Can someone explain to me the benefits of a rotary over a V8?

Can someone explain to me the benefits of a rotary over a V8?

>worse fuel economy
>no torque
>unreliable
>no chance of making it over 125,000 miles
>sounds boring
>burns oil
>have to let it heat up and cool down
>way less power for the money

Is it just a muh feels thing?

>No chance of making it over 125k miles
But mine has 200k on original engine

Also torque is irrelevant for a performance car. Stupid burger

torque is relevant, it is just made up for by gearing when dealing with small motors.

i many parts of the world, people pay taxes based on the displacement of their vehicle. So their is naturally a demand for small motors. the advantage of a rotary over a traditional 4 stroke is due to the nature of the 4 stroke cycle. When a 2.0L 4 stroke morot completes one revolution, it displaces 1.0L of air, When a 1.3L rotory motor completes one revolution, it displaces 1.3L of air. Since the 1.3 rotary displaces more air per revolution than a 2.0l 4 stroke, it stands to reason that the 1.3l rotary will make more power at a given rpm. so if you live in a displacement tax county, you can either get a 1.5L rotary, and pay no taxes, or get a 3L v6 and make roughly the same power, but now you need to pay higher taxes.

The short version?
The rotary is light weight, simple and makes more power per displacement.
A traditional piston driven 4 stroke is more reliable, gets better mpg, and will make more torque, which allows for lower gearing and less rpm when cruising around town.

>muh feels
Pretty much you flaming autist.

False economy paying a little bit less tax but having to pay 50x as much for oil and replacing the apex seals once a week.

Huur duur top meme bruh xD

>rotary is a loophole for yuropoors
I suspected as much
Jet engines when

>Similar fuel economy
>Makes flat torque from idle to redline while big V8s typically decrease in torque as RPM increases
>Often see well over 200,000 miles between rebuilds in NA applications, although 120-150k is common in turbo cars
>BRAP BRAP MOTHERFUCKER
>Uses a miniscule amount of oil to lubricate the engine internals
>Have to treat it just like you should treat any engine that you care about
>Similar in price and much easier to make more power for less money with a dremel tool and a six pack
Fixed that for you, OP.

>>>worse fuel economy
not really
>>no torque
lots of torque when the turbos spool
>>unreliable
not anymore than a piston engine of similar performance and upkeep effort
>>no chance of making it over 125,000 miles
literally any engine can make it any amount of miles with proper care, and rotary engine care is not more extensive than a piston engine
>>sounds boring
nope
>>burns oil
2 stroke oil added to the gas tank is not expensive
>>have to let it heat up and cool down
like any engine? Rotaries are completely capable of high stress long range performance, as evidenced by endurance race success
>>way less power for the money
power isn't really that important after a certain point. A 13b can effortless achieve 400+ horsepower. If you think that your driving skill exceeds this amount of performance, you are either a highly experienced racing driver, or you are wrong.

>2 stroke oil added to the gas tank is not expensive

I premix with Idemitsu and it's not expensive. The amount of oil you use when premixing is absurdly little, and given the cost to buy it, I'd say it's worth.

I mean obv I own a rotary, but if we're being completely honest, I spent ~$45 on some big case of Idemitsu a little over a year ago and I've only gone through a two bottles (10 fl. oz.) since, with around 10k miles driven. That is, of the $45 case I bought, I still have 7 of 10 bottle unopened, and have only used up 2 total after a good bit of driving. Premixing is actually stupidly cheap, now that I think about it, and I bought the most expensive premix there is.

>False economy
false economy my ass.

At that point they're probably rich enough to afford a normal engine.

They're light. Although turbos add some weight by themselves.

>Americans think japanese make cars for americans exclusively
Hey dumbfuck, you realize japs (and other countries, yes, there's more than just the USA) have regulations and taxations that fuck you harder the bigger engine you have?

Here's a better question, can someone explain to me the benefits of an american car over a jap?

Merica is the benefit

>Idemitsu
>Not premixing castor bean oil so you can run E85
Do you even racecar?

I'd rather buy a kantanka, That way I know the people who assemble them have basic cognitive function.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Why don't you compare it to early 90s V8s? Comparing any 70s/80s/90s engine to a modern one is fucking retarded.

The FD was faster than the C4 ZR1 it went up against.
While also being cheaper, having a better quality interior, nicer looking, everything.

my friend bought one with 130k miles

In Europe taxes mostly aren't based on displacement any more but on fuel economy (i.e. "CO2 emissions").

For Japan though anything over 2L you're in the highest tax class, that's true.

>C4 ZR1 it went up against.

I've only seen the C4 ZR1 in a comparison against a 911. where is this C4 ZR1 vs RX7 comparison test?

Car and Driver ran them all on Willow Springs, if I'm not mistaken. But not as a direct comparison of all 3 at once.

I think you might've mistook the LT1 for the ZR1. according the fastestlaps the C4 ZR1 never even went to willow. tried googling and couldn't really find anything either.

OH