Truckers about to be BTFO

youtu.be/JwhyoUyJNoY

Just think about all of those poor lonely prostitutes at any given truckstop
Or all the drug dealers who will lose their truckstop customers.

You CDL fuckers do have a backup plan, right?
Or are you, like the taxifags, just going to wait for the hammer to hit your face dead on?

thank fucking christ, I hate truckers.

>truckerfag thread at the bump limit so he makes a new thread
It's ok, I'll be dead before these things actually take over. And I hope you enjoy your automated car too!

>tfw they are all limited to 55mph and ride in the left lane because of all the lawsuits caused by idiots in cars who can't merge.

Why would a lawsuit be relevant if the trucker isn't at fault?

Time to get that degree in robotic engineering since my life might be doing a Willy Wonka in ten years or less.

Because you can sue the trucking company AND the tech giant who made the software!

Trucking companies aren't going to buy these trucks unless the makers will take responsibility for defects, damages, wrecks, etc. And they won't.

It'll take decades of real data to prove these are safer before they get any market share. Adaptive Cruise Control has taken 26 years just to gain a 3rd of the market in cars.

I honestly can't wait for them. I'm going to buy one. Tired of driving.

>>tfw they are all limited to 55mph and ride in the left lane because of all the lawsuits caused by idiots in cars who can't merge.

aight first off, no. Second I'd rather have to deal with that than meth heads who ride my ass simply for existing or assholes who run side by side for 5 straight miles blocking the whole road while they watch each other jerk off

99% of the industry are carriers with 20 trucks or less, with 50% being single truck owner operators. These would only benefit the industry and make our lives easier. Only mega carriers with their jewishly cheap contract freight would buy these first to cut costs. Most of the industry won't adapt. They aren't even buying emissions trucks. Do you really think they want a truck with even more electronics and mechanic gold?

It's ok, your bus will be automated by then too!

>2014+2
>trains still have conductors
>people expect driverless trucks to rule the road within the next decade while they will still be able to drive their gasoline fueled sports cars

I'm not even a trucker so idgaf

>not at fault
You didn't even answer the question.

can you try being a tripfag without actually acting like a tripfag please

you don't even have to drop it just don't be a cunt

>knows he's wrong
>doesn't admit it so begins insulting

Typical teenager.

Muh feelings. Cars have pedestrian safety standards and cities have lowered speed limits because of pedestrian fatalities regardless if they're at fault.

i'm the guy from the first post he (you?) was responding to so theres basically nothing to be wrong about

Do you know how many lawyers there are in this country?

;^)

I can just start posting Vette vs GTR lap times like a good user.

Cool meme bro, sure self driving vehicles in a fully controlled environment like a mine will word.

In the real world they kill people like tesla's autopilot has proven.

>assholes who run side by side for 5 straight miles blocking the whole road
>implying this isn't caused by automation
Shit didn't happen before electronic governors and cruise control. I can't wait to see an automated road train lock itself in behind someone driving a car drunk and shutting down the road in both directions because their radar sharing reads it as a major accident.

This is what passes me off
Trucks on the road are always fine. They drive safely and concisely all the time, stick to their speed limits and stay to the right Lane

I fucking hate ass holes and idiots who drive slow in the passing lane to such an extent that eventually two retards are driving side by side at or below the speed limit and the guy in the left refuses to over take or slow down to pull right

>trains still have conductors
There's places whose trains have zero humans running them. But they don't have unions, so protecting employee pay, benefits, or rights doesn't matter. What matters is company profit.

I'm a 22yo trucker I'll pretty much get paid to just Netflix and chill can't wait

Big truck manufacturers don't spend piles of millions in the hopes that someone may buy their trucks when they are done.
There are deals in place before the truck is even finished.

It would be a suicide to design a whole new line of automated trucks without any major company already willing to buy them.

>Sweden

All evil spawns from this hellhole.

Tfw I'm 21 and hauling hazmat tankers. Yeah automation will get those half brained dry van haulers, but hazmat will absolutely need a monitor. I can't wait to play vidya while driving.