Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=geHI8gMkZJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who is your waifu?

Ken's jump tatsu is the biggest thing that needs to be fixed for season 2. It's fucking insanely broken. You can jump in for free with it any time you want and it beats every AA normal, then you can get a free combo once it hits. Whoever designed this move has fucking brain damage.

Daily reminder that sfv is shit.

Put Cummy Viper in S2!!!

SFV has faults but is a good game at it's core.

it's still not Ryu's JLK.

when you're paying so little attention to the game that it takes you 1 full match before realizing you didn't pick H-Akiha, but H-Seifuku

when you win anyway

Brown Milf is Guarenteed

reminder that the first 20 posts are always shit

in during shit posts

I've hated airdashers since I made the mistake of buying Xrd (worst fucking game I've ever played, pressure completely chokes out the neutral game and makes it a turnbased blocking test), but I played Central Fiction at a friend's house and had a lot of fun. The character designs were also less overdone and stupid looking. Which characters would be a good start for a Street Fighter player? Any tips for beginners?

blazblue is all about gimmicks and 5 minute long combos

play blazblue

I'm also a SF player who likes BB. Tager is really fun if you like gief. Jin was also fun and pretty simple.

animal ears when

>bb
>less overdone character designs
?

>but I played Central Fiction at a friend's house and had a lot of fun
>Any tips for beginners?
so as a beginner you think you have any right to comment on escaping pressure? lmao. BB pressure is stronger than GG pressure. Yes I play both.

BB has less ridiculous okizeme because of the universal mechanics

i wish makoto was my titty squirrel...

>anime

Blazblue is more neutral based than GG, you still need to learn the anime gameflow of pokes leading into pressure and active defending instead of waiting your opponent to make a mistake.
Hakumen is the Street Fighter character of the game.
Maybe in CS

GG is full of retarded shit like license plate hats, BB isn't as egregiously retarded

>Which characters would be a good start for a Street Fighter player?
Ragna, Jin, Hakumen, Tsubaki, Makoto, and Celica come to mind.

>I've never fought a decent Valk or Izayoi the post

can't wait until guile gets nerfed in season 2. braindead turtle autoplay character.

Es and Naoto as well probably, but Naoto is never really a good beginner choice.

It doesn't have the same appeal.

>manga
It's all shit

List of shit games
SFV
Revelator
Central Fiction
MKX
Melee
Skullgirls
Pokken

Might be good/nobody knows for sure
KoF 14
Killer Instinct

Good games:
Tekken 7

Guile is for low lifes like PISSS who smoked so much meth their brain matter has eroded away and the only type of character they can play are autoderp gorillas like Guile

He's like Zangief in SF4. Autoderp through every match. Now fags like Fraud Eyez are struggling to stay relevant in SF5 since you need a brain to use him

I can't wait for Tekken 7. I want to try Lucky Chloe already

>When he uses Bloodedge, his hair turns a shocking white and his eyes change to a fierce deep red, making him resemble the other Bloodedge – Ragna. Additionally, strange, red, glowing, rune-like symbols appear on his hand when utilizing the Bloodedge.

Yea, great character design.

good games: the ones you enjoy
bad games: the ones you dont enjoy

I guess the typical answer is Ragna or Jin, they're good beginner characters in general, but really you should just try out a bunch, see who you like and pursue that. Characters are so unique that any time spent on a character you don't really plan on playing is generally wasted.

Going in from Street Fighter; dash way more often, including airdashing, remember that you can block in the air and barrier block anti-airs. Because of dashes, an enemy's effective range can be much larger than it seems.

Air blocking can be better than blocking on the ground because you can't get overheaded or get low-hit, this makes up-back in the corner better than in SF.

Be more free with your meter usage because it doesn't carry over between rounds.

Bursts are best used when you know you're going to take a lot of damage; fatal counter hits, hit in the corner and opponent has 100 meter, etc; and they carry over between rounds, so using it early can also be helpful so it regenerates earlier and you can use it more. It's a balancing act.

When teching throws, note that if you get thrown but you hit your own throw buttons either too early or too late, you will still get thrown in a Throw Reject Miss, so don't just mash it when you think a throw is coming.

