Tell me about the Sunni-Shia split

Tell me about the Sunni-Shia split.

How did Abu Bakr got elected ahead of Ali? Is the whole division because Ali was butthurt about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qU7YJZaa3DI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Abu Bakr: democratically elected by a council of elders representing the entire ummah

Ali: HURR DURR I HAVE MAGIC BLOOD BECAUSE I AM RELATED TO THE PROPHET (through marriage)

>be me
>be peaceful islamic empire
>united behind saracen mameluke blood & old persian routs
>be chillin one day
>comfy af baghdad pinnicle of my civ-epoch
>nigger left the gate open
>fucking berber
>get what you pay for
>mongol horde enters
>destroys fucking everything
>muh basket of eggs
>axes and swords splitting skulls
>split skulls
>mfw
>civ gets literally split in two from the peoples up
>religion schizs out in twine
>forever buttfucked
>mfw human shield cucked for europ supremacy
>mfw muh snowball

>implying mongols was the main issue
The entire thing was split during the abbasid era when we had persian emirates popping up in Iran/Transoxiana and a sect of wackos taking over the entire Arabian coast and slave trade while the Fatimids were growing in Egypt/Syria

And don't get me started on all the fucking Turkish tribes moving through Persia and establishing their own Persianate dynasties.

Fucking Sunni monkey

Ali was washing the body of the prophet (pbuhq) when a bunch of senile tribe leaders decided to leave their wits where they left their iman and use jahilliyah practices to elect the leader of Muslims

the shia-sunni split goes way before that

A backward, moronic and unwashed farsi was teaching a class on ali, known heretics.

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and ali, the greatest caliph that the entire islamic world has ever known!”

At this moment, a brave, pious muhajideen who had beheaded 1500 alawite and understood the necessity of jihad fi sabil Allah and would give his life for Ibn Taymiyyah stood up and held up a copy of the quran.

”How important is the The Twelve Imams, munafiqun?”

The arrogant persian smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “It is the soul of the Islamic faith, you stupid bedouin.”

”Wrong. Everyone knows that the Shahada is the true creed of Allah. If Islam was about The Twelve Imams… then we would all be guilty of shirk by now.”

The persian was visibly shaken, he dropped his chalk and his hummus. He stormed out of the room crying those persian crocodile tears. The same tears shiite cry for the zindiks heretics while they were righteously purged. There is no doubt that at this point our savafid sultan shah ismail wished he had pulled himself up by his turban and become more than just a poorly disguished persian nationalist. He wished so much that he had a bomb to martyr himself, but he himself had made his islamic way of life into a jahilliyah parody of itself!

All the students applauded and accepted wahhabism as the only true version of Islam. The Prophet himself (pbuh) showed up and shed tears on how well preserved his teachings were and how there wasn't even a single person in sight named Ali or Haidar. The Quran was recited several times, and Allah himself showed up and executed Ali and every shiite kufr that ever lived.

>Everyone knows that the Shahada is the true creed of Allah.

Doesn't shahada appear first centuries after Muhammad's death?

Go back to your fire temple, Alireza Ghoosajahanbegloo

>"hurr shia's are shit"
>yet they are beating an coalition army with more US hardware than Europe combined wearing nothing but sandals and high on khat
I think it's safe to assume whom are chosen by the Prophet.

The original, "there is no god but god" is in the quran. Adding "and muhammad is his messenger" is a later sunni corruption to worship muhammad

its like london dissapearing from 16th century england, headless ducks/chooks/third poultry option

>Yemen is worth fighting for

>yemen
>not realizing they are inside saudi arabia and made the fucking saudi army flee from Najran
have the best example of modern arab warfare you will see in a while:

youtube.com/watch?v=qU7YJZaa3DI

>Rub al Khali
Bravo on taking over the most inhospitable and resourceless hellhole on earth

>25 year rule
How can they be chosen by the prophet when their followers are too shit to even follow simple rules in a korean basket weaving board?

na

How do they lose airplanes? Do the rebels even have anti air?

>gulf arab pilots
would you believe me if I told you a large amount of FF was caused by them bombing their own soldiers on the ground and flying to villages well of the combat zone?
shit got so bad that the mercs from BW pulled out cause of the incompetence of the people in charge of the entire operation

>shit got so bad that the mercs from BW pulled out cause of the incompetence of the people in charge of the entire operation

lol, what?

the houthis managed to fucking launch a toshka into a coalition base killing like a 70 UAE soldiers and 10 BW guys
how the hell they got their hands on that no one knows but they were not prepared for it at all

and that was the last straw for them so the commander gave the orders to pull out

>how the hell they got their hands on that no one knows but they were not prepared for it at all
Shit reads like a cartoon

>No one getting killed with a door
10/10 pasta though. Great job.

My theory is that Abu Bakr was on the shortlist not for any reason of virtue or competence in a democratic election, but because the election council followed traditional Arab rules on succession. The oldest male family member trumps all.

In this case:
>Abu Bakr was oldest, and was the first father-in-law to Muhammad
>Umar was second oldest and the second father-in-law
>Uthman was next oldest and the first son-in-law to Muhammad
>Ali was the youngest son-in-law

Seems to me with the Ridda Wars and all the early Muslims after Muhammad were concerned with holding Muhammad's confederacy together, and one of the ways to do that was to equate the Caliph with the prestige of Muhammad's house at a time where a lot of people fucked off or deeply cared about following only a prophet, not a king.

The Sunni-Shi'a rivalry then begins as a dispute between following traditional succession hierarchy or following some kind of holy lineage that some believed had passed from Muhammad to Ali. That and, while Abu Bakr and Umar were old and venerable and clearly social superiors, Uthman and Ali were on more equal footing, and happened to have various powerful Arab families as backers, and both sides were keen on benefiting from having their interests on the throne instead of their rivals.

The Umayyads won in the end, and the dissidents fanned out to the periphery of the empire where they preached to Persians and Berbers an anti-Umayyad message with a lot of pro-Shia trappings, and over time it adopted its own religious tradition opposed to the developments of the Umayyad core in Syria.

The interesting aspect of the Shi'a is how their political movement become theological to maintain the interests of their original claim. Modern Shi'a aren't related to the first Shi'a because they didn't have a different creed to distinguish them from others.