Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NCCD1XnbQhI
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1771140
youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jazfog
twitter.com/AnonBabble

breach?
more like drink bleach

I wish they made melee like attack-move in Dota 2 where you just go and hit the closest thing in range or even just attack the closest thing in the area until it's cleared.

my fps has been complete dogshit since the patch wtf GGG

That artist has seemingly know idea how a human spine works, or how hips work for that matter.
But hey, puffy vulva I guess.

Guess what achievement I just got boys, with a Tabula Rasa as a cherry on top.

>We heard your concerns about Blade Vortex so we released Blade Flurry which is even stronger, ranged, and is the buff melee needed
youtube.com/watch?v=NCCD1XnbQhI

>melee

bully free edition

why is everything that isn't coc discharge or vms or vspark so shit???

let's see any of those builds clear a t16 in 2 minutes

what """bug""" are GGG going to discover that leads to gutting blade flurry for 2.5

Does this game actually have build variety or does everyone end up playing the same 4-5 builds?

i cant tell if ur being srs

Big sale goyim, pay up!

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1771140

The game has build variety.
Everyone ends up playing the same 4-5 builds.

That's like asking "does human food have build variety or does everyone end up eating the same 4-5 foods?"

give the amount of buffs, nearly everything is viable at low-mid tier maps

if you want to clear the whole game's content, no there only a handful of top tier builds

but the answer to the foods would be no
the answer to poe is yes

I mean, people have killed Shaper with things like Fireball, Lightning Tendrils, Ball Lightning or Viper Strike

you could kill him with glacial hammer, that doesn't mean it's good at all

>if you want to clear the whole game's content, no there only a handful of top tier builds
It means you're objectively wrong

Any skill is viable with enough currency.

>6% more damage at level 20
are you kidding it's literally godtier after 2.4

I'm being practical. If you want to make a build that just does default attack, you can do that. You could probably clear maps with it, given enough time. But you're fucking retarded to attempt it

>Fireball, Lightning Tendrils, Ball Lightning
Have all AoE capacity and fine map clearing builds.
Swapping a gem for a boss takes half a second.

>Viper Strike
Arguably the shittiest of those I mentioned and can still do work with Melee Splash.

This isn't about some handicap people were intentionally giving themselves for the sake of it, they just chose an unpopular skill and made it work. Thereby proving your assumption that "only a handful of top tier builds" can clear end content wrong.

you don't seem to grasp what i'm saying but instead want to argue semantics
for your sake I hope you're just bored

>to argue semantics
Not really, all of those are Shaper viable and without some tremendous budget that would bruteforce them from being shit tier to suddenly being Shaper viable tier. All of those can clear maps just fine without being gimmicky single target skills only. All of those have proven to beat the single hardest content despite being deemed as shit tier by the "community". So what exactly is your argument?

just because it's killed shaper with a 500ex build doesn't make the skill good, even if it was killed with a 2ex build doesn't even mean the skill is good or the game is balanced

outright comparing something like Blade Vortex to X skill - Fireball, Lightning Tendrils, Ball Lightning it is outclassed in damage and mechanics in every way.

The same goes for shit like Heavy Strike, where it's outclassed by shit like EQ and AW or Flicker Strike when it should be the top tier 1 single-target melee skill in the game with Ancestral Protector. But no it's fucking trash even for it's phys base damage %

>just because it's killed shaper with a 500ex build
Spellcaster builds don't cost 500 ex, sorry. By definition, they peak with LL, a level 21 gem, a level 4 Empower.
>even if it was killed with a 2ex build doesn't even mean the skill is good or the game is balanced
What does that even mean?

>outright comparing something like Blade Vortex to X skill - Fireball, Lightning Tendrils, Ball Lightning it is outclassed in damage and mechanics in every way.
It really doesn't matter how you rank them, and whether BV is still #1 wasn't even the point of contention. The point was that the difference is not so large as you might think, and killing Shaper in 4 minutes instead of 3 minutes doesn't suddenly disqualify a skill/build from not being "end game viable".

>The same goes for shit like Heavy Strike, where it's outclassed by shit like EQ and AW or Flicker Strike when it should be the top tier 1 single-target melee skill in the game with Ancestral Protector. But no it's fucking trash even for it's phys base damage %
Again, this wasn't the argument. Shit skills exist. There are not, only a "handful of top tier builds" at the top, only a handful of builds people are willing to copy.

