/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
To Be Added

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e4G8IlNYgws
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to marry Cleo

I miss Seven Kingdoms 2.

Yes, yes it does.

I've rerolled like the autistic fuck that i am over and over hoping to get at least one continent map that doesn't run from north ice to south ice or just leaves one tile of water.

it's so frustrating they add stupid shit like 6 sided snowflakes, but cant make a non-fucktard looking continent map that doesnt look like this

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

that's a big list

for you

If I update the game, will you die?

your eyebrow graphic quality is bothering me

It would be extremely boring

... I dunno what comes after that. I never watched that movie.

I will educate you through son user.

youtube.com/watch?v=e4G8IlNYgws

song*

Weeb achievement won't trigger no matter what, is this a common bug? Wouldn't usually care but the prereqs happen so often as Japan it's starting to annoy me.

How the fuck do I beat the AI to religion in Immortal, Marathon. Plz dont' say "Don't bother", I'm asking because I want to not because I need to, but it seems impossible. They always end up taking feed the world which I really want.

I am fond of strategy.

You have no choice but to cheese them.

How?

Are you having cranial temperature issues, my friend?

I am not your friend !

yes you are

Holy site projects?

Get on board, I'll call it in.

2 sites/shrines and maybe 1 holy site project is usually enough.
divine spark is a nice boost too.
though i usually only play small size continents with 4 religions. im starting to try standard size today.

what really most effects whether you get a religion is the other AIs. the game has a way of pushing you toward a particular strat and sometimes it gives you a religion easy. sometimes it makes it near impossible. like when you start coastal and saladin is there. sometimes it spoonfeed you late stonehenge when nobody wants it. you have to develop a sense of what strategy it is herding you toward.

Give me a creative way to win my next game with any victory type /civ/
It doesn't even have to be plausible, I just want to win a game in a new and interesting way

...Okay, which one of those mods do you actually recommend?

Everyone post your Stellaris species.

I need inspiration.

So, I'm new to Civ V modding. Is there a mod that makes civs spawn in their historical locations on certain maps?

They're all Neptunia girls.
Uni's Gun Runners, a military dictatorship with small xenophile tendencies.
Their motto is "join the army, meet interesting people, learn to kill them".

The Lowee Alignement, a religious xenophile theocracy.
Their motto is "let's all praise our Fair Lady".

The Pan Neptune, a scientist republic who breeds quickly and spread everywhere.
Their motto is "I turned my passion into a job".

Leanbox's Gold Diggers, a capitalistic theocracy who's all about production but is bad at research.
Their motto is "once you paid for the console, you can paid for the services".

Lastation, a fanatic xenophobic pacifist republic.
Their motto is "GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE".

So domination is the most tedious victory type right?

So Japan just has a useless feature (electronic factories) that doesn't do shit until almost end-game? Electricity is way too late for me to care. Can I even rush it?

Ok. I've tried googling, but I just get shit for Civ5. I'm trying to install mods for Civ4:BtS such as Fall from Heaven and Rise from Erebus and whatnot. But they're not showing up in my launcher and the launcher that installs with the mods doesn't work at all. I've tried installing the mods into BOTH mod directories, but it still doesn't work. What do I do to install mods?

And it's just these two mods. Master of Mana works just fine.

You can only settle on coasts and must burn captured non coastal non capital cities.

Pigs

DUDE

It's the least tedious, because you can use the combat system which requires some tactical thinking, which admittedly isn't much because of bad AI and bad general design, but is still head and shoulders over what you do for the other victory types.

What ABOUT pigs, pink-skin?

He's fond of them

Fall from Heaven 1 is shipped with BtS,

Fall from Heaven 2 is the one you actually want, and I don't remember the steps but it couldn't have been very difficult.

Just make sure you have a pirated copy instead of fucking around with Steam (buy the game if it makes you feel better).

Well, that's all right, then.

So, does this species have THREE head-tails? Where does the third originate?

Are they tails or fur?

They definitely twitch around like they're tails.

You can see one on either side of the head, and a third wrapped around the neck.

I want to touch the fluffy tail

This is the best-looking set of clothes in the game.

I wish that you could choose what clothing set your species wore.

Yeah, I've been fucking around with steam. That's probably the issue.

all me btw

Depends on what sort of gameplay do you want to have.

Stellar Expansion and it's addons are practically compatible with anything, since it doesn't modify any vanilla files, though the geoforming and terraforming might have huge game-changing implications. I use them to spice my Alphamod games.

Stellaris+ adds a lot of new buildings and techs while keeping everything relatively close to vanilla compared to Alphamod. Don't use Stellaris+ [Buildings & Resources Module] with Alphamod, though, or you will have compatibility/balance issues.

Anything that adds more events is good, and I have made sure to install the proper compatibility patches for Alphamod and other mods I like that would otherwise would be incompatible. My version of Ringworld Restoration is an Alphamod compatible version that is not found in the Workshop, for example.
Ethic & Government Rebuilt is great for RP purposes, and since recently there's a Alphamod version too. Spectra Flag Colors is compatible with E&GR, unlike other flag colors mods.

Fox Leader, Researcher Traits Fix and Extended Traits are pretty good on their own, as well.

Music mods help make the game less repetitive more than you would think, and the Tiny UI mods help ease

I am unsure of the quality of AutoBuild concerning making the AI less retarded, but some of it's features are useful.
Harder Invaders allows you to set multiple crisis, Unending Reinforcements, plus other options.
Improved Pops also adds cool features.
All three of these can have all of their features disables and enabled individually in-game.

