Faster than a McLaren P1, Porsche 918, Laferrari on over 30 race courses

Is downforce literally all you need?

youtube.com/watch?v=cMJuvbfIG28

Does this prove that electrical drivetrains are inefficient?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G2J3slhHy20
youtube.com/watch?v=MlO9F-r65gc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rice

Push rods push gods.

>b-b-b-but muh pigfat

Lol

considering the Viper has AC AND two seats, it's pretty impressive

Still slower

on the top gear track, yes. Shame they never shared any other tracks on record though.

Still faster. Stay mad pushcuck

I'm not mad, I'd just like more laptimes to end the argument. I'm tired of one track "BTFO" statements

I do think the BAC would be faster on MOST tracks though, especially slower ones where there's no chance to use aero

So you admit pushrods are inferior?

engine design is far more complicated than this, we'd need an identical car with identical displacement to compare them on a track. I personally think pushrods are simply a tradeoff, like rotaries or OHC engines.

Sounds like damage control to me, pal

Pushrods are TRASH

I'm not sure how much downforce you think that wing and those dive planes make, but it's probably not all that much. Ground effect is where most of an aero car's downforce comes from. Here's what an Enzo looks like underneath. Meanwhile, even the newest Viper ACR just has a small diffuser that isn't even fed by a flat undertray.

>Implying there's any tradeoffs with rotary engines other than autists yelling dank maymays at you
>Implying there's any tradeoffs with OHC engines other than size
>Implying engineers couldn't just design the engine bay to be bigger if they wanted to use an OHC engine

>half a second that can be made up for by booting the other search
>and another by booting the AC
And yet that still doesn't explain how pushrods won on the other THIRTY (30) tracks.

Other SEAT, rather.

rotaries need to be cared for more, and generally make less torque.
OHC engines aren't just larger, but more complex and heavier.
Pushrods generally develop less power per liter.

Pushrods don't own the fastest nurburgring time.

Stay mad pushcuck

this

nurburgring is a meme track

why is the nu-burger-ring so valued anyway?

If this ugly riced out Nissan and a Dodge Viper ACR started at Tsukuba at the same time, it would be a lap ahead of the Viper in under 4 minutes. Pushrods can't even compete.

Most rotary engines are 13Bs, which are more comparable to I4s than V8s. A 26B makes turbodiesel levels of torque off idle, and will continue to make that torque out to 10,000+ RPM.

>turbodiesel levels of torque off idle
Something like mjet's DIESEL FIAT doesn't make that much torque.

I was thinking more 6BT than Multijet. But yeah, you make a good point.

Who the fuck keeps making these comparisons between road cars and race cars? We all know you're retarded.

stay BTFO

I commend you on not being an edgelord

Lol I know right who needs to like hold a glove in the trunk or like have a roof like lol right?

the mono isn't a race car and it's road legal.

anyway fastestlaps.com is shit.
>3.5s to 60mph
>4.0s to 62mph
wat

Microsoft just added the ACR to Forza Horizon 3, they literally fucked up the rear splitter.

please give me nudes

>Viper ACR
>Spoiler
Pick one.

like ur kars my favoriet is liaghtingn macween

>If you think this thing is pleasant to drive on the street then you'll probably think a Trump presidency is pleasant as well
And there's where I stop watching Fatt Marah's politically sponsored shitspout

>Does this prove that electrical drivetrains are inefficient?
No, it proves they're heavy as fuck therefore less able to corner fast.

Lol
Found the drumpf supporter

so you tell me what doesn't add up here.

vipee acr the fastest thing the world has ever seen.

...viper stops production.

i aint no Detective

THANKS, FERRARI

>>> reddit

Back to your safespace fangirl

>GTR GT3

>2016
>watching a midlander whine about SJW issues

SERIOUSLY HOPE

Cucked by ferrari
>Wahhh stop making our cars look like shit

..yeah, nope still not getting it.

spell it out for me

1000 lb rolling frame that has the cabin designed to fit just your body, and uses a Formula 3 racing transmission.

Sure it isnt a race car.

Sure buddy

What race series can you enter one in?

Lemme know when you can go to the grocery store with a passenger in a BAC Mono.

What's stopping you?
youtube.com/watch?v=G2J3slhHy20

If you look at the torque per litre displacent they aren´t bad ar all.

On OHC or DOHC you won´t have more moving parts, OHC has 1 camshaft 1 belt/chain and 1 lever and vent per vent.
OHV has 1 camshaft and 1pushrod, 1 lever and a vent per vent.
OHV has more moving parts and is also heavier due to the additional pushrods.

Also pushrods can´t change vent timing and have problems at high rpms.

Nice redirection. I said grocery store with a passenger.

C'mon bro, why are you arguing with a moron/troll? Everyone knows the BAC is a giant go-kart. Awesome, but not a real car.

>a car isn't a car because i said so
Nice damage control

this desu. if you can't race it in anything it's not a race car, just a "track-focused" car

Downforce and massive tires

I think Mazda actually sales race-car miatas that can be entered in a cup series and cost $50,000.

It's road legal but you wouldn't daily drive it. You wouldn't drive it across the country. You wouldn't go to the GROCERY STORE with it. It's a car, but it's a track toy and that's it.
It's road legal for the convenience, that's all.

Stay btfo

those aren't road legal, unlike the mono (or caterhams, or atoms or whatever)

don't forget huge torque
all one needs to do is average between 50 and 100 mph
lap times are kind of boring as being hectic or having high peak speed lowers average speed

horses for courses m80

The newest Chevy and Mopar V8s have variable valve timing on some models.