GGG giving mtx babbs a lesson in fashion

>Blade Flurry
>literally changed to an attack at the last minute when it was originally a spell similar to Bladefall, Blade Vortex

>'channeling' skills
>just a tacked on mechanic that could be applied to literally ANY ability that's spammed

Only Flameblast is a truly a channeling ability because it's not something you fucking spam. What's the distinction between holding down a button for Scorching Ray and Freezing Pulse or Arc? You'd still stand in place and deal damage.

Meanwhile Flameblast requires you to let go of the key to actually deal damage based on your channeled time. They could just tack on this more damage for duration channeled gimmick onto other skills fucking easily.

in theory you could probably spend a couple mirrors and a few hundred ex on spell dagger and spell shield, plus skyforths. Maybe a mirrored belt or HH too. Also jewelery.

>What's the distinction between holding down a button for Scorching Ray and Freezing Pulse or Arc?
Stacks, we've been over this already. Holding SR for 5 seconds at a time is not the same as holding it 1 second on 5 separate occasions.

>They could just tack on this more damage for duration channeled gimmick onto other skills fucking easily.
They could, and it would change the way you play them. Your point?

Blade Flurry was always a melee ability, but it should have probably lost the tag when it when they gave it crazy range and turned the single hits into AoE.

not funny

not funny

Why would you play this game?

I don't understand whats so fun about this type of video game.

tell me why its fun

Things I like about PoE
>decent graphics
>decent to good sound/music
>lots of customization and character building
>a good variety of skills even if most are shit
>I like clearing through trash and fighting a mostly satisfying boss
>I like to see my build come together
>I like to see GOOD loot

>Why would you play this game?
If you have to ask, you will never understand

There's a wide range of tastes this game satisfies.

I'm a braindead shitcrow who watches youtube while grinding life-leech "melee" builds, other people like hardcore adrenaline rushes and losing characters/progress, others like racing, others theorycrafting, some loot whores and gambling addicts, armchair chaos orb economists, and so on.

On the gameplay side, pretty graphics, mechanics are pretty tight (except real melee that sucks ass), nice art direction, interesting loot and crafting system and new leagues/mechanics/skills regularly.

at the end of the day, i enjoy grinding greatly, but rpg-type grinding feels too deterministic. Spending hours or days doing the same content over and over again just to watch an xp bar move up Disgaea style seems way too grim for me. On the flipside, the Diablo model of "there's a chance you might get something good right now" appeals because it's not so set in stone. On average I might wind up running the same shit the same amount of time, but I'll have had the carrot of a high tier drop leading me along constantly instead of being told I'll get something good at a certian point that's incredibly far off.

PoE just happens to have the best implementation of that model to my tastes right now. Borderlands feels sluggish, Diablo 2 feels outdated, Diablo 3 is just bad. Various other ARPGs all have some faults that outweigh PoE's faults so I'll stay with this until something better comes around.

i always drop that on my 1st char in new leagues, usually before hillock too

if you think im lying youre obviously not very good at the game, at least not as good as me and my tabby

Wish there was a Melee Echo instead of Multistrike.

sometimes gearing in a new hc league can be like multivariable calculus (without rmting), i like a good challenge

Double strike

i killed shaper with a 200 pdps dagger and a level 10 blade flurry gem

balanced

youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y

>This used to be nerf-worthy clearspeed

post you are character

>lying on the internet

Your just jealous of my obviously superior Rasa.

Why is this ok

Is there any way to stop this fucking PoE from doing stupid as fuck small updates on steam that take forever because it's doing some lame shit checking the entire game??

fuck me man get your shit together

Someone said offline client treats updates differently but i don't know for sure

>needing like 20gb free for a 1.2mb update
Why

what the fuck am i looking at

how can life builds even compete?

You can get the standalone client, you will have to contact support to get your account changed.

Steam creates a back up of the whole game while updating. That means while you only need a 1.5mb patch it just redownloads everything for reasons.

it also has to do with how poe packages its files, poe has just one big file instead of small ones that steam can selectively download

idk having any endurance charges at all

is this on predictive? i fucking hate this fight 2hard4me

needed ES instead of life

It is the effective damage multiplier of each melee skill when accounting for their secondary effects. AoE skills are better at single target than skills that are expressly "single target"

>Earthquake does 272.5% base damage single target
>Heavy strike does 193.7% base damage single target
> Molten strike with extra projectile enchant does 674% base damage single target

how should I go about generating endurance charges?

Emduring cry?

Molten Strike requires all projectiles overlap though. Possible with increased AoE? If melee is fixed I'll play it, I've always liked it early but namelocking is dicks.

