Going to test drive a fiesta ST in the morning, really really like them so far, what do I need to expect...

Going to test drive a fiesta ST in the morning, really really like them so far, what do I need to expect? anyone have one? pros cons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VPPo1v1as3g
youtube.com/watch?v=D4BETtSL7tQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1_v8BuB5RsI
youtube.com/watch?v=tmZMwk14r4c
mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-1-0t
youtube.com/watch?v=zXFmDtf42Sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wear your seatbelt so you dont end up on a billboard

large pricetag

2014 with right under 16k miles for 17k with nav.

Fuckkkkkk, im holding off on getting a Fiesta.
Waiting for Fiestas to hit under 15k and im going to start shopping around.

Kinda glad i didnt buy one new, came real close.

im right there too.

Nice cars

this vs veloster turbo?

What color you gonna get?
Originally i wanted the Orange, forgot the name, but now im leaning either Silver or White.

i want a white or blue one.

my brother has a non turbo, its a cool "looking" car but i dont think a turbo would fix alot of things wrong with it.

Don't fall the "muh warranty" meme. A few pieces of Mountune kit won't affect your warranty, but FiST's have proven to be pretty reliable (100% of Fiesta reliability issues have to do with the auto tranny which isn't available on the ST) so just build the car you want to build. Not to say Mountune parts are bad, they're fantastic, just very expensive.

Maybe drive it stock for 5000km just to see if you got a lemon.

thanks for the info, i haven't even hit the FiST forums yet. I have COBB and AMR stuff for my mustang and i think i might just stick with them for the FiST.

Stratified and Mountune have great tuning services too that utilize the Cobb AP, check them out too.

Unless you want to go big/hybrid turbo, don't waste money on intake and exhaust, they are very non-restrictive stock. High flow filter, intercooler, tune, that's all you really need for 30 more reliable HP. Maybe a hot-side charge pipe and downpipe if you think they are worth single-digit gains.

the fiesta ST is great fun. I bought a 2016 earlier this year and love it. It's FWD but actually has the slightest touch of oversteer due to the torque vectoring when you really push it. There are plenty of aftermarket options if you're interested in those as well.

how much out the door?

fuck it, im trading in my 07 mustang GT in the morning. if they take at least 7k for it i'm good,.

$21.5k with recaros (definitely worth it) before >7.5% sales tax, so after the tax it was around 23k.

do it, the FiST is a blast. I love the low end torque (stock dynos they are around 240 ft-lbf stock despite ford rating them just over 200), and they are amazing on twisties

Any specific questions? I bought mine new 2 years ago, haven't had any issues, just about 28k miles so far.

Also, make sure you ride in the Recaros before buying a base model.

Focus seems like a waste of money, i'd rather get a FRZ. But you can't beat the good price of a base Fiesta

it has the recaros and nav senpai, fuck the mustang at this point.

liftoff over steer is just as good
>...ri...right?

The Fiesta ST has the personality of a hyperactive puppy

Even when accelerating gently, the little turbo spools up regardless to urge you faster. When you gently touch the brake pedal, it brakes with authority. When you turn the wheel, it darts left or right with near telepathic response. It just wants you to play with it.

what's wrong with it the veloster?

it handles like shit and for its size its too heavy. the DCT is shit and so is the MT. its so underpowered its a joke. T-B-H, its the JEB! of hot hatches.

>tfw im going to buy a tiny sombrero antenna topper when i buy my Fiesta ST
>tfw im mexican

it's 200hp 200ft/lbs torque, weighs 2800lbs

It's like a fwd brz with more torque. The handling thing I can't comment on because I've never driven one, but I can't imagine it being that bad.

oy vey

that happened in my home town, fucking hilarious. Some kid actually made a Halloween costume of a billboard with a dead body on it the year the accident happened.

Word spread and apparently the friends of the dead kid found the costume guy and kicked his ass pretty bad. I personally thought it was hilarious.

just go drive one man, you will see.

Fiesta ST is a bit lighter and has a bit more torque, but it's mainly the stuff you can't put on a spec sheet that makes the FiST a better hot hatch.