Crush Trigger attacks must be blocked with barrier or you will be guard broken.

You can tech by holding a button while getting hit, you'll tech at first opportunity. If you're on the ground, you can hold a direction and a button to roll in that direction while teching. This leaves you vulnerable to getting picked up off the ground by a hit, though; this is called OTG or Off The Ground. You can also just wait for normal wakeup but there's basically no reason to do that. If you tech in the air you can get hit in the air.

That's it I think.

You don't play Tekken and you're in denial that KOF is pure garbage

is susanoo gay furry

this

no fighting game is good

Okizeme isnt pressure you diaper; of course Xrd has stronger oki. BB has much more ridiculous pressure though. One game has really strong oki, the other one has really strong pressure; pick your poison. Of course there are some Xrd characters like Zato or Venom with incredible pressure, but then you have Izanami and Izayoi in BB for incredible oki.

>Blazblue is more neutral based than GG, you still need to learn the anime gameflow of pokes leading into pressure and active defending instead of waiting your opponent to make a mistake.
Wrong, GG is a little more neutral based. In BB you block a 2A and you are in a significantly worse situation compared to GG. In GG characters have stronger neutral tools in general so they need to be respected much more. Why do you think you have a separate meter for barrier and heat in BB?

WISH YOU'LL DIE

In twenty years (10 or 15 if you're optimistic), VR and masturbation touys will likely have progressed far enough to give you a convincing experience.
You'll be able to wreck any fighter in the bedroom as revenge after they wreck you in a match.

if you play SFV then Azrael should be your thing
Unga

None of this is true. In Xrd you pretty much take turns pressuring each other in the corner.

Xrd has braindead oki and preassure

Against a moron like you, sure.

>mash out dp
>nothing comes out
>get hit and combod
makes my fucking blood boil

Dude Nu and Lambda can just meaty fireball the entire screen on your knockdown, fuck your rolls.

This was actually really good advice, thank you

I don't play GG, just watched a lot of tourneys before I got sick of watching top players taking turns mashing in the corner.

>mash out DP
>super comes out
>super is trash for anything but combo extension because ayylmao fundies #riseup

why did they have to make sims super so stupid in sfv

>Silver
>tfw a big strong Diamond player joins your battle lounge and stays for a FT10
Needless to say it was a 10-0.

>Mash DP
>Cry when it doesnt work

Fucking shoto players

I hope you realise that actual BB players agree with what I said. Both games have strong ways to open the opponent up; In Xrd your initial mix up is very strong, in BB your initial mix up isn't as strong but its likely that you will get more chances to open them up. Not to mention BB has more grounded overheads than Xrd, which can be converted into damage easily. There are of course exceptions to the rule, but that's just character variety. If you have trouble getting out of Xrd pressure but not BB the chances are that you are playing really good Xrd players and shitty BB players or you are garbage at Xrd and decent at BB.

>I don't play GG, just watched a lot of tourneys before I got sick of watching top players taking turns mashing in the corner.
Oh, so you are a streamboar who has no idea what he is talking about.

the /blaz/ discord has info on all characters in the pastebin

what happened to the sniffboat poster

hope he didnt kill himself

He was at his prime last year and the year before

He would post and then somebody would always respond with sniffing poopdecks and then "who futa here" it was like clock work

Why aren't you touching up your bnbs in purseowner for the eventual Steam release and P5A?
It's never going to happen is it?
Play against a good I-No, Millia or Ramlethal player and tell me how neutral based the game is.
Even the dirtiest oki setups like what Kokonoe and Relius have can be solved. I agree that you can extend pressure longer in BB, but that's 2 players playing and not one player waiting for another chance to guess the oki setup right.

KI is pretty fucking good pham and surprisingly well populated.