You're right about the lower inherent redline, but pushrod designs can get up to 6000 rpm on streetable engines and you can have a larger displacement with the same exterior dimensions.

stupid americans tinfoils think ferrari get to write american side impact regulations

How does a variable valve timing work on a pushrod engine?

Also you won´t get a good specific output under 6000rpm.

You wouldn't dd a viper ACR either thought

>le Drumpf joke

dropped forever

It creates something like 1500lbs of downforce at 120mph. Sooooo I'd say that downforce > ground effects

why is an enzo so slow then

actually, the scoops in the hood use air to essentially HOOK it in.

it has a shit ton of downforce. about 300lbs more than a fucking supra, the car famous for stupid downforce.

viper's downforce is very impressive.

because it's essentially so long it combines the conditions of about 9 different tracks.

for testing and proving a car's worth, there's no better track.

And an Enzo makes 1700 pounds of downforce with no visible airfoils. I haven't been able to find any data except one guy on a forum claiming around 700 pounds without citing a source.

It's not, it's just compared with the F1 while the F40 is not.

Actually, the vents allow air that was drawn into the car through the radiator to escape over the top of the car rather than to go underneath and create a high pressure area lifting the car up. They cancel out any front lift that would have been created but don't add any meaningful downforce.

And the Supra was never known for making any amount of downforce. The stock wing makes something like 50 pounds at 100 mph.

>I haven't been able to find any data
Data on the Laferrari.

>It's not, it's just compared with the F1 while the F40 is not.

it's slower than the ACR on every track while being more powerful and weighing less and having an automatic transmission

>Is downforce literally all you need

no push rods are whats needed
youtube.com/watch?v=MlO9F-r65gc

>this dude pretending he knows more than physicists who have spent decades of study on fluid dynamics

They probably didn't want big spoilers and splitters on the Enzo because they wanted to retain its styling. After all, it was designed as an enjoyable road car and not an ultimate road-legal track car.

>no visible airfoils

uh wrong

Am I cuck for literally crying over the fact that Chrysler killed this car for the second time?

The Enzo? It's faster than the SRT-10 of the same era. The FXX is the equivalent of the ACR.

The FXX is more like the ACR-X in the way that it's a not-exactly-street-legal track special.

>this dude pretending he knows more than physicists who have spent decades of study on fluid dynamics
I'm sorry, was "the scoops in the hood use air to essentially HOOK it in" a highly technical explanation by a professional aerodynamicist?

Nah the Speciale would be the ACR competitor (though it's much slower). FXX cars don't have titles same with challenge cars.

yes

The ACR-X isn't actually any faster than the ACR, and it's not impossible to title for street use. They just can't sell it as a street car because it has no smog controls. Same deal with the FXX, except that Ferrari will apparently use force if necessary to make sure you don't try to take it away from their immediate possession.

No, I'm talking about the people who designed the ACR, the fastest production car on like a hundred different tracks. I'm implying they know way more than this guy about aerodynamics.

How much faster is the 2016 ACR than the 2008 ACR?

I don't give a shit what era it's from. It has a better power to weight ratio and according to you more downforce yet it's still slower.

Tires are a huge factor in laptimes, too.

Are you implying that they decided to use hood vents as the primary source of downforce? I'm not seeing anywhere where my post can be construed as claiming that the Viper is poorly designed.

That's a myth blown out of proportion by Top Gear, you can keep your FXX car and do whatever you want with it, it just doesn't make sense for most people to do that. The whole appeal of FXX cars is the factory support and being a super special tester for new tech. People that want a Ferrari race car just to fuck around it just get a Challenge car. The whole FXX program is a lifestyle jerkoff not a way to just buy a badass race car.

the 2008 viper had even worse power to weight ratio and was still faster than the Enzo

>That's a myth blown out of proportion by Top Gear
proofs?

I'm not implying anything about anything said in this thread. I'm simply saying that I trust the physicists who created the ACR - which is the fastest production street-legal car around a large number of tracks - who have spent decades of their life studying fluid dynamics to know more about aerodynamics than you, so I think your comment about spoilers and splitters being bullshit for downforce generation is bunk.

2010 ACR 1:33.91 Laguna Seca

2016 ACR 1:28.65 Laguna Seca

dang. I remember when the old one was considered the godmachine. what a time to be alive

I don't know if you'll find anyway because I doubt anyone is going to talk about it on the internet, maybe Ferrarichat. When you buy an FXX you get the whole package with the full race team support. They service the cars and are your pit crew when you track it, not a franchised dealership but Ferrari's team. It wouldn't really make sense for you to buy the car, then say "nah I don't want this race team I already payed for" then just run it yourself. You own the car though, you can do that if you want, it would just be extremely stupid to not take advantage of that, everyone that has them already has the collector cars anyway so buying one to stuff it in your garage doesn't make sense.

Splitters make huge amounts of downforce. They're one of the ground effect aerodynamic devices that I referenced earlier. You can see one in the OP pic. Notice that despite the fact that it's only a couple of inches long, it needs reinforcing wires to hold it in place. It has to be strong enough to hold up to several hundred pounds of downforce.

Spoilers are ineffective for making high downforce at high speed, because they need to be optimized either for downforce or drag reduction. With a wing (like the Viper ACR has), you can have your cake and eat it, too.

Nobody wants to drive a go-kart though.

Wait, this makes no sense. It doesn't take another .5 seconds for the Viper to go from 60 to 62mph.

That thing would be perfect with a PDK