Drive both and find out why.

youtube.com/watch?v=VPPo1v1as3g
youtube.com/watch?v=D4BETtSL7tQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1_v8BuB5RsI

even better torque than advertised

Slow
Small
Practical

What's better for a regular DD that will never see track, Fost or Fist?

if you plan to track it often, you might want to consider getting some better cooling hardware

turbo gets really fugging hot if you are hooning it constantly under 40mph

other than that, car loves to lift of oversteer and is torquey enough to have some real fun and not kill yourself unless you definition of fun is going 90+mph on the freeway

FoST

More straightline power and room for activities

focus ST with RS bades

thanks senpai, ill hit up a cobb stage 3 full kit tax time.

FiST
better fuel economy, enough room in the back seat, more fun.

>not Fiesta with RS body kit

This instant? how are the mods holding up after having it for a bit longer now? Theres a FiST sitting at a nearby dealership that i looked at when i was getting my car serviced. salesman pushed real hard for me to take it for a drive

>Pros
TVC is good for corners
>Cons
Kinda small and impractical for being a taxi

>tfw no fiesta RS

speaking of model refreshes, what are people's takes on the possibility of the 1.0 liter 3 cylinder ecoboost possibly going in the next gen fiesta ST?

>speaking of model refreshes, what are people's takes on the possibility of the 1.0 liter 3 cylinder ecoboost possibly going in the next gen fiesta ST?
It would be DROPPED
Might be a EU option, since it is an upgrade from the typical renault with a 0.3L NA Diesel.

I would say this is a perfect description of the FiST

even if you consider that ford has tuned the 1.0 liter ecoboost with the turbo from the fiesta ST to make 200 HP?

I agree it could be a europe only option, that or they may try to widen the performance between fiesta and focus which would be a shame.

It's awesome on the formula ford but that weighs about nothing in comparison.
youtube.com/watch?v=tmZMwk14r4c

Terrible looking and cheap interior

It's built on a 13k car, I don't know what kind of interior you're expecting.

All the stuff you touch frequently (except door handle) feels pretty good. The dash even has some soft touch rubber on the top. Ford MyTouch is a joke on the 14/15, but SYNC 3 on the 16 is better than any infotainment I can think of. My moms Merc SUV and dads BMW included

Cons
>no supercharger
>no suicide doors
>you drive a fiesta

Be prepared to have a shit eating grin on your face when you go on your test drive.
>that torque
>shifter and clutch are like butter
>light and nimble
Only a few more months and I'll be getting one for sure.

>you drive a Fiesta

You won't be as bullied as Miata owners, but yeah, my car is basically a meme on wheels within my group of friends/coworkers.

I want one but it seems like a waste to trade in my Celica, which is lighter and has about the same hp.

Is low end torque more fun than high rpm n/a for daily driving and occasional joyrides?

after taking my coworkers for a ride they are jelly, of course they are enthusiasts themselves

Yep, haven't posted in a while and just left the trip off. I've had literally no issues, alternating tanks of E30 and 93 most of the time. Like I said, 28,000 miles total, about 14,000 miles since I had my tunes dialed in from Tune+, nothing but oil changes and regular maintenance. Car is a bit creakier now of course, but still love driving it every day. I'll probably trade out the Sport Comp 2 A/S tires on it for a non-all season pair in the near future but otherwise love driving it daily.

Mine eats a set of pads and rotors once a year.

Fuck that. The FoST already experienced detonation. I'd rather not see that 1.0 i3 pushed to 200hp

God no. High RPMs are always more fun. Keeping your cruising band and power band separate are dope. Low end torque is a snooze

anyone with specific winter tire recommendations? I'm still shopping around and am unsure what to get

'16 FiST

Only problems I have with mine are brake dust completely coating the wheel and lower sides within a week and a problem with the auto climate control when I got it which was fixed. If you're buying a '16 and find odd behaviour with the climate control (i.e. fan goes at full speed no matter what the temperature is set to in certain conditions) just ask the dealership to do the body control module software update.

Another thing some people have encountered is the clamps on the boost hoses coming loose and needing to be tightened after a few thousand kilometers. I'm just under 3000 KMs and haven't checked mine yet but will check it when I swap on my winters.

