. It varies by armor weight however - light armor has a turban-ish head covering, medium has one with a face covering, and heavy just abandons all that for a proper helmet.

>arabic outfit
Gear crafted with the "Abah's Watch" motif or Redguard stuff, probably. If you include Crown Store shit then the Whisperweft Gala and Salawar (I think it's called that) outfits, the shit that makes you look like a stereotypical harem girl. There's not really anything in there that resembles the big robes that people actually wear.

>good class
Stamina anything, especially DPS. Redguard and Khajiiit are the kinds of DPS right now, with redguard winning out in sustain and Khajiit winning out with burst.

Grabbed this game because it was on sale, downloading it now.
I want to tank, what tank is the most fun to play?

Nord waifu.

>fun tank

the fun tank I have is just a crafter for my other characters.

Can a redguard fill the role of magic dps?