imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Attempting to host a server for a bit, anyone interested?

New adventure or can we bring characters we've been using?

What's the best way to spawn the fucking skeleton merchant? I need his yoyo gloves and I've been spending hours looking for the guy while hardmode monsters rapes my vulnerable body.

underground jungle + water candle
just kill things until he spawns

The trick is not looking for him.

Any reason for underground jungle specifically?

it has a crazy high spawn rate

Higher spawn rate for monsters?

Thanks, luvs.

>Didn't want to check my surface dungeon without a depth meter, as the surface in that area was visibly lower than the rest of my world
>Finally beat skeletron
>water bolt was sitting right there waiting for me

Oh well. My ruby staff served me well enough.

So what's the point in doing the 1st tier of the DD2 event? It's just 5 waves and you only get a mask and a table as a reward for winning.

You can farm up the early sets pretty easily since the first tier is pathetically easy and quick.

You have to beat it to use the new sentry rods. I keep forgetting I have them, but they have come in handy.

>tmodloader still hasn't updated
I guess, while I'm waiting, what are some good mods worth using for terraria? I'm not sure how I feel about content stuff, because I don't want a ton of bloat, I more want things to enhance and spice things up a bit like the prefixes for monsters or the class rpg ones.
If there's new content stuff that doesn't drown the world in new ores and needs a dozen new crafting stations, that's fine.

So they're there so I can prepare for the 2nd tier of DD2 invasions, which unlock after the mechanical bosses. Got it.

I guess I should specify - you need to beat the event to use the sentry rods freely outside of the event.

>Randomly find slime staff from a slime rain
>Already have Imps

It's still the best summon weapon to pair with the greedy ring

I have already beat the event. I am on the first phase, tier, or whatever of the event, though. The last wave is the 5th and the last boss is the mage. I am just wondering what's the purpose of this part of the event, the pre-mech bosses part, apart from farming for medals.

Introduction to the event for newer players?

You get to experience the event without getting raped. It is fairly fun

>want to progress further through expert hardmode with my friend
>hes foreign and my sleep is so out of whack right now i only ever catch him with like 2 hours of his day left
>he refuses to play even though this is plenty of time to make even a little progress
>waste all his time playing some other game with him anyways
f-fuck

>I am just wondering what's the purpose of this part of the event,

I just told you. You beat the first phase so you can use the sentry rods outside of the event. That's it. Now that you've done it - awesome, you are done with phase one.

Instead of farming for enemy drops, you can farm to get each of the sentry rods. It may seem lackluster but what do you expect pre hard mode? You can complete that part as soon as you beat the brain/eater, the rewards at that point aren't going to be very good yet. But at the same time they are unique in that they are they only sentry weapons available at that point.

>All the interesting weapons are arbitrarily locked behind beating plantera
>Plantera is, by extension, locked behind beating ALL 3 mechanical bosses as a fucking awful balance measure red thought was ok to implement (it wasn't)
>Beating all the mechs is a fucking chore and often really fucking hard
>Once you have all your gear from the bosses, Plantera is laughably easy and is almost entirely irrelevant besides being a piss-poor content gate-keeper
I wish the new guys made better decisions than red did. New stuff is cool but everytime I see "XXX is a Hardmode post-Plantera weapon..." on the wiki I want to fucking kill myself,

And the mech bosses are locked behind the wall of flesh
And the wall of flesh is locked behind the guide

The guide is the source of all evil.

In my experience the Mech bosses are much easier than Plantera and Plantera itself is very easy once you get any pair of wings and Golem is arguably easier than all 4 of them.

>go full tank while buddy goes full DPS
>we're pissing away both plantera and golem by now
>can't beat the dundef event though
With the Terra blade i kind of manage my lane but Betsy really fucks us up with all these flying enemies.
Should i switch class to ranged or try to farm the summoned moons for better gear first?

So what would you rather have? You unlock hard mode and everything is available from the get go?

I haven't gotten to hard mode in this play through yet, but would the storm bow with holy arrows work? The dragon looks pretty big from what I have seen so it shouldn't be too hard to shower it with doom from above. Otherwise I know yoyos with the yoyo bag deal high single target damage. If you can get the one from mothron I bet you'd be OK.

Also for what it is worth, when doing the event in normal mode I found placing a couple flame towers on a few blocks up above the crystal helped a ton. If you place the towers higher up they have a much easier time targeting the enemies in the air.

The stormbow + holy arrows are great for dealing with the trash mobs but it'd be better to switch to one of the Hardmode Dungeon guns (With Ichor bullets of course) or Tsunami when Betsycomes along

The problem with Betsy is that she's moving really fast and uses mostly dashes to attack, very similar to Duke Fishron. I presume hitting her with the Sniper Rifle will be hard.