If you want good winter tyre options you pretty much need to go 15". You can still find some options at 16" and you're pretty fucking dumb if you want to get much at 17" (and need to spend a fuck ton). The General Altimax Arctics are pretty good according to reviews and available in 15" sizes that fit the FiST, I purchased some Falken HS449s for mine this year in 205/50/16 but haven't mounted them yet (I'm in Vancouver, it's not cold enough yet).

I just put Blizzaks on my stock rim in the OE size

lmao i dont live in europe, if they drop displacement there's plenty of other cars

should we just wait until they start making cheap mexican fiestas?

Can I get a backstory to this?

I think theres only been a few high profile fiesta st crashes and one the driver was launched out of the car and ended up landing on the billboard as posted.

Driver was passing people on the right shoulder, clipped the back of a f-150, lost control of the vehicle causing it to flip several times. During one of the flips he was launched 20 feet into the air and smashed into the road sign in

I have a regular non-ST manual Fiesta, and it's already ridiculously fun to drive. You guys make me want an ST so bad now

Is 1.0L ecocuck Fiesta worth buying?
t:europoor

Seems pretty fun to me if the Fiesta ST is out of reach. And you can tune it up, they use the same engine in this Formula Ford: youtube.com/watch?v=tmZMwk14r4c

The 1.0 Ecoboost has always fascinated me but I've never really seen one or known anyone with one. Most of the ST bits should be a direct swap as well, so you can just take what performance bits you want off a salvaged one.

I got to hoon an A/T Fiesta courtesy car through some hills, gutless as fuck but fun.
It got me excited for the Fiesta ST, cant wait to get one.

Do ford have some engine tuners or manufacturers kinda like Alpina is for BMW?

Why not go with the Focus OP? My brother has one and it's the best, they're also around the same price point used.

Definitely. Cobb is the company that makes the AccessPort you need to tune your vehicle, though I'm not sure it works on the 3-cyl or not. Mountune or PumaSpeed are the brands most likely to support the vehicle, especially in the Euro market, unfortunately my knowledge is mostly about the US market and tuners available there.

The Focus is a fun dragster-like hatch, the Fiesta is more true to the hot hatch spirit considering it's 26xx lbs, it just feels more nimble and connected. Interior dimension differences aren't really that significant, especially in the cockpit area.

mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-1-0t

So at least Mountune supports the 1.0 ecoboost.
Also:
300whp Fiesta One Take by Fat Marrah:

youtube.com/watch?v=zXFmDtf42Sw

Also, that car sounds like shit with the cowl intake and whatever else he's done.

Don't make yours sound like shit.

I rode in my friends and the ride was terrible, so jarring especially for a car that apparently doesn't handle particularly well

>mfw my dads 2013 Civic Sedan feels like it handles better than a Non-Turbo Veloster.

thanks for the winter tire advice friendo. does it matter the size of the tire? I believe the stock '16 fist's are the 205/40/R17. do the other sizes really make that much of a difference?

on the note about the climate control, I was having a similar problem, where the temperature wouldn't really change unless I put it on the auto, but the dealer I went to claimed nothing was amiss... fuckers

>Only ever driven Japanese my whole life
>Going to domestic feels spooky, would feel weird to see the blue oval on the steering wheel

That aside, doesn't the torque vectoring just eat your brake pads like nothing?

Wear out the stock pads, than get something better like Redstuff or Hawk pads

OP HERE!
>PANIC!

I fucking loved the car but was kinda small but i still love it.

WTF IS WRONG WITH THE CLUTCH WTF WHY IS IT SO LIGHT I THOUGHT THE THROW OUT BARRING FLEW OFF WHEN I SLAMMED AND MADE A LOUD THUD AS I PRESSED IT IN AND THE FUCKING SALES DUDE BRO LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS RETARTED

also getting a new 2016 loaded for 22k at 0% interest, they have 4 sitting on lot. just have to sell my cuckstang this week.

Is the Fiesta ST a vapelord car?

Can confirm you never drove one. It handles like it's on rails. The powerband and power made are perfect for its size.

Enjoy the fist. You choose a color?

they seem cool as fuck. I read an article in some magzine where they took it to a rally stage in the snow in missouri and it held up pretty well. I'd get one if I had the money.

He was talking about the Veloster

Lol I paid 17 out the door for a 15 with like 8k on it

>buying a turbo car used
>buying one that is top trim of a shit box

never buy used turbo cars, unless they were pure sports car. These cars go to the point that the oil comes out like water.

most people don't know how to car for a turbocharged car.

Not Op but you make a good point, I was thinking to buy a FiST off carmax to save a few more grand, but this seems like a bad idea now

>implying im not going to buy one with a warranty

I dont care if i pay an extra 1-2k

I haven't changed brake pads yet and I'm at 28,000 miles on the stock pads. I'm sure if you do a bunch of autox, a bunch of touge, or ride your brakes alot then they wear faster but I don't plan to change from the stock pads. They're very good as is.

Nah, maybe a few of the people who have swapped from a Subaru but it's not a vapelord car at all. The Focus ST on the other hand... It's a cross between Subaru dudes and Dads who used to have a Mustang, plenty of vapers.

I don't think a lightly used one will be awful unless the person had no idea how to drive a manual before buying.

>Dads who used to have a Mustang

Hey us dads want fun cars too

No it's a memecar

>what do I need to expect
Worst in class reliability. Same with the Focus and Mustang.

i felt that way about the focus st clutch lol its so fucking light in a kinda uncomfortable way. im sure its something u get used to

Pros:
>Turn-in and precise steering
>Low-mid range torque
>Very little turbo lag
>Heated Recaros
>Tuning potential
>Autocross monster
>Balanced handling, neutral on steady throttle with lift off oversteer
>Reliable
>Has personality
>SYNC 3 is good (MY16 only)

Cons:
>visibility poor
>bit of drop off at top end
>stock intercooper not great
>poor selection of well fitting wheel sizes (4x108 bolt pattern) and tires

Buy one

I've cracked open Consumer Reports.

Literally everything about the Fiesta/Focus is reliable except the dogshit automatic tranny that causes literally 95% of problems. You can't get an auto ST so it's not a problem.

I'm having a hard time finding information about FiST reliability that would truly make it awful to own. Yes there are rattles and ill fitting body panels but what do you expect for a car made in mexico for this cheap? For the FoST, they still have not resolved their wiring harnesses eating themselves away and causing stalls

Late reply but a smaller rim size means you can have a larger sidewall (better for winter driving where you can't always see potholes and are more likely to get debris bouncing around like a pinball machine with small sidewalls inside the rim) and there is a lot more availability of different winter tyres in the 15" rim size. Also remember that a larger sidewall gives better ride comfort most of the time but also less sharp turn in (winter tires are marshmallows anyway).

You also want a narrower tire if you need to carve through snow a lot. You also save a lot of money in the long run after buying multiple sets of tires when going for a small size (plus savings of not needing to mount+balance tires on your OEM rims twice a year).

Just keep in mind that small rims means less options for brake size upgrades with 15" keeping you stuck at stock brake size in the fronts (you can't go any smaller than 15" in the fronts and I've heard some steelies don't clear the brake calipers so make sure yours fit).

There's a spring that makes the clutch lighter, I've heard you can take it out pretty easily but haven't looked up how to do it as I don't mind it being light.

You'll also notice the car generally isn't smooth in shifts from 1 > 2 and sometimes 2 > 3 which is due to both the rev holding (holds the revs at the optimal revs to go to the next gear up if you really granny shift it) in addition to the soft rear motor mount which reduces vibrations by a lot but also allows the engine to shift about a huge amount (you feel the weight shift a lot).

To get smooth gear changes from 1 > 2 and 2 > 3 you pretty much need to let the clutch out like you're starting in 1st I've found if you don't granny shift it.

It's very good. Brilliant fun on the twisties, it handles like a gem. Can also get good MPG if you drive it steady. Downside is that the ride is quite firm over bumps.

Its the fiesta sfe. Its already available. Its a 1k option on the se trim.

this. 15kodo on my 2015 fist. Love it, but man that clutch at low speed low rpm 1-2-3 can be a huge bitch.

I track mine every so often and you know what makes that issue such a kicker? The thing shifts beautifully in 1-2-3 at 5-6.5k rpm. Hilarity.