Can somebody tell me why there is so much hate for this car?

Can somebody tell me why there is so much hate for this car?

>Ford 3.5L EcoBoost
>446 lbs
>over 700 HP
>over 675 LB ft torque

>Chevy LT4
>529 lbs
>650 HP
>650 lb ft torque

Turbo V6's are clearly better than turbo V8's for track performance. Why would you want extra weight if you're trying to create a lightweight track vehicle?

boomers value form over function

fuck off with your projections on the gts power until we see numbers on paper

You didn't know, user? The GT dominated Ferrari back in the 60's. Legends has it, it's a tradition that Ferrari enthusiasts hold a grudge against Ford.

I love everything about it, except two things

>Sounds bad
>Made in Canada

There are plenty of good sounding V6s out there but this is not one of them.

Can't hate something I can never come close to affording... unless I don't buy anything in the next 10 years.

What's so bad about Canada? >:E

Not him but nothing. its just odd how this is supposed to be an "american" car and its not even built here. the original GT wasn't built here (except for the MKIV) but at least those had american engines.

If you're a JDM swag-boy and your favorite JDM car isn't even built in japan anymore and has an engine from another country (new supra) then you can probably see how that can be a turnoff completely to some.

literally this

You know that the corvette has a supercharged v8, not a turbo v8 right?

The fucking block might weight that much, but you strap on all the shit you need for the turbo setup and I guaran-fucking-tee you that you're going to be heavier than that LT4.

When ford fans try to be alphonse.
Can Alphonse save this thread?
Please come show this new fag how to properly shit post on The God of Laptimes that is General Motors.

[citation needed]
function>form

Bump

Welcome to the global economy.

Where American cars are built in Mexico and Mexican farmers are built in China.

That's because there's value in it being built in Japan.
American build quality is shit, who cares if it's not left in the hands of 9 digit retards who can't wait to slap it together and get home for the weekend?

>Can somebody tell me why there is so much hate for this car?

It's a Ford GT that doesn't have a V8.

Even worse, Ford is supposedly working on a turbo V8 for the Mustang which meant that all the backlash that the V6 got could have been avoided.

I actually defended the GT when it came out. But then alphonse and all the other Ford fangirls made me hate by association.

>Turbo V6's are clearly better than turbo V8's for track performance.

What are you basing this assumption on?

>implying a turbo V8 would fit in a incredibly small engine bay

Gm fangirls

1. No one hates it
2. Considering a GT costs 400k and a Z06 Vette costs 80k, I would hope it performs better in every possible metric.

That being said, we don't know about the road car's performance yet because Ford is releasing very little, so those claims are hard, almost impossible, to make.

Because in Veeky Forums, hating things is how autists get people to notice them

Btfo he won't recover

>18th

LMAO

It placed ahead of any corvette

Stay btfo gm fangirls

One of the best american cars was built in quebec, the 4th gen ls1 camaro firebirds.

I don't consider them any less american. In fact, the part of quebec where they were built (north shore of montreal) might be more american than a lot of american places.

so when is someone going to swap out the ecoboost for the 350r's engine?

It could make 300 horsepower for all I care, that V6 sounds terrible.

That's fine thats how your priorities are, but if I spend 500k on a super car, I want it to sound like a super car, not a trumped up accord.

It won't fit, dumbfuck

>Ford finally figures out how to make a high revving flat plane v8
>uses an f150 v6 instead

this is why yuropoors laugh at americans

we better get some wicked exhaust wizardy then

Don't need a V8 to set fast lap times

The last GT literally had a truck engine in it

>That's fine thats how your priorities are, but if I spend 500k on a super car, I want it to sound like a super car, not a trumped up accord.

>My definition of a super car is a traditional american v8 with no forced induction

Keep your shitty opinions to yourself, turbo v6s sound great.

>That's because there's value in it being built in Japan.

Didn't seem like Honda or Toyota shared those thoughts when making the new Supra or NSX and it'd be ironic if the new NSX was more reliable and better built initially as it comes out than the GTR was when it came out in 08 (and even some years after that) since i heard my fair share of horror stories about that car despite being built in japan. i personally always thought whether a car had good quality or not was in the design and the budget of the parts used which is why the camry and corolla seem to be doing fine despite being built by (gasp) people in kentucky.

It could be turbo, hell it could be a 4 cylinder for all I care, as long as it sounds good, but it doesn't.

If you want to pretend a car's sound isn't relevant that's your own problem, but people wouldn't be buying so many ferraris if they sounded like camries.

Good enough for Lexus apparently, and they are real sticklers about who they let build their cars.

A FUCKING LEAF

Gm fangirls

the entire reason for building the GT was to market ecoboost engines

is ford really shit, or are gm fags really talking bullshit again

Remind me why Ford didn't strap a couple of turbos to their Voodoo engine and call it the Ecoboost V8?

Wouldn't be surprised if they are going to do that and market it as a special edition down the line.

>Over 700hp
Got a sauce for that? Ford is still stating 'over 600hp' on their website.

Also, LT4 isn't a turbo V8, so there goes your entire conclusion.

>Design engine bay around a smaller engine
>Complain it can't fit a big engine
If Ferd made it to fit a V8 from day one, it would've fit. Sadly, it's the marketing department that makes engine choices over at Ford, not the engineers.

Because they designed it not to fit.

Still, just wait until somebody puts a Voodoo in. It'll happen eventually, and it'll be glorious, especially with the turbo's still in place.

Because Ford still can't figure out how to direct injection a V-ate. Ecoboost = turbo + DI, and the Modular lacks the latter.

Meant for

It wouldn't fit you braindead fuck
No, it literally wouldn't of.

>hurr durr i know better than an entire team of engineers

>they designed it not to fit
Thanks for admitting it won't fit.

>hurr durr i need muh v8
You little fucks are why the hellcat nearly weighs 2 and a half tons. Die in a hole