Tactical Shotgun? Nailgun?

If you suck at aiming then just use Tactical shotgun + Chlorophyte bullets

>Harpies spawn everywhere in the sky instead of just near sky islands
Fucking why.

This made making a railway across the sky of the entire world the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Put on some summoner gear and have your minions kill them while you build

Beyond that, I'm trying to find the sky islands on my new character/world without cheating, and I started jumping off my railway as soon as I saw them several times expecting the sky island to be nearby. They're fucking with warning signs, this sucks.

The only one that really bugs me is the Moon events being locked behind Plantera
I always have some trouble with Plantera on expert, but everything else after it is irrelevant thanks to how easily you can get Lunar weapons

Oh I'm way beyond that. I'm wearing bee armor and summoning 4 imps now. It's absolutely unfair.

Of course the Lunar events would be locked behind other bosses, they are intended to be completed last.

Quick, show me your fanciest, most aesthetically pleasing dundef arena. I need ideas to steal shamelessly.

What are the brightest placeable lights? I'm tired of having to build in the dark, and I don't want a bright light pet floating in front of where I'm trying to place things.

A mimic is being displayed by your lifeform analyzer.

How do you respond?

>Stardust Dragon kills it offscreen in the dark after chasing some other enemy
>No idea where it was

Drop everything to awkwardly chug a hunter potion and then have it despawn before I can even figure out which direction it's in.

I think you missed my point
After you beat Plantera you can race through what's left of the game extremely quickly. Golem is a pushover, the Moon events aren't mandatory, Fishron isn't mandatory, and the new Dungeon isn't mandatory.
Most of the drops from those post-Plantera battles are all trumped by Lunar items, which can easily be obtained after beating just one Tower.

There's a bunch of cool gear there but the progression is so messed up you'll hardly use any of it unless you're a summoner. Fishron is the only one that might be relevant since you can face him at any time. It'd be much better if the Moon events could be attempted earlier and Lunar weapons took more effort or even required beating the Moon Lord.

White torches, crafted from diamonds.

Kill it and get another damn magic dagger

I see Plantera as just a way to upgrade the Witch Doctor and getting better summoning gear and the keys if I choose to use them. If lucky maybe get The Axe. I have to kinda agree Plantera being a wall is kinda stupid. What does Plantera do exactly to keep you from getting ecoplasum and harder monsters in the dungeon which is on the other side of the world? Melee can make turtle armor, Range can grow surface mushroom just fine but mages? Yea mages can just go fuck themselves. May as well skip and do the pillars.

With Moon Lord they should've removed the Plantera wall. Do anyone really see Plantera being a required boss anyway, hell doesn't even have a summoning item which literally every other boss have beside Duke somewhat who is optional. Plantera should've been made optional and all related plantera-death items should became normal hardmode items.

Oh these'll do nicely. Thanks, user. You're a peach.

I get the feeling a lot of stuff was locked behind Plantera because it was convenient for balance reasons, since a lot of that stuff used to be available right from the onset of hardmode and completely trivialized early hardmode.

what's a good way for chest categorization
considering doing it like this
>plaques over a section of chests, max 3, displaying what's in the chests
>for example a picture of a bar for ore, bars, and gems
>a picture of a stone brick for bricks of any sort
>a picture of a piano for decorative items

Speaking of bosses, there needs to be a hallow boss and a hardmode boss for crimson/corruption.

Maybe not full fledged bosses but miniboss encounters like kingslime. Hardmode is missing stuff like him.

just wait for 1.4

Small worlds are horrible for building mansions because it's not long before you get into space.

I initially did it because I wanted it to be compact and reduce load times and get to ocean easy. But I see my error.

Now I am planning to make a new large world to use, and have a network of teleports all in one isolated teleport room (which you enter by using the teleporter which will be in my personal room).
Also, I'll plan to hide a storage room on an underground level (need a plan to prevent spawns from happening there, if possible). This storage will also use a teleporter to access, storage room teleport will also be in my room.

Additionally, the teleport room will have access to both oceans, each sky island, the middle of hell, and each end of hell, and to a surface shack found in every biome area near a lake in each (or for underground biomes, near an underground lake for them).

There will also actually be an arena area, which is something I don't normally do.

Any other suggestions? Something I missed?
Ideas for organizing and aesthetics? I don't actually build very much aside from pure function and I don't usually ever use the hammer to make them look pretty. What is a nice regular material to use regularly? I like things to be uniform and relatively simple. My current mansion is made of skyblocks (from the sky island buildings) and gold blocks (stolen from jungles) for my NPC commieblock apartments. Which will also be underground in an isolated area (with no way out or in, maybe just above my treasure room). Finally a small treasure area at my room for things I might actually want to use occasionally, and for my one-of items with best modifiers.