It's amazing that GGG never could see how shitty Heavy Strike was in comparison to these skills though it's disgusting. Heavy Strike should be the #1 single-target skill bar a channeled for over-time though I suppose Earthquake falls off if you consider multiple hits because you need the second effect but even then Earthquake is better more often than not and grants AoE.

can someone link me a Chance to Flee build? really want to use that gem

Can any jew user inform me on the best way to price check Rares? Preferably a video or something similar

>9 more days
>Space Hulk: Deathwing beta still not out

Enduring Cry. It's not hard to press a single button once every 10 seconds. The guy even as a unlinked Rallying Cry that wasn't used once so sockets are not an issue. Follow it up with that also never used Decoy Totem for 10% Less damage taken and now you're getting tanky.

so how hard is blade flurry getting dunked on in 2.5

I'm not sure how molten strike functions entirely, there was an old write up on the forums a long time ago from a dev. I believe it functions similar to firestorm, orbs land in an aoe infront of the player but "generally" overlap the origin point of the attack.

It's not a perfect comparison of skills, puncture damage is high but subsequent attacks will be much lower because the DoT doesn't stack and if there is a long delay on EQ you might get more than 1 hit with a single target skill but in the end you're still losing out on a gem slot which further increased the divide.

I want to play a dot/curse build, any recommendations? The witch forum is mostly dd or summon builds

>playing anything but CI/LL in logoutcore

I've been playing poe pretty consistently and I think im ready to buy more tabs so i can organize and shit.

Do they ever go on sale? The currency one doesnt have stack limits right so thats pretty good it seems.

There was a sale on tabs like 2 weeks ago

welllllllll shit

They go on sale once a month or there abouts

Currency one has items stack up to 5k

On sale third weekend of every month or something like that.
A single stack in Currency Tab maxes out at 5k.

This surely wasn't on lockstep and you used a +20% monster damage on the map for some reason

1/1.2 = 8.33
8.33*6500 = 5400

Sorry, but 5.4k life with no mitigation is really asking for it against a t16 boss

0.833*

I just got to merciless difficulty's Eternal Laboratory and tried doing a map i got as a drop. My level was 66 and i was getting absolutely rekt with a 2h Marauder earthquake built.

Should i complete this merciless run and then worry about maps? or is my build just shit or something

I've been trying to find a way to link my character but the farthest i can get is here: pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jazfog

Finishing Merc is actually harder than most map bosses up to tier 10 I think. For some reason malachai is still stupidly hard.

desu it was from a sextant on springs that I didn't have the sextants to get rid of, I was just yoloing it. it's end of league and the build (resolute technique slayer b flurry) wasn't really as strong as all the assassin blade flurry hype was, and I was kinda disappointed from that. so I was just testing it out on a minotaur map, didn't expect to get lag one shot though.

I certainly didn't have "no mitigation", but obviously I didn't have enough or else that character would still be alive.

get to like level 70 in merc dried lake, buy decent gear, and then you can easily tackle on maps

>I certainly didn't have "no mitigation", but obviously I didn't have enough or else that character would still be alive.
you had no mitigation at the time of the death is what i meant

could have survived with a basalt and/or endurance charges up, maybe

minotaur is very manageable with a life build, obviously don't start adding damage mods on top

I thought it was pretty managable too until I got one shot by nothing. And I did have fortify up.

I don't understand why people seemingly forgot about LC, the evidence of it is the fact that it dropped so hard in price this league
LC is still really good in terms of physical mitigation

lets say you find a white weapon, with 5 links that you want to use. What is the process to making it gud? Use an essence? use a transmute and reroll with alteration until desireable and use a regal?

All I can tell you is that you could make a silly facetanking build with Molten Strike + LMP + GMP + Life on Hit in Ascendancy.

Back then, it worked well enouhg into red map, anything that didn't kill you in the time your molten strike projectiles needed to land or simply one-shot you with some telegraphed skill could not kill you.

pathfinder gets better mitigation from a single basalt desu

He crit you. Simple as that. Burrow hits for about 4k pure phys. 20% inc boss damage which basically reduces Fortify's defense to nothing certainly didn't help.

Kintsugi is better than it in every way.

I want to make a HC character, which build should I follow?

why the fuck are you doing so little damage? with a 200 pdps dagger I was doing ~1m dps to Shaper

Links: BF - Poison - Inc crit strikes - Added Chaos - Void Manip - Conc effect

Max block Aegis Scion