You think they will put the V10 in the F-variant of the LC?

You think they will put the V10 in the F-variant of the LC?

Why is Lexus the most-exciting luxury brand these days?

>most exciting luxury brand
>based on the belief in a car that will never be built

Um, no

Just the possibility of another opportunity to hear that engine excites me more than Mercedes releasing a new pigfat sedan, or BMW releasing another FWD travesty, or Audi rebading the Touraeg yet again.

Yes, Lexus is the most exciting.

Hell no.

Aww hell no!

I'd rather have and AMG GT (a car that actually exists) over any Lexus

Neat.

A slightly smaller SLS AMG with an outdated dinosaur engine.

>lexus
>exciting

kys m8

>You think they will put the V10 in the F-variant of the LC?

No.

> Why is Lexus the most-exciting luxury brand these days?

They aren't.

i'm sorry, i didn't realize i was talking to someone who knows fuck-all about cars. Should have been obvious when you said Lexus is the most exciting luxury brand.

Holy shit you cant be for real

You ever driven an ISF or the LFA? These are the existing proof that Lexus can do better than anyone else.

kek, germanfags mad because they have a competitor

Have you?

AMG GT isn't an exciting car. If you liked the SLS then of course you like the weight-reduced and more generic-looking GT.

The LC is not only enyirely new from the ground up, but it doesn't even have a performance "F" version yet and is already being hailed as a great sportscar.

I'm not the same user but I've driven an ISF and it was a bit boring and underwhelming plus felt like a watered down copycat version of an AMG. Definitely can't picture it keeping up with an M3 or C63.

I also haven't driven or even touched an LFA but I doubt anyone here has.

Have you driven either?

That's the worst color I've seen on it, and it still looks good.

I prefer white to show off the contrasting design details.

The LFA's Yamaha 1LR-GUE V10 is more expensive than the entire LC500.

It is not for mass production.

Dude the only thing the sls and the amg gt have in common is the form and being from the same car make.

Not any of the previous anons either but the ISF is a blast to drive.

Also have driven the RCF at the Lexus dealer in Raleigh. Then I went next door to the Mercedes dealership (Lexus, Mercedes and BMW are literally neighbors on the same side of the street) and I liked the C63 that I sat in the passenger seat of too.

In the back of my mind, driving both confirmed reviews that they both feel somewhat heavy, but behind the wheel on the freeway it didn't hinder the feels.

Why do you feel the need to lie on the internet?

There is no price set on the normal LC yet. Also there is nothing that says updating manufacturing processes to make it cheaper to produce still couldn't result in a $200k LCF.

I don't.

I drive a 2010 C300 and don't really care.

Why do you feel the need do do it again?

Same reason you touch your balls at night kid.

you've never driven either, so fuck off

I'm sorry

Can I just talk about the lexus LFA name?

I don't like lexus, I think it's a rich persons peugeot/kia/hyundai.

But fucking LFA, as soon as I heard that name I knew it was a great car.
It's just 3 letters but holy shit they work so well

>You think they will put the V10 in the F-variant of the LC?

Very unlikely. The 1LR will have a tough time passing emissions and the expensive of the engine will probably price the car out of the market and push it into others where it doesn't belong.

A potential LC F will in all probability be a turbocharged V8 hybrid.

You had me until "hybrid."

Batteries add too much weight.

Its a fucking gt u tard

And?

You're forgetting someone.
That said, I've heard the GS-F is quite good and the RC-F is neat, even if it kind of sucks.

They need to do a new LS. Audi and Mercedes have both released a new generation flagship sedan since the current LS came out, and BMW has had two 7s in that time.

>cares about weight of fat cars

Wew

>GTs all have to be pigfat

Found the GM employee.

the grill on every lexus objectively looks like shit

how did their designers overlook such a glaring flaw?

The fastest cars in the world right now have hybrid powertrains.

>Why is Lexus the most-exciting luxury brand these days?
How are they the most exciting cars? They are all boring generic paddle shifted and look bland with their open predator mouths

The hybrid technology in these supercars is too expensive to put in this car.

The next LFA will have this tech, or probably be electric or fuel-cell if Toyota is happy with their progression on it.

The only good looking Lexus is the LFA tho.
>Why is Lexus the most-exciting luxury brand these days?
They aren't, all over-expensive car manufacturers make safe, boring decisions based on the current market. Lexus is no exception. I'd much rather Toyota throw some of the Lexus money into developing a $25-40k sports coupe that actually uses a Toyota engine.

Cadillac was exciting until the bean counters at GM decided to axe the CT8 and corresponding coupe.

Apparently 100k Escalades based off 40k Tahoes
makes more sense to GM as the flagship Caddy.

>tho
Lexus fans, everybody

Thats a sportscar not a GT

>b-but its name is gt
Like most cars with gt in their name it actually isnt a gt

But I said that I only like the LFA. I like Toyota, but I don't like a single thing that Lexus do apart from the LFA (and that's only aesthetically).

>instead of having a valid argument I'm going to point out the omission of 3 letters
ugh

Not even the RC, senpai? It doesn't look pigfat in person

Those aren't the fastest, though. I can name half a dozen street legal cars that are faster and aren't riced out shitboxes.

I think it could look good with literally any other front end. Lexus' design philosophy with the ugly fuck-hueg grille is disgusting.

>Ford calls it a GT
>but I know better than Ford

Well, probably you do, but there are certainly other examples of lightweight GT cars.

Lexus does good hybrids, the GSh in all its forms is an absolute joy, any "F" car with a hybrid engine will be absolutely fucking insane.

Worked at Lexus, now at Infiniti.

>RCF
ABSOLUTE FUCKING BLAST. Yes it's heavy and it's definitely not the best of the best but it's definitely hard to keep from pitching a tent when you open one of these up. Love the styling, the engine, as a theme at Lexus, isn't a world beater but you're a fucking idiot if you think it's not adequate for the application. If you've got money for one of these you have the money to really open it up anyway.

>ISF
As someone who absolutely hates every IS but the Altezza I have to admit it does have respectable performance, but again, I fucking hate the car it's built from. Enjoy your melted dashboard. Twin turbos will send one of these airborne.

>LFA
I cum just looking at the fucking thing. They literally only let the shop foreman, service director, and GM behind the wheel of any that came through the door. Can't speak from direct experience because of that but it's an absolute beast. Not the single greatest option of its price range but I would trade my left nut for a track day in one.

LF-LC. It's a goddamn spaceship.

I did hear they were planning a mid-engine luxury super-car for Cadillac. it'll be its Halo car like the R8 was for Audi. we should hear more about it around the time the C8 is released. there isn't any concrete evidence yet but there are at least signs that they want a high-priced super-cars along with "E-ray" being trademarked for the vette. there's still something to look forward to for now imo.

The golf gti is also a gt :^) so is the bmw 5 series gt, the toyota gt86 and the mustang gt.

My foot up your ass is also a GT you cheeky cunt.

Depends on your definition of "GT". I'd call any 2-seat sports coupe a GT.

My favourite GT is the 208 gti

It's actually 70k Escalade based off 50k suburbans, and they are quite nice.

Though I agree it's a shame they are constantly hamstrung by GM, Cadillac is arguably one of the most influential car brands there are, and I wish we'd go back to those days.

>work at Lexus dealer
>check parts catalog for 1LR engine
>list price: CAD 143,057.24

I'm guessing the LC500 will barely exceed 100k in price.

"halloween scheme spoopy
lexus and gm are the only brands doing anything relevant right now

"tfw canèt green text because my " is a "