I am fond of pigs

Fanatic Individualist/Materialist/Direct Democracy or Individualist/Materialist/Militarist/Plutocratic Oligarchy?

I am fond of being a butcher.

I am fond of pork.

individualist/materialist/militarist military republic

Why?

i am fdonhjkml'z;
serm,l;p543l,,,,t.

It depends on which Neptunia character you're roleplaying as.

Spain got their own island right at the ice barrier. They never built another city. They just lived the entire match never doing anything but living up north. Never even saw a missionary or ship or anything.

What if Civ had infinite stacking of units on a tile, but a supply limit meant they took damage if you had more units than the supply limit of that tile on that tile

Then AI would stumble upon itself.

Then it would be too hard to program the AI for it (keeping in mind that Firaxis now has employees too incompetent to make walls become obsolete), and the devs would remove that feature for that reason.

>having to check how many dudes a tile can hold before you move your army

Awful. It's like playing EU4 as Hungary.

>tfw stellaris will never be good

Mod the fuck out of it

Are you kidding?

I'm loving the hell out of Stellaris.

How many cities do you have and what difficulty are you playing on?
How do so many civs like you?

individualist is broken as shit desu

No, I know, but why that selection?

I think Stellaris really needs something more to give the factions flavour and unique feel.

Maybe something like the Suprmacy/Purity/whatever thing Civ BE had.

Win a military victory in the Industrial Age using only medieval era units

You are not allowed to war anyone before you reach industrial and are not allowed to build or upgrade industrial era units.

I dunno, I'm not that guy

materialist is also really good

militarist is okay I guess, but I think military republic is shit, bonuses to armies are worthless

>save up faith
>build siege towers
>hit industrial era
>buy 50 knights
>stomp over everyone

Is Direct Democracy a good choice?

I love the happiness bonus and the increase to leadership experience, but I could be persuaded to pick something else.

it's fine I suppose

honestly it's not that important, pick whatever government you want to fit your empires feel

xenophobic pacifist is the best choice

Why's that?

Yes, but you see, I have a neurotic desire to be overpowered.

Korvall
A race of mollusks that are fanatical materialists and individualists. Also they have the long lived trait.

Believe in freedom for everyone, will go to war against slavers to liberate the peoples but will otherwise avoid war when possible. I always research sentient AI with them as fast as possible and fast track AI rights.
Also love the genetic engineering. Basically anything that promotes individualism and freedom to succeed they're ok with.

Half new, learning how to into city design. Should I always put morgawr cities on the coast, or should I put it a tile or two away so I can expand outward with streets better?

Which portrait did you choose?

*endless obviously, forgot to say

Which of the Stellar Expansion addons do you recommend?

well I like the military govt that gives -ship upkeep, I always have trouble with that

The one with the tentacle face
>haven't played Stellaris in a while
>relaunch game
>I'll just screenshot my race, I filled out everything even their backstory
>deleted

Well fuck you too, Paradox.

Most of them only add new techs and buildings that give new bonuses to production or other things. I'd use those regardless of what other mods I'm using. The other ones change a bit more the gameplay mechanics.

Voidcraft is good if you're not playing with any other mod that adds new ship types, since it might make things too complicated/redundant if you do use them both at the same time.

I am not sure how the Geoengineering mod would play out with mods that allow you to colonize asteroids or gas giants. I'm unsure of the fairness of the Terraforming mods, since I've never seen the AI terraform worlds, so it might give the player an advantage over the AI.

If you are individualist that means you are locked out of despotic hegemony so pick scientific directorate or w/e the materialist oligarchy government is called. The extra research alternative is pretty good, higher chance at rare/dangerous techs and it makes it easier to get to what you want faster than other empires.

If you had certain mods installed when you made it like a namelist or something it won't appear unless you activate that mod

Shit
99% of my mods have an alert for being out of date on them.

That usually doesn't matter. Mods get labeled out of date if their description file hasn't had one line of text edited to the newest update number. So mods like namelists and emblems and colors and surface stuff still work fine when activated because nothing in the new patch effected the same thing they did.

Yeeeaaah

Yeeeaaah

She looks uncannily like my dead sister except for darker skin tone and it always weirds me out

is your life a clickhole article?

when Gandhi talks to me about deterrence, is he grateful I'm not using my soldiers, or is he calling me a little bitch for not having enough?

This is his accordance to agenda spiel. That means he is happy you are not declaring wars at all

The spiel for nuke happy, I don't know when it triggers. I have not seen it either way

Thoughts on freeciv? There is a moblie app for it, any chance it wouldn't be like all other mobile games, with ads popping up.

Given the lack of answers, I'd assume it's shit.

You can still salvage it from user_empire_designs in your documents > paradox > stellaris folder.

Not him, but my first Civ6 game was on Chieftain just to be able to see everything on ez mode, and still everyone hated me, except for 1 nation.

Why isn't there some kind of system for multilateral alliances and mutual security pacts, NATO/WarPac style, instead of just a clusterfuck of entanglements of mutual defense agreements?

Send delegations the first turn you meet a civ
Giving 100 gold as a gift gives you +10 diplomacy for favorable trades
Trade route to a civ gives +2
Open borders to a civ is +3
Friendship is like +7 or something
Getting an alliance with a civ gives you +17 FOREVER, even if you aren't allied with them anymore

Brazil/China/Aztec are lost causes if you don't befriend them in the early game.

Oh, and you can also send delegations/embassies after they send you one. You can open their menu and send it back as you load the next turn.

That's a better choice than Direct Democracy?

Does anyone have link to the Civ 5 SDK download?