I always find ranked matches at all times, cant say the same for BB or GG.

youtube.com/watch?v=geHI8gMkZJc

90% of GG games are like this, two retards autoderping all over each other, if you have the reactions to overcome the braindead mash setplay that comes out of the "neutral" you win

>Oh, so you are a streamboar who has no idea what he is talking about.
sure thing anineet. I'm sure the best GG players in the world streaming hundreds of hours of their matches is in no way representative of your kusoshit game lmao

Just like how steam numbers weren't representative of console ones

Hey friends! Just wanted to remind you
PSN is having a sale right now where
> Guilty Gear: Revelator is $18
> Street Fighter V is $20, the season pass is $15 or Digital Deluxe Edition is $30
> Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is $20
> One Piece Burning Blood is $25
> Arc system works is giving us all the middle finger by putting Blazblue: Chrono Phantasm Extend on sale for $12.50

Current rumors:
> King of Fighters XIV will be on Flash Sale for $30 this weekend (SNK already dropped the price of XIV to $40 on Amazon; so sale to gain interest then a lower price makes sense)
> Skullgirls will be on flash sale for $5 (Because when isn't it on sale)
> Nitro+ Blasterz for $10 (okay I'm pretty much just making this up)
> Arcsys will still not care about anyone who wants Central Fiction (history)

It's cheaper than ever to play! I can't wait to see some of you online this weekend!

> TFW a high level player on a smurf account joins your battle lounge
> Does a FT10
> 4 games in start taking rounds off him
> 7 games in start putting points on the board
> 10 games in he quits
Whatcha running for? There's no points here!

>tfw someone will make a good version of the nesica emulator
>tfw someone will eventually add ggpo to said emulator
>tfw console cucks paid $120 to play dead af bbcf and xrd revelator with DOGSHIT netcode whereas the pc master race will get them for free with huge lobbies

why do we keep winning bros?

KI is the best fighting game for xboners to play is why, sony money hatted all the other big ones

>expecting a game that hasn't even been out a month to be on sale

And all that happens 10 years after release of the games, when the consoles already have 5 newer iterations of them.

Who aren you quoting frogdiaper?

Forgot to mention the sale is on the US PSN

I'm not expecting it to be $20 but knocking off $10 would be a nice gesture to get more people to play. Also you've still gotta buy Mai.

BBCF isn't among the games that were available on the board, and Revelator isn't on Nesica period.

nah

just look at melty blood

Tfw it's 2016.9 and there's no release date for Tekken 7 yet

>this is what pcucks actually believe

lmao

Did the new Blazblue shit actually hurt Xrd's population?

nop

Melty players had no way to play online because the original netcode was so bad.

Xrd and CF netcode is good enough for those players to stick to console.

Have fun waiting for something that's never going to come, PCfat.

Nesica already got hacked, console cuckold. Keep telling yourself that it won't happen.

do you even play tekken?

>reach new rank
>players you could beat before are worth less points
>they take more points if they beat you
ranking up is suffering

I'd like to add that coming from street fighter, especially if you played a charge character, you may have a habit of teching while holding downback. If you do this in bb, you will always tech roll. You will want to break yourself of that habit if you have it.

Almost everything you spout from your mouth is fucking retarded but I guess that's to be expected from a trip. Why in the world are you mentioning Kokonoe and Relius in BBCF lmao? There are characters like Carl, Izanami, Rachel, Izayoi, Arakune with much dirtier set ups than Relius or Kokonoe. You literally reply to any post so long as you have like 10 hours invested into said game in an attempt to use your extremely primitive knowledge to boost your fgg trip cred.

You literally just admitted to watching a lot of tournament footage of a game you haven't played or have played very little of. That's the definition of streamboar

Only Nesica 1.0 was hacked, BBCF runs on Nesica 2.0 and Xrd isn't on Nesica at all, it runs on All.Net I believe.

kys polturd

>emulator
They're cracked PC games.

Yes

>e-eventually i'll get to play games!!! y-you'll see
lmao

$220 preowned ps4 on gamestop
I still can't bring myself to buy it because of the $60 forced online fee.
How the fuck are people okay with paying this fee?

Are fighting games just a game of educated guesses?

are you sure you're not lying to me?

lmaoooo have fun waiting for that caster

you can regularly get it for $40 or less and you get extra discounts and games to dl every month

No I'm not lying I okay TTT2 with solo Bryan. I'm at brawler rank desu

free games! uhh discounts?

ok

it's $5/mo
how poor are you

t. 12 dollars an hour wageslave

>the worst iteration of Guile so far
>diapers still angry