>(need a plan to prevent spawns from happening there, if possible)
Place Lizard Bricks. Player-placed ones don't cause spawns.

The only use small words have is for beginner players or people who just want to rush through some bosses.

>wire can be put into ammo slots
>actuators can't
Why?

Can I just place Lizard Bricks around the entire structure? That way I can build it normally underground so it looks nice and then just give it a protective Lizard Brick coating to prevent spawns. I'm hoping a normal construction wall also doesn't cause spawns.

Also, I'm guessing that they removed Lizard Bricks placed by players from spawning because it has been abused before.

>autopause off
Your own fault.

If map width is a problem, just use TerraCustom and fiddle with the dimensions.

>corruption/crimson/hallow versions of king slime

What would each have floating in them /teg/?

>Purple slime, Eater of Worlds fragments
>Red slime, Decapitated Face Monster
>Pink slime, Unicorn on a Stick

Hallow slime king: Some kind of generic Knight in shining Armour with a plume and cape and everything.

Corruption Slime King: Something like the Nazgul look when they're seen through the ring. Evil sorcerer kings.

King Crimson: A mass of amoeba in a human shape.

All of them drop neat costumes of course.

Host of the last server i played on is a cuck and hasnt started the server for a few days.

Any of you dudes got a server that's pre-hardmode, expert server thats ok for a Molten geared character to join?

why don't you host so i can play with you

Setup a hardmode server!
new characters only.
>192.168.0.13
>7777

because my internet is african desert tier

1.5mb/s down .7mb/s up at its BEST

which is maybe one hour a day.

define "new"

Hardcore*

Make a new character fresh

Just launched

forward your ports you cuck

>192.168.0.X

you do know that's your local IP right?

try whatismyip.com

I'm a fucking retard.

FORWARD YOUR

PORT

kek

Aft your starboard!

working on it.

god damn,

HURRY UP user

I WANT TO BUILD THINGS FOR YOU

I THINK IT DID IT

STILL CANT CONNECT

DO YOU HAVE ANY POTIONS, OR FOOD?

WHAT THE FUCK

>24.84.130.198

>terraria in:7770~7779 out:7770~7779 TCP/UDP Local:192.168.(numbers)
I literally followed the guide to the damn point.

>it's another user ruins everything by saying he will host a server and then miserably fucking up several times in a row episode

worst episodes.

I want to make this happen, my internet is the shit, any ideas on what do?

So, after playing around with portals and the master ninja gear, I noticed that with the speed and distance a portal ejects you after dashing in, you can dash back really soon, just as you start slowing down after being ejected, and with minimal challenge can keep a dash-portal-eject-dash-portal-eject cycle going regularly.

So I'm wondering if this could at all be useful in helping to dodge damage from the Moon Lord fight with the dodge ability of the armor and the portal transportation to instantaneously move you away from the danger zone that is probably homing in on you.

Thoughts? Maybe a special arena could be built to keep it up. Sorry if it's already been tried and is a failure. I'm just trying to think with portals. It's a very cool mechanism, and it would be nice if it could work. Also wondering if it could work with giving a temporary honey regeneration buff at the moment you hit the portal because of the way it sucks you in with even half-contact through barriers or narrow space as long as you are moving into it.

Also, what are the most fun things to do with portals that you guys have experienced?

Someone try now for the love of god

A flying enemy that spawns very often and shoots a VERY HIGH damage projectile from offscreen that can only be avoided if you're already in motion

Which enemy am I describing?

I would say Moon Lord, but that faggot forced itself to the middle of your screen like an attention whore. Most of it sounds like Harpies, but they're weak unless in numbers.

Diabolists from Hardmode dungeons?

?

Gastropod
Tridents don't accelerate the way demon scythes do.

>I would say Moon Lord
>>spawns very often
>Most of it sounds like Harpies
>>VERY HIGH damage projectile from offscreen that can only be avoided if you're already in motion
>Diabolists from Hardmode dungeons?
>>can only be avoided if you're already in motion

>can only be avoided if you're already in motion

Correct!

Gonna give it a shot as well

I never would've guessed that. 50/100 isn't that high for hardmode.

>50/100
>1/2
>Half
>NOT HIGH FOR HARDMODE

SERVERS UP

Don't be obtuse.
50 damage, or 100 in expert, can't be considered very high in hardmode. Lots of enemies, even other enemies with projectiles, do just as much or more. It's why I thought you were talking about the Red Devil, since they shoot for a rather ridiculous 160/320.

Gastropods are a nightmare during